• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh nice, top of the page. Calculated

Nintendo Direct - February 9, 2022

Cold open: the Rare logo appears. An iconic theme begins to play. It's Goldeneye 007, coming to NSO later today. Cool. (Game Pass gets the remaster, also later today)

Koizumi appears, yaddy yaddy yadda. Now headlines.

Headline set #1: Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (April something), Buddy Mission BOND (May), Alan Wake Remastered, XCOM Chimera Squad, Mario sports spinoff thing (June)

Now the real fun begins. New Fire Emblem game. (The Japanese Direct has it as the first announcement) Yay. It's coming this summer, has new stuff in it idk.

Headline set #2: Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series (shadowdrop), Aragami 2, Tactics Ogre Remastered, ENIGMA ARCHIVES: Rain Code, Zombie Army 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Kirby 30th Game & Watch

Second showcase game: it's Splatoon 3 again. June something. Expanded PvE mode, more campaign details, first testfire coming in March exclusively to NSO subscribers.

Headline set #3 (home stretch): Everybody Switch (May), Lara Croft and the isometric spinoff games (shadowdrop), LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Warioware: Get it Together! DLC (first content later in February), Sol Cresta, World of Demons (shadowdrop)

Sizzle reel: MLB The Show 22, Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection, Rune Factory 5, Chocobo GP, Remnant: From the Ashes, It Takes Two: Cloud Version (shadowdrop), Triangle Strategy (demo shadowdrop)

Back-to-back ending: Monolith Soft logo appears. Xenoblade 3. Cutscene only reveal trailer. Coming 2022. But... one more thing! It's Metroid Prime HD, surprise! Metroid Prime 1 but with improved geometry, textures, and a shiny new lighting engine that will probably be controversial in the end. Fall 2022. And fin.

Twitter will be mad at how weebcore it is. Famiboards will be disappointed at no Zelda. Era will be Era about it.

Last edited:
Because being first isn't always the best idea, especially if sources/contacts have not given permission to go public with the information. If someone else breaks elements of the story then those restrictions are lifted.

PLA info may have been wrong and my contact on it likely misunderstood how Mononlith or an employee/s may have assisted or been involved. It happens.
I wanted to ask. You heard from your own source DK was coming?

Hmm, I wonder if we'll see a Splitgate port announced at this Direct. The devs said they were hoping to port it last year: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...player_shooter_splitgate_could_come_to_switch

There is also a recent article about them wanting Splitgate on every platform. Hopefully there are means to port it properly.

I kinda want to do a Direct predictions contest for a 10 dollar e-shop card, but I have a feeling a bunch of people would end up winning and I'd be out of 60 or 70 bucks. Pain.

Becareful what you say people gonna think some Pokémon Fire Emblem red and blue coming lol

Red & Blue.
Omg Fates repeat confirmed oh why god no

M6npAas6wZxiqtZASX5Bw4Yq-qI=.gif

jk

there have been more predictions so I might end up evaluating the guesses after the direct and doing something with them

probably not though, post-direct hype doesn't need manufactured

Probably a prequel about Edelgard and Dimitri’s past. So something similar.

Or it’s a Pokémon Fire Emblem collaboration. That’s right. Pokémon Conquest 2. A tale of Marth and Roy

Correct. It's a new mainline game. Some FE characters will return, in some way. Very ambitious in scope. It's not a 3H sequel.

I'm reminded now that in all of the 3ds games, old fire emblem characters were playable either through DLC or amiibo.

Red and Blue makes me think of Alm and Cecilia again though, rather than Edelgard and Dimitri...

This Fire Emblem game sounding like it could be one of my most hyped games of the year. I loved Three Houses as is and this game should look better and it’s very ambitious.

Three Houses was my GOTY for 2019

I still think this new FE is gonna be released early next year and will get revealed in the September Direct. Latter half of the year stacked with big first party releases (BotW2, Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime R) and the whole year already has two turn based strategy games published by Nintendo. If the game is really out there, Nintendo will sit on it like they always do.

Ambitious in Scope doesn’t say much since IS definition varies a lot.

-For Three Housed was creating a monastery and three branches.
-Awakening was to make a love letter to classic Fire emblem while also putting as much content as they can
  • For Fates was two make fans happy of the classic style and newcomer friendly style. While also having a deep story (yes it failed but it was part of the initial pitch)
  • Echoes wasn’t described as ambitious as far I can remember from their talks but they did say they were proud of the character control for the dungeons.
  • Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn was the 1st console games since the 16 hit era and featuring large scale battles and large stories.

So ambitious could be anything. Depending on IS wants to focus on. I’m hoping for a Return to Conquest’s gameplay style. I’ve seen so many new Fire emblem fans not realizing how deep the gameplay and Maps can really get. Three Houses is very mediocre in that aspect.

As much as I would love a Genealogy remake a brand new mainline series game is much more appealing to me at this moment.

Red and Blue makes me think it’s a game set in Arachnea/Valentia again. Which would make it part of the same setting as Shadow Dragon, Gaiden, Awakening, etc.

As much as I would love a Genealogy remake a brand new mainline series game is much more appealing to me at this moment.

Red and Blue makes me think it’s a game set in Arachnea/Valentia again. Which would make it part of the same setting as Shadow Dragon, Gaiden, Awakening, etc.
I think Nate has been saying its a totally new saying, red and blue was probably just a meme referring to player and enemy unit colors lol

For the most part I agree, I will always take a new game over a remake. However, Fire Emblem is different franchise. There are still several games that were not localized as well as pre-Awakening games cough GCN and Wii games cough that are too damn expensive.

Nintendo seems to be all in on Fire Emblem so hopefully we can keep seeing a game at least every other year.

I liked Three Houses from the 35 hours I put in, but it never fully hooked me. Hoping that changes with this new one, which we're definitely seeing on Wednesday at 5pm ET :)

I still think this new FE is gonna be released early next year and will get revealed in the September Direct. Latter half of the year stacked with big first party releases (BotW2, Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime R) and the whole year already has two turn based strategy games published by Nintendo. If the game is really out there, Nintendo will sit on it like they always do.
Three Houses was released in July (after multiple delays).
Shadows of Valentia was released in April (JP) / May (West).
Fates was released in June (JP) / February-May (West)
Awakening was released in April.

Idk I think I see a pattern here.

I can’t take all this hype for the new FE😍😍😍
Can’t wait to play the new game lol
The only thing that I kinda wish will be there is the “more route in only one game” like they did with 3H (and not like they did with Fates…)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom