• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff like this gets me so nostalgic. How time flies man. Still my absolute GOAT. Really hoped for a proper June for BotW 2 reveal when they announced the delay in April this year.

I really hope Breath Of The Wild 2 has a moment similar to when you first come out of that cave/shrine and see the world for the first time. I really hope they can capture that magic again.

Stuff like this gets me so nostalgic. How time flies man. Still my absolute GOAT. Really hoped for a proper BotW 2 June reveal when they announced the delay in April this year.

Drives me through the roof when people say the soundtrack is bad. It’s so intimately coupled to my own experience in that world, and is so much more thoughtful and evocative than the ‘random piano notes’ it’s accused of being could ever hope to achieve.

I put videos like the above on loop for some work days.

It is tragic that they didn’t use the stellar trailer song in the game for something story related, but that doesn’t take anything away from what they did deliver.

Lucy_%282014_film%29_poster.jpg
This shit was so trash but damn the cgi looked cool. Bad part? When i seek scenes from the film, especially the ending, theres always some nutjob in the comment section going on about religions, conspiracy, aliens etc.

Stuff like this gets me so nostalgic. How time flies man. Still my absolute GOAT. Really hoped for a proper June for BotW 2 reveal when they announced the delay in April this year.

had some significant life events happen around 2016/2017 so my personal timeline has 2016/2017 as the start of a new period of my life. Switch also happens to launch in that period so I really do associate BOTW and its soundscape with that period of my life.

Stuff like this gets me so nostalgic. How time flies man. Still my absolute GOAT. Really hoped for a proper BotW 2 June reveal when they announced the delay in April this year.

I work all day at a computer doing backend IT shit. I love to put on this sound track or the Zelda & chill playlist when working

had some significant life events happen around 2016/2017 so my personal timeline has 2016/2017 as the start of a new period of my life. Switch also happens to launch in that period so I really do associate BOTW and its soundscape with that period of my life.
Same here man. I can just close my eyes and hear the game and it just transports me back! What an absolutely incredible, amazing experience of a game!

Drives me through the roof when people say the soundtrack is bad. It’s so intimately coupled to my own experience in that world, and is so much more thoughtful and evocative than the ‘random piano notes’ it’s accused of being could ever hope to achieve.

It is tragic that they didn’t use the stellar trailer song in the game for something story related, but that doesn’t take anything away from what they did deliver.
Agreed. People dont want to sit down and pay attention, discern all the subtle but oh so ever present themes in botw (zelda's theme and the main theme constantly reappear in fitting situations as an example). I am not a music nerd but for me botw has the most developed ost of all zelda games and a strong candidate for nintendo in general.

How they develop the themes, be it the champions, main theme, ganon, zelda,the villages, even horse riding that feels like just random notes isnt, its full of motifs
All people want is some ear blasting latin choir that is basically just orchestral noise, no space for subtlety.

But i also blame nintendo for this. They should have let you toggle the audio cause so many tracks are barely audible that i dont blame people for not noticing them. Needs to be fixed in botw2.

Last edited:

Not only do I agree, I'll take it a step further: the very calm, contemplative music throughout the game makes it that much better when the main theme finally swells for the final battle. One of my favorite Zelda moments, the standoff between Link and Dark Beast Ganon.

Also, weird:

Not only do I agree, I'll take it a step further: the very calm, contemplative music throughout the game makes it that much better when the main theme finally swells for the final battle. One of my favorite Zelda moments, the standoff between Link and Dark Beast Ganon.

Also, weird:
The Final Boss gets a lot of shit but I absolutely love it in a "victory lap" kind of way. The music is just too good.

it’s an unquestionable A+ soundtrack.

they both give me Simpsons Ketchup/Catsup vibes tbh.... gonna have to wait a bit before I can take Sylux serious.
just like Nintendo

6mpp57.jpg
In this case the Catsup you know that it will taste horrible and have been knowing it for years, the Ketchup seems decent but you haven’t been able to taste it enough to know if you like it.

Summer doesn't end until September 22nd.

It would be hilarious if the next Direct is on September 21st.
Oh come on. Meteorological seasons is where it's at. No amount of science or anything can convince me that summer doesn't end on August 31st. It's dead, dammit. Time to break out the pumpkin bread, blankets, and spooky stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom