• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_pccpb8klIs1qb5qxmo1_500.gifv

I can see an update to Fall Guys....its a summer release. Two years after it popped off. A total shitshow.

I'm really happy about arkham. I was out of gaming for over a decade before the switch but always kept up a bit with gaming stuff. Those games were on my dreamlist of games for the system...games like the witcher 3, dmc, persona, yakuza, mass effect, dead space and NHL. Keep crossing my fingers the rest of these come true.

Speaking of NHL...if EA pulled a Fifa on switch with NHL and just did a ps3 port with $60 roster updates every year I would be so down and so grateful.

Correct. It's a new mainline game. Some FE characters will return, in some way. Very ambitious in scope. It's not a 3H sequel.

This year, I will only consider a Nintendo project "very ambitious in scope" if Portuguese is available
Besides this, only Nintendo doing Nintendo things normally

The gameplay doesn't at all interest me. I like tactical RPGs but Fire Emblem is too abstracted, if that makes any sense. It's too far removed from like, normal, logical combat IMO for it to be engaging.

Plus I'm not really into story/characters as the primary driver for a game, with only like a couple exceptions. Unless the story and characters absolutely ooze charm (like in DQ).

That's a shame. A good Fire Emblem mission can really keep you on your toes about carefully planning your routes, strategically splitting up your team etc. I also can't say I ever played the games for the story. Like, I enjoy them for the most part but it's definitely not what makes me come back to the games. But if the games don't appeal to you then they don't.

I know I was all like "I don't need a new Fire Emblem in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-two with all those other strategy games releasing this year", but you know what?

Turns out I need it after all, because I'm just that much of a sucker, I guess.

I'm really glad to hear (read?) Nate's reassurance on FE 2022 being ambitious in scope! I really hope they greatly expand on the free-roam elements this time around. I'd love to see this game be more of a traditional JRPG but with FE gameplay/battles, if that makes any sense. One thing I really hope they add is dungeons. I also hope the map design is a lot better this time. The 3H DLC is a good sign, at the very least! I also hope they further improve on the storytelling. And of course, hearing the the visuals are a step above 3H is good, even if I still don't expect them do be great, hopefully they are at least fairly decent, and we can get top-tier graphics with next year's FE4 remake from IS.

Imagine the new Fire Emblem being STORY HEAVY like FF Tactics.. that would be AMBITIOUS in scope if you want my opinion, that would be the best of both worlds.

Three Houses is an overall rather mediocre game gameplay wise.

It really needed much better map design, variety in missions and better balance. I wouldn’t think Fire Emblem isn’t for you if that’s the only game you put some serious. Time into getting into.

Radiant Dawn and Conquest show a much better view of how fun those games can be. Fire Emblem 12 too, but that’s Japanese’s only sadly.

Man if only half of these rumored games get announced in the next Direct I will be a happy camper. Personally, only BOTW2, Xenoblade 3 and a new FE among the ones rumored or already announced get me hyped, but I will buy Kirby, and Mario +Rabbids, and... if it's a thing... a new Mario Kart, for sure.

Not a big fan of Metroidvania, personally, and Splatoon is an interesting take on the shooter genre but not interesting enough to make me buy it (I have tried the test runs they did with splatoon 2). Bayonetta just... see I have played other Platinum games and enjoyed them immensely, but Bayonetta just doesn't catch my fancy I guess. Regardless, I see that those games would get a lot of people excited, so I would not be mad if I get zero of what I am personally interested in if those are there.

Regardless, this is shaping up to be a crazy year, but that was bound to happen eventually after so much stuff probably got inter ally delayed due to covid and whatnot.

Now I am hoping it's maybe on Thursday so I can sleep in the next day at least (it's usually 11pm here and I can't sleep when excited which I might be after the direct... and I don't have work on Friday so pretty please?).

Also @Raccoon needs to stop pretending like Nintendo's biggest studio, without whom BOTW would not exist in it's current form, does not matter, or I will start taking this as a personal affront.

Just kidding about the personal affront. 🤣

Ambitious in scope is interesting, since I'd already consider Three Houses plenty ambitious in terms of scope (4 routes, dozens of support conversations, everything's fully voiced, a lot of new gameplay mechanics for FE). So if this is meant to be a step up from that then consider me pretty damn hyped.

I'm curious about the new FE, but i also haven't finished Three Houses yet. I'll get back to it as soon as i wrap up Arceus

Direct announcement would be Tuesday right if its on Wednesday the 9th? Ill definitely be ready for 9 am EST then and have my coffee ready lol

Imagine the new Fire Emblem being STORY HEAVY like FF Tactics.. that would be AMBITIOUS in scope if you want my opinion, that would be the best of both worlds.
I'm more of a gameplay > story kind of guy, so I would hope that the increase in scope goes more towards the former. Make the maps bigger, or at least more intricate. Do more with the terrain. Add verticality.

I agree that 3H is definitely on the weaker side gameplay wise. There were a lot of good ideas there that needed heavy rebalancing. Like the whole stats going up to the base stats of the class thing and Wyverns being way too strong for all physical units. Balance the class system a bit more and introduce more varied objectives and it would be amazing on top of all the other great aspects of 3H

Three Houses is an overall rather mediocre game gameplay wise.

It really needed much better map design, variety in missions and better balance. I wouldn’t think Fire Emblem isn’t for you if that’s the only game you put some serious. Time into getting into.

Radiant Dawn and Conquest show a much better view of how fun those games can be. Fire Emblem 12 too, but that’s Japanese’s only sadly.
As far as the quality of the map design/gameplay goes, I think KT can probably do some really good stuff with the mechanics they made for 3H, assuming they're all (or most of them, at least) brought back. Two in particular that I think have lots of potential as far as map design goes are the huge squads you can command (maybe enemies can use this mechanic in the new game similar to how enemies gained the ability to pair-up in Fates?) and the multi-life bar monster battles—the latter of which could be used for more "traditional" boss battles, which FE doesn't really have. Aelfric from the DLC is the best (only, really) FE example I can think of, dunno if I'm making any sense.

Plus there will probably be some new mechanics on top of the polished old ones, too. Plus plus they were already trying to make better, more unique/varied maps in the DLC, which is a good sign for this upcoming game imo.

I want Intelligent Systems (and KT) to make the daily activities more varied in the main hub. Also if there’s seasonal events they can dress up the main hub to match it.

I have a good feeling about this week, it feels about right. Next week is possible too, but with a pokemon presents at the end of the month they may want a bit more space between the events.

5107QVRFE4L.jpg

I'll take this as a monkey paw wish. The main single player was crap but the multiplayer was as good as Goldeneye. Can be played in third person and it got... BOTS! You don't THREE friends to fully enjoy it, assign bots and they'd play better than so called friends that you had to teach how to play first.

Red and Blue...all I can think is essentially the story will have 2 sides similar to Fates? Maybe civil war or two countries at war.

And ambitious...my main concern is repeating maps. That burnt me out in Three Houses.

Still, NEW FIRE EMBLEM IS FAST APPROACHING!!

I liked Three Houses from the 35 hours I put in, but it never fully hooked me. Hoping that changes with this new one, which we're definitely seeing on Wednesday at 5pm ET :)
Same I liked it just fine for 1 playthrough. But not to do the other houses. I just looked those up online lol

I'll go crazy and say that we do see Zelda with a title and Holiday 2022 date. But its just another small teaser with the promise of more later in the year.

Every once in a while I remind myself that a good chunk of the Chrono Trigger team split from Square and formed what would eventually become one of Nintendo's most important support studios and it makes me do a smile.

Oh nice, top of the page. Calculated

Nintendo Direct - February 9, 2022

Cold open: the Rare logo appears. An iconic theme begins to play. It's Goldeneye 007, coming to NSO later today. Cool. (Game Pass gets the remaster, also later today)

Koizumi appears, yaddy yaddy yadda. Now headlines.

Headline set #1: Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (April something), Tactics Ogre Remastered, Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles, Alan Wake Remastered, Warioware: Get it Together! DLC (first content later in February)

Now the real fun begins. New Fire Emblem game. (The Japanese Direct has it as the first announcement) Yay. It's coming up quick in May, has new stuff in it idk.

Headline set #2: Mario Sports Mix 2 (June), Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (shadowdrop), Aragami 2, ENIGMA ARCHIVES: Rain Code, Zombie Army 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Kirby 30th Game & Watch

Second showcase game: it's Splatoon 3 again. Summer release window. Expanded PvE mode, more campaign details, first testfire coming in March exclusively to NSO subscribers.

Headline set #3 (home stretch): Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival 2 (May), Lara Croft and the isometric spinoff games (shadowdrop), XCOM Chimera Squad, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Strikers

Sizzle reel: MLB The Show 22, Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection, Rune Factory 5, Chocobo GP, Remnant: From the Ashes, It Takes Two: Cloud Version (shadowdrop), Triangle Strategy (demo shadowdrop)

Back-to-back ending: Monolith Soft logo appears. Xenoblade 3. Cutscene only reveal trailer. Coming 2022. But... one more thing! It's Metroid Prime HD, surprise! Metroid Prime 1 but with improved geometry, textures, and a shiny new lighting engine that will probably be controversial in the end. Fall 2022. And fin.

Twitter will be mad at how weebcore it is. Famiboards will be disappointed at no Zelda. Era will be Era about it.
This sounds good but I refuse to believe WarioWare will get DLC before Mario Party does. My mind will actually explode if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom