• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That‘s true for sure. And I understand that they can‘t explain every internal reason why they do something or not. But it would be sometimes cool if they would communicate a bit more. I mean for example it would have been no problem to say like at the end of march, that there will be no June Presentation because there is no E3.
I understand that they want to always generate hype and announce stuft with short notice because of that. But I feel like this strategy dosen‘t work always.
I don't know why would they need to said that. E3 was cancelled and so Nintendo had no ties on it. Since we all expected General Direct in June it's our fault. That's like saying in January that there will be a Direct in mid February because some people could be disappointed that there won't be one in January.

Looking across all Nintendo's accounts, sites, and channels

UX3KbI9.gif

TBH with the size of my backlog (I'm pretty sure I could retire, spend the rest of my life gaming and still not play everything I want to play) and LAL coming next week I'm totally ok with Twitter announcements as something even if it's not ideal. Although honestly, if they were canning Directs altogether I feel like they would announce the end of the format and would not have done a Partner Direct last month.

I'm definitely all for some synthwave representation and acknowledgement by Nintendo. Pull out the big bucks and get The Midnight for a Hardware reveal trailer and 😘👌 80s nostalgia perfection
Awww yessss, this would be perfect for new hardware reveal:

From an entirely practical standpoint, it would be kind of nice if this is it for the holiday. Usually we'd know better by now.

All the same, we could get a Twitter announcement of Bayonetta 3's release date at any time.
Totally. Even if nothing new is put on the docket for the rest of the year I'm good just with LAL and maybe starting XC1 in earnest. Or Nier Automata or P5R in October. Or getting back to any of the Switch games I started and haven't finished yet (which is a backlog of its own at this point).

You have said that Nintendo doesn't want to do interviews and that Live a Live doesn't disprove your point. And I said that Nintendo did the Switch Sports interview.
I literally haven't said that though. But since you insist, let's look at my actual posts:

Live a Live isn't a Nintendo game. It's a Square Enix game published by Nintendo in the West, and that video was almost definitely Square's idea instead of Nintendo's (especially since it's all in Japanese, the language of the region where SE themselves are publishing/marketing the game). In terms of actual Nintendo titles, their channel doesn't have a single interview in the past year.
Saying that their YT channel has no dev interviews in the past year =/= saying that "Nintendo doesn't want to do interviews." Nor was it the main point of the post. I didn't know about the Ask the Dev interviews then and, yeah, they're pretty cool if a bit infrequent (and focused a bit too much on non-game development imo), but - again - literally nothing I said there is false or even unlikely.

The Square Enix channel has no Live a Live content: https://www.youtube.com/c/squareenixna/search?query=live a live

And, no, it is not a Nintendo title. Neither was Octopath, or SMTV, or Bravely Default 2, or Triangle Strategy. They're third-party games that Nintendo publishes (in the West only) and gives prime-time Direct time to in exchange for timed - or exclusive - console exclusivity. As such, you simply can't use it as indication that Nintendo themselves wants to do more developer interviews. It's as much an indication of that as the game itself is of them suddenly doing a HD-2D remake of Earthbound.
Again, saying that Live a Live doesn't indicate a trend in Nintendo =/= saying that "Nintendo doesn't want to do interviews." To give an example, saying that the positive sales of Oranges do not indicate a positive trend in the sales of Apples does not mean that you think Apple sales are actually faltering. It means that Apples and Oranges literally aren't the same thing.

Yeah, I agree, even if I think you might be a bit hyperbolic here.

It's not that Nintendo is communicating poorly from a marketing sense - their continued massive success is testament to that - but, overall, it feels like being part of the 'Nintendo community' is in spite of Nintendo, and not because of them. Same kinda goes for Sony too. Both companies have stopped really caring about reaching out to their fans outside of designated 'marketing events.' Of course the pandemic is still ongoing so physical events are gonna be less prominent, but it's not like Nintendo's gonna bring stuff like the Nintendo World Championships back any day soon.

Though Sony is definitely better, and that's saying something lol. I mean, I can at least go and listen to, say, The Last of Us' soundtrack on Spotify if I want. If I want to listen to Mario Galaxy's Soundtrack I have to dig out my copy of the arbitrarily-limited Mario 3D All Stars and play it from there; and that's one of the rare situations where it is actually available. Sony also didn't DMCA stuff like Bloodborne PSX, whereas Nintendo DMCAs fan-games left and right.
Again, nothing to do with interviews here and, again, I didn't know about the Ask the Devs stuff. They are cool, but I'd argue they're not enough overall for the reasons I mentioned above.

So, yeah. You really need to stop being so defensive, cause it's making you read waaaaaayyyyy too much into a few posts that are literally just me refuting the evidence someone else gave.

That's actually a fitting gif, given Nintendo perfectly fits the description Gandalf gives about wizards:

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Read it carefully. That's describing Nintendo.
I’m pretty sure Nintendo is always late tho, they just dont care about it

I don't know why would they need to said that. E3 was cancelled and so Nintendo had no ties on it. Since we all expected General Direct in June it's our fault. That's like saying in January that there will be a Direct in mid February because some people could be disappointed that there won't be one in January.
Sorry meant to say in mai. People expected something because they usually reveal their fall lineup at that time. I think it would have been better to inform when they plan to not have a presentation this time. Ubisoft and EA did that too.

How likely is it that they wouldn't make a dedicated presentation for Drake first, and introduce it as a surprise in an upcoming Direct with Eiji Aonuma before showing a new Zelda trailer (running on Drake)?

What we could get in 5 minutes: Bayo 3 release date, Splatoon 3 trailer + testfire, Wave 2 announcement, 1-2 Switch 2 announcement, Switch Sports leg strap update and Pokemon

That's actually a fitting gif, given Nintendo perfectly fits the description Gandalf gives about wizards:

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Haha, you're actually really right! :ROFLMAO: Good one!

Awww yessss, this would be perfect for new hardware reveal:

culture-man-of-culture.gif

God I'm so hyped for their new album. I saw their show last March where they debuted Change Your Heart Or Die and the energy was ELECTRIC. Hell I only recently found out their latest single Avalanche has Jessie Frye listed on the songwriting credits!

Holy shit, they even managed to put the letters spelling "Nintendo" in that quote.

"What did you think of that Nintendo Direct Mini: First Party Showcase? Some of you with a keen eye may have noticed that many of the games shown today look a lot better than they have in the past... please take a look at this final announcement to see why."

"What did you think of that Nintendo Direct Mini: First Party Showcase? Some of you with a keen eye may have noticed that many of the games shown today look a lot better than they have in the past... please take a look at this final announcement to see why."
announces PC ports

Sounds like a good time to give a franchise you previously didn't like a chance again while waiting for an announcement for a personally preferred franchise.

Play Klonoa in the meantime
I've been playing through Snatcher on Sega CD for the first time this past week, I'm not actually foaming at the mouth for games to play or new announcements to hype me lol.

I literally haven't said that though. But since you insist, let's look at my actual posts:

Saying that their YT channel has no dev interviews in the past year =/= saying that "Nintendo doesn't want to do interviews." Nor was it the main point of the post. I didn't know about the Ask the Dev interviews then and, yeah, they're pretty cool if a bit infrequent (and focused a bit too much on non-game development imo), but - again - literally nothing I said there is false or even unlikely.

Again, saying that Live a Live doesn't indicate a trend in Nintendo =/= saying that "Nintendo doesn't want to do interviews." To give an example, saying that the faltering sales of Oranges do not indicate a trend in the sales of Apples does not mean that you think Apple sales are faltering. It means that Apples and Oranges literally aren't the same thing.

Again, nothing to do with interviews here and, again, I didn't know about the Ask the Devs stuff. They are cool, but I'd argue they're not enough overall for the reasons I mentioned above.

So, yeah. You really need to stop being so defensive, cause it's making you read waaaaaayyyyy too much into a few posts that are literally just me refuting the evidence someone else gave.
First, I am not defensive. You are the one writing a testament.

Secondly, this is what you wrote: "They're third-party games that Nintendo publishes (in the West only) and gives prime-time Direct time to in exchange for timed - or exclusive - console exclusivity. As such, you simply can't use it as indication that Nintendo themselves wants to do more developer interviews."

Which. I just said that they did the Switch Sports interview not too long ago.

How is that defensive?

I would faint

First, I am not defensive. You are the one writing a testament.

Secondly, this is what you wrote: "They're third-party games that Nintendo publishes (in the West only) and gives prime-time Direct time to in exchange for timed - or exclusive - console exclusivity. As such, you simply can't use it as indication that Nintendo themselves wants to do more developer interviews."

Which. I just said that they did the Switch Sports interview not too long ago.

How is that defensive?
Yeah, I ain't continuing this.

The Square Enix channel has no Live a Live content: https://www.youtube.com/c/squareenixna/search?query=live a live
I was talking about the Japanese Square Enix channel which does have Live A Live content like the character trailers. That channel doesn't have the interview on it which tells me this was more likely Nintendo's decision.
And, no, it is not a Nintendo title. Neither was Octopath, or SMTV, or Bravely Default 2, or Triangle Strategy. They're third-party games that Nintendo publishes (in the West only) and gives prime-time Direct time to in exchange for timed - or exclusive - console exclusivity. As such, you simply can't use it as indication that Nintendo themselves wants to do more developer interviews. It's as much an indication of that as the game itself is of them suddenly doing a HD-2D remake of Earthbound.
I'm a huge Team Asano fan and know that Live A Live and their other titles are not Nintendo games. Nor am I using this video as indication that Nintendo wants to do more developer interviews, but it doesn't mean that they stopped doing interviews altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom