• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe

Pokemon Presents
Splatoon 3 direct
Metroid Prime Remaster Twitter announcement
Indie Direct
Bayonetta 3 direct (?)

My doubt is more about the event being in Sept than hardware coming this year, PS4 Pro/Slim leaked before release a lot I think Nintendo will want to avoid as many leaks as possible like they always do in hardware, that's why I think August fits better. They are 'cleaning' all Switch OG games releasing this year this month to prepare for Drake announcement next month
I think the last thing Nintendo ever wants is a repeat of the Switch Lite shell leak from April of 2019. While it was, in the grand scheme of things, entirely harmless, Nintendo clearly hates not being in 100% control of their own messaging/marketing. So I tend to agree with this: they're going to announce the Pro ASAP as to not have any inevitable factory leaks take control of the messaging before they can control it themselves.

I agree: I think all the stuff we've been getting recently are unrelated to the Pro. They want crystal clear messaging: they don't want to feature games in the Pro Showcase (ProCase) that aren't taking advantage of the new hardware, and they're very reluctant to show games that DO take advantage of the new hardware before they can show it in the best possible light. Hence, the weird pseudo-silence from Nintendo lately.

My doubt is more about the event being in Sept than hardware coming this year, PS4 Pro/Slim leaked before release a lot I think Nintendo will want to avoid as many leaks as possible like they always do in hardware, that's why I think August fits better. They are 'cleaning' all Switch OG games releasing this year this month to prepare for Drake announcement next month
I think the leaking itself has changed.

Just look at the PS5 and XSX. Besides specs (and those were wrong in the end) nothing ever leaked besides the PS5 devkit. The same is happening with the Pro. Only devkits are known at this time. The OLED also never got leaked besides the Aura talk.

I mean not only consoles, but also GPUs, CPUs. They definitely have tighten the leaking by almost 100%.

I think the last thing Nintendo ever wants is a repeat of the Switch Lite shell leak from April of 2019. While it was, in the grand scheme of things, entirely harmless, Nintendo clearly hates not being in 100% control of their own messaging/marketing. So I tend to agree with this: they're going to announce the Pro ASAP as to not have any inevitable factory leaks take control of the messaging before they can control it themselves.

I agree: I think all the stuff we've been getting recently are unrelated to the Pro. They want crystal clear messaging: they don't want to feature games in the Pro Showcase (ProCase) that aren't taking advantage of the new hardware, and they're very reluctant to show games that DO take advantage of the new hardware before they can show it in the best possible light. Hence, the weird pseudo-silence from Nintendo lately.
The question is, what do they hate more-

Factory leaks of new hardware or announcing new hardware early causing an effect to existing hardware sales? It's a balancing act IMO.

One more thing: It is rumored that Nvidia will unveil Ada at gamescom. We know from kopite that the Switch Pro could be based on Ada.

This can also be a very important point. Just think back at the PS5 and XSX where we were told that its just RDNA(1) because 2 didnt exist officially.

Let's think about things by WEEK NUMBERS because that's a good way to think about/visualize video game release date spread/openings

NEXT WEEK is WEEK 30 (W30) of 2022.

W30 - Live A Live
W31 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3
W32 -
W33 -
W34 -
W35 -
W36 -
W37 - Splatoon 3
W38 -
W39 -
W40 -
W41 -
W42 -
W43 - Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
W44 - Bayonetta 3
W45 -
W46 -
W47 - Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
W48 -
W49 -
W50 -
W51 -
W52 - The Week Before Christmas/New Years
W53 - Christmas/New Years

TBH there's not THAT many big wide openings to drop other stuff. I could see Metroid Prime HD dropping in early December (W49 or so) and AW1+2 is a bit of a wild card.
The gap between Splatoon 3 and Mario + Rabbids sticks out to me. Early December has Dragon Quest Treasures as an exclusive for Switch, too. I wouldn't rule out early October for a Prime HD release, especially if Nintendo just announced it through Twitter this month.

I'd also guess that a 1-2 Switch sequel could squeeze into that early December window, or perhaps Advance Wars.

Just toying with the weeks from @Derachi...and/or throwing darts at a wall :ROFLMAO::

W30 - Live A Live
W32 -
W33 -
W34 - GB/GBA on NSO
W35 -
W36 -
W37 - Splatoon 3
W38 -
W39 - Kirby Dream Buffet
W40 - Mario Kart Wave 2
W41 -
W42 -
W44 - Bayonetta 3
W45 -
W46 - Metroid Prime Remake
W48 -
W49 - Wind Waker/Twilight Princess Remasters
W50 -
W51 -

I think that tracks, yeah. Weird they didn't give a date on it yet, though.
Haha, yeah, I really wish they just gave a date, or even a month, haha! :ROFLMAO:
There’s also little stuff to sneak in like Kirby. Probably GB/GBA (we hope) between Splatoon and Rabbids.
Ah, that'd be sweet! Come on GB/GBA!

Required BGM while reading:

5qb0mi.jpg

It is.
And FE3Hopes is a sequel to one, so it's pretty much just for fans of that aswell.
Mario & Rabbids is not a jrpg, but an RPG.
I count 8 games for RPG fans.

So I get where they are coming from.
Exactly

And it's not just RPGs, or RPG "adjacent" games. I like Pokemon and Paper Mario and all that. If you aren't a big fan of the more "anime" side of Nintendo, this year has been incredibly thin.

I don't like Samus either but if Sylux is Jon isn't it the second time he creates an account to roast her? That's not very nice of him to be fair (as she being a fake insider, but). Like I don't get why we should find amusing someone quoting someone via their Twitter to insult them. Crazy.

Again, why would Jon also make a legitimate leaker account after making a fake one that criticizes exactly that? His motives make absolutely no sense, and if his stance on leakers is just a cover, then he’d be trying as hard as he could to keep SyluxHunter unaffiliated with both WaddleDeeKnows and himself. Not to mention how much of an issue it would cause for GVG and any potential relationships they have with publishers.

It just doesn’t really check out, and I’d be incredibly disappointed in him if that was the case.

The gap between Splatoon 3 and Mario + Rabbids sticks out to me. Early December has Dragon Quest Treasures as an exclusive for Switch, too. I wouldn't rule out early October for a Prime HD release, especially if Nintendo just announced it through Twitter this month.

I'd also guess that a 1-2 Switch sequel could squeeze into that early December window, or perhaps Advance Wars.
Oh, yeah, they could definitely do a quick release of 1-2 Switch 2 without a bunch of fanfare if they want!

One more thing: It is rumored that Nvidia will unveil Ada at gamescom. We know from kopite that the Switch Pro could be based on Ada.

This can also be a very important point. Just think back at the PS5 and XSX where we were told that its just RDNA(1) because 2 didnt exist officially.
New Switch is 100% not Ada

PSA to the folks that don't have a twitter account but want to browse tweets.

When the log-in pops up click "log-in". Then click exit/close on the second pop-up.

Now you can browse twitter again.

Again, why would Jon also make a legitimate leaker account after making a fake one that criticizes exactly that? His motives make absolutely no sense, and if his stance on leakers is just a cover, then he’d be trying as hard as he could to keep SyluxHunter unaffiliated with both WaddleDeeKnows and himself. Not to mention how much of an issue it would cause for GVG and any potential relationships they have with publishers.

It just doesn’t really check out, and I’d be incredibly disappointed in him if that was the case.
it's become very personal with samushunter

Just toying with the weeks from @Derachi...and/or throwing darts at a wall :ROFLMAO::

W30 - Live A Live
W32 -
W33 -
W34 - GB/GBA on NSO
W35 -
W36 -
W37 - Splatoon 3
W38 -
W39 - Kirby Dream Buffet
W40 - Mario Kart Wave 2
W41 -
W42 -
W44 - Bayonetta 3
W45 -
W46 - Metroid Prime Remake
W48 -
W49 - Wind Waker/Twilight Princess Remasters
W50 -
W51 -

Haha, yeah, I really wish they just gave a date, or even a month, haha! :ROFLMAO:

Ah, that'd be sweet! Come on GB/GBA!
My disappointment would be immense if we have to wait that long for the next wave of Mario Kart.

I don't like Samus either but if Sylux is Jon isn't it the second time he creates an account to roast her? That's not very nice of him to be fair (as she being a fake insider, but). Like I don't get why we should find amusing someone quoting someone via their Twitter to insult them. Crazy.
Eh, she and others create so much toxicity against actual journalists by spouting bullshit that I don't see the issue there.

Why would this cause any issue for him or GVG? Journalists leak stuff all the time, he leaked a ton of things while at GameXplain.

Because Samus Hunter is the most insufferable fake leaker out there. Play high and mighty and expect someone to hit you with a low blow. That's how it goes.

Factory leaks of new hardware or announcing new hardware early causing an effect to existing hardware sales? It's a balancing act IMO.
I think the Pro's messaging is going to be extremely careful, and I think the message they're going to want to get across with laser-focus precision is this: This model is for people who already know they want it. It's not going to be the primary model right now, because there is zero chance they're able to make enough to fulfill demand, and they also do not want the general public to start thinking Nintendo is a company that makes high end $500 (USD) game consoles for the hardcore audience only.

If I had to guess, I think this new model's messaging is going to focus on these points:

- entirely optional for 99% of video game players
- premium in every sense of the word (most importantly, price)
- powerful
- not for people who don't know they already want it
- the best way to play games like BOTW2 and Metroid Prime
- not at all necessary for the Animal Crossing / Just Dance / Pokemon / Fortnite crowd (even if those games CAN take advantage of the power)
- absolutely, under no circumstances, replacing the existing 100+ Million Nintendo Switch units out there right now

With all of this said, I think them cannibalizing their own sales is not the biggest concern. There's a reason they announced a Splatoon themed OLED: They're still going to put the OLED model (The New Base Model imo) front and centre in their "Nintendo Switch Family of Systems" line-up shots, with the Lite to one side and the Pro to the other.

New Switch is 100% not Ada
I doubt you know this.

It can be very well. kopite is one if not the most reliable Nvidia leaker.

Also Hardware development is a very complex issue. Remember how the PS3 qent with the Nvidia RSX 1 year before launch after coming to the point that the Cell alone is not suitable for gfx?

Eh, she and others create so much toxicity against actual journalists by spouting bullshit that I don't see the issue there.

If that's the case, then, sure. I don't follow her so I haven't seen any toxicity (not going to ask for prove as it would be pointless). Still doesn't make it right, I don't know. Twitter is such an easy place for any toxic behaviour to flow. Just ignore her, if people trust their fake leaks I think that's on them.

I don't know how people could believe that Jon runs this account, when Sylux said the release date for Bayonetta 3 weeks ago.

it's totally Jon though

the account was made the same day as WaddleDeeKnows
He probably just guessed the last friday before Halloween.

Exactly

And it's not just RPGs, or RPG "adjacent" games. I like Pokemon and Paper Mario and all that. If you aren't a big fan of the more "anime" side of Nintendo, this year has been incredibly thin.
I'd argue that it's weird to complain about Anime when the prequel to their most anitcipated game has been very Anime.
I get being turned off by to many RPGs, but Nintendo is from Japan and Anime is a very broad term, even Mario has a certain Anime style.
And I know that's not what people mean when saying Anime, the first thing they think of is boring Sword Art Online like faces probably.

What "not-Anime" thing is it even that people anticipate from Nintendo?
Mario Odyssey 2?
Metroid Prime?

Why would this cause any issue for him or GVG? Journalists leak stuff all the time, he leaked a ton of things while at GameXplain.
The only thing he ever leaked at GX were direct dates (and he did that through Era alongside a few other people, not GX) and that one direct where his predictions were suspiciously way too accurate, which he never claimed as a leak. Beyond that, nothing.

Typically, the people who first report on leaks are not review outlets. It’s one thing to be the leaker yourself, it’s another to simply cover a leak going around.

And, once again, it flies directly in the face of his own video he created this year. And if he’s trying use that as a cover, then he’s doing a spectacularly terrible job to the point where I refuse to believe he’s that dumb.

How many sales do you think they will lose by announcing the console one month earlier? They can’t even cover demand yet, I don’t think the sales lost would have any impact on Nintendo’s financials

If I had to guess I'd put Prime in early October with an announcement this month, and 1-2 Switch in December with an announcement in September outside of a Direct.

Advance Wars unceremoniously launched in early January, but I buy 1 million copies to give the series a future.

maybe indieszero rhythm heaven is the december game
Or Style Savvy, which is definitely in the works. And there is already the Switch exclusive Dragon Quest Treasures on the second Friday in December, so December 2nd might get a Nintendo title.

I doubt you know this.

It can be very well. kopite is one if not the most reliable Nvidia leaker.

Also Hardware development is a very complex issue. Remember how the PS3 qent with the Nvidia RSX 1 year before launch after coming to the point that the Cell alone is not suitable for gfx?
Nintendo doesn't care about hardware specs. The New Switch will have the cheapest possible hardware to run games at above 1080p, so they can call it 4K capable. Don't expect it to run PS5 or Series games much better than Steam Deck. First/Second party will look awesome, they even look great on current Switch. 3rd party will still be underwhelming.

SyluxHunter account existing to dunk on SamusHunter is pretty entertaining.

Also I guess we aren't getting any directs (outside of maybe a Splatoon 3 one in August) until September.

August seems like a prime candidate for both the next wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC and Kirby's Dream Buffet. This week might be spoken for with Pokémon Puzzle League on the N64 app, Live-A-Live is next week, and Xenoblade 3 is the week after.

Nintendo doesn't care about hardware specs. The New Switch will have the cheapest possible hardware to run games at above 1080p, so they can call it 4K capable. Don't expect it to run PS5 or Series games much better than Steam Deck. First/Second party will look awesome, they even look great on current Switch. 3rd party will still be underwhelming.
that's an interesting belief

Kinda thinking the Advance wars release date will get dropped on Twitter a few weeks before it releases probably in august

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom