• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's because I'm playing Dark Souls 3 but more than themed dungeons I want to see more unique bosses in BotW2. Gimme some dragons to fight, you cowards.
Before BotW came out there was a screenshot of Dinraal that I thought was a Volvagia battle and I was so hyped, it was so disappointing to find out you just shoot it for scales

Completely agreed, need unique bosses in BotW2. Though I’m assuming that most who are requesting themed dungeons are including that because that has typically come with them

I finished Torna last week and replayed XB2 just to refresh myself on it, it's glorious, too bad Adamm model isn't in base XB2, but I think it's pretty certain that Rex is a direct descendant of him, like a mini Adamm. I plan to get the DLC blades too later today, as I am playing NG+. Anyhow, this only means that I am ready for XB3 (and that I need to play PLA after this).

I get being disappointed with Nintendo's treatment of their legacy library and the drip feeding of emulated games via NSO, it wasn't what I understood from your post about "GC falling into obscurity".
In retrospect I may have used the wrong terminology in my melodramatic post haha. Maybe not obscurity, but it feels like it doesn't get a lot of love compared to Wii U (though I guess that makes sense as they try to recoup costs on their only other HD console), but even Virtual Boy had a pseudo-renaissance from Tomodochi Life memes (even if no games were made available during the brief stint on 3DS).

If my favourite games can't get sequels, I wish they'd get ports. If they can't get ports, I wish they'd be emulated like 7 years ago. If they can't be emulated back then and not now, then I guess all I can do is mope around and play Pikmin on a PC until I get to The Forest Navel where the game crashes upon encountering the blue Pikmin.

The power of love
huey-lewis-and-the-news-the-power-of-love.gif

In retrospect I may have used the wrong terminology in my melodramatic post haha. Maybe not obscurity, but it feels like it doesn't get a lot of love compared to Wii U (though I guess that makes sense as they try to recoup costs on their only other HD console), but even Virtual Boy had a pseudo-renaissance from Tomodochi Life memes (even if no games were made available during the brief stint on 3DS).

If my favourite games can't get sequels, I wish they'd get ports. If they can't get ports, I wish they'd be emulated like 7 years ago. If they can't be emulated back then and not now, then I guess all I can do is mope around and play Pikmin on a PC until I get to The Forest Navel where the game crashes upon encountering the blue Pikmin.

huey-lewis-and-the-news-the-power-of-love.gif

Yeah I am like that with some of Sony’s games. If I can’t get a sly cooper or killzone, let me play the classics at least

This would be my personal favorite Direct of all time

Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, Final Fantasy 1-6 Remaster, Chrono Cross Remaster, Persona 4 Golden, Hollow Knight.

It's like... perfectly designed for me. Did you do this on purpose??
Yeah I looked at that one and was like... that's way too focused on all my specific tastes to be real, much as I'd love it. Tons of JRPGs? Vanillaware? Hollow Knight? Even the phrase "some western third party trailers I don't care about" pretty much nails it :p.
I aim to please...myself mainly, but it's nice knowing others share my tastes. Personally hoping at least half of that comes true.

Are there any actual rumors of an upcoming direct? I feel like I’ve been out of the loop lately.

Seriously what happened to Style Savvy? There was rumours that one meant for the 3DS got moved to the Switch due to the 3DS' lifespan dwindling. Then when the Switch Lite comes out Nintendo says they want to attract more female and sim players. Then Syn Sophia start hiring more people. And yet nothing, not even a smidgen of information or leaks has happened. I just wanna Ring a Ding again, man. And bring back best girl Alina Golding

Seriously what happened to Style Savvy? There was rumours that one meant for the 3DS got moved to the Switch due to the 3DS' lifespan dwindling. Then when the Switch Lite comes out Nintendo says they want to attract more female and sim players. Then Syn Sophia start hiring more people. And yet nothing, not even a smidgen of information or leaks has happened. I just wanna Ring a Ding again, man. And bring back best girl Alina Golding
Might drop when Nintendo needs a game to bridge an otherwise drier span.

Or they might just throw it out there will the standard amount of low-key promotion.

In regards to the February Direct, what games do we think could release from May to August? Obviously they could announce a title for the fall, holiday or even 2023, but given how stacked this year appears to be I think they’ll need to focus on the immediate near-term.

Splatoon 3 is almost certainly being released during this timeframe and should make an appearance. I’m guessing the new Fire Emblem from Koei Tecmo that Nate has been talking about will also release this summer and would need to be in this Direct as well. It also seems like 1-2-3 Switch (or whatever it will be called) is likely to be announced during this Direct released in 1H of this year.

I’d expect at least one more title to be released between May & August and show up during the Direct. While I’d love for that to be Metroid Prime Remastered, I’m thinking that might not be released until the fall to give Dread more time to breathe. If that’s the case, I feel like it could be an EPD 8 project. Just feels like they are due for something, especially if NST did most of the heavy lifting on Bowser’s Fury. Perhaps we finally see the long rumored DK game or get the much need Captain Toad 2. Either would slot in nicely with Splatoon 3 & Fire Emblem to fill out summer.

Metroid Dread sold 2.7 million
Mario Party Superstars 5.4 million
Looks like Dread will be the first Metroid to cross 3 mil. Not surprising with the Switch bump and the attention the game received, but well deserved.

I have to imagine Nintendo is pretty happy with those figures.

In regards to the February Direct, what games do we think could release from May to August?
If Nintendo does indeed re-release Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, I can see them dropping it during that space, probably June to July like they did with Skyward Sword HD.

Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope is an August game.

Leaving May and maybe June... I would NOT be shocked if they put something unprecedented in May or June, like... for instance... some prime stuff.

"Xenoblade 3" (I still don't think MLSI's next all-new project will be named "XenoBLADE", maybe it has some ties to "Xeno" on the whole (i.e. either "hard" Sci-Fi à la Gears/Saga/BladeX or "Science Fantasy" à la XBC/XBC2), but I wouldn't be shocked if they make something completely new) is, if it happens, their Holiday game, unless they release BotW2 there.

I wouldn't dismiss Mario Kart as a February announcement. Really depends on whether EPD can ship more than Zelda, Splatoon 3, and Everybody Switch this year; and perhaps whether Nintendo are prepared to show something for early 2023 and consequently, whether EPD are back to releasing a few things each year after the pandemic disruption.

EPD 8, 9, and 10 are the groups to watch for new games, given we know what EPD 3, 4, and 5 plan to ship games in 2022.

I wouldn't dismiss Mario Kart as a February announcement. Really depends on whether EPD can ship more than Zelda, Splatoon 3, and Everybody Switch this year; and perhaps whether Nintendo are prepared to show something for early 2023 and consequently, whether EPD are back to releasing a few things each year after the pandemic disruption.

EPD 8, 9, and 10 are the groups to watch for new games, given we know what EPD 3, 4, and 5 plan to ship games in 2022.
Yeah I said this earlier. If Mario Kart is coming this holiday I would believe they want to announce it now and not wait until E3. Especially if BotW 2 is also coming this holiday.

Imo if BotW2 is really releasing this year (and I REALLY hope so), then we won’t see this two in 2022. Maybe in 2023
Yep. Nintendo will keep Zelda ticking as an annual series. No need for remasters if they're shipping a new title. Personally expecting Wind Waker HD sometime in 2023, possibly with a bonus packaged with it to make it a better deal. In an ideal world, we'd get Wind Waker + Four Swords Adventures HD and then, later on, Twilight Princess + Link's Crossbow Training HD.

He is not claiming it will show in the upcoming Direct. He just confirmed that the game is real which is more funny tbh
Yep. He never said the game will show up in this upcoming direct. I get people don’t like him, but don’t make up stuff he never said.

I'm assuming we'll see Good-feel new game this month. They teased it in October 2020 and were planning for a 2021 release. Maybe Nintendo saw the potential and decided to invest more in it. The game was supposed to be published by Good-feel themselves right ? Maybe Nintendo's gonna help them now.

I'm assuming we'll see Good-feel new game this month. They teased it in October 2020 and were planning for a 2021 release. Maybe Nintendo saw the potential and decided to invest more in it. The game was supposed to be published by Good-feel themselves right ? Maybe Nintendo's gonna help them now.
Oh this game?

It's likely Nintendo is already publishing one of their games. Good-Feel has two offices, the main one in Kobe and a new one in Osaka. Their samurai game is in development at the new Osaka studio, the other one finished work on Crafted World in December 2018.

The Direct better be on the 9th at this point. Need to know their plans for the year for budgetary purposes. I am really tempted to get PLA, but Feb and March are already occupied in terms of money (and in terms of time the same is likely true foe April as well) with Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy. So I need to know what their plans are from May onward.

The Direct better be on the 9th at this point. Need to know their plans for the year for budgetary purposes. I am really tempted to get PLA, but Feb and March are already occupied in terms of money (and in terms of time the same is likely true foe April as well) with Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy. So I need to know what their plans are from May onward.
Sames but also more of a “just let me know when Splatoon 3 is coming so I can forget about every other game at least a month after it’s release”

Honestly as time goes the more I think it's gonna be the 17th or maybe... just maybe......

in March

Imo if BotW2 is really releasing this year (and I REALLY hope so), then we won’t see this two in 2022. Maybe in 2023
Yup, I agree. So far we haven't seen any Nintendo remake re release, only newly remastered games from the Wii u. I think those will see the light in the next gen as 4k/ultra versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom