• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question should be: "Tea is better than coffee. Discuss."

The poll options being:

Duh.
Always has been.
My name is Brewster, and I reject this message.

The new poll should ask "how do you take your tea or coffee"
I don’t. I drink hot chocolate. The new Swiss Miss White Chocolate is delicious by the way! With marshmallows and a trickle of caramel sauce on top: chef’s kiss.

Poll idea - Nintendo should buy:

Your momma
Your pappa
Your life
Your NFTs
An hourglass
Switch 2 bets/speculation
Microsoft

It's never "oh boy I bet I said something a lot of people liked", it's always "oh crap I said something controversial or insulting didn't I"?

Forgot to mention, since I couldn’t figure it out in time, I was going to show off my video game autographs for the merch raffle but couldn’t get to it in time. I hope to show them off anyway soon

I feel like March makes no sense since they have 2 big games releasing in early march that would probably get trailers in a Feb direct for visibility

Secret bragging post.
Gotta get my dopamine somehow.

It's never "oh boy I bet I said something a lot of people liked", it's always "oh crap I said something controversial or insulting didn't I"?
Even when I post something I assume people will find amusing, notifications for it still make me worry that it went badly. 😅 My faith is shot.

I drink my coffee with milk for the same reason people eat pizza with pineapple: Because it upsets people on the internet.
I drink my coffee with milk because green hair is best hair

It's-a me
Mah-rio
giphy.gif

I can’t wait for Triangle Strategy and that’s in a few weeks but after that the only game from Nintendo is Kirby and the rest of the Nintendo release calendar is empty. That’s why I’m confident a new direct is coming very soon.

I really do believe Xenoblade 3 is getting announced. Besides the rumors of one coming and Mitsuda hinting at a project being announced this month- there’s also the website.

The website is completely remade. Production 1 is no longer on their website. If you remember Monolith has 2 teams- Production 1 and Production 2. Prod 1 is the Xenoblade team and Prod 2 is the Zelda team. Well for years Monolith has had a hiring page for Xenoblade and a separate one for Zelda. But now the Xenoblade page is completely gone.

I think the employees they lost recently is possibly from Xenoblade being nearly completed (contracts ending). The hiring page is gone because well they don’t need to hire anyone for the game since it’s near completion.

Consider this:

If Wario goes "WAH!"
Why does Mario not go "MAH!"

sad wah
That would be something I would like to see, but as it stands, Mario only says "Mah!" for some of his jumping grunts, like in Super Mario Sunshine.

What would be funny is if Luigi go "LOOH!".

Thank you for reading.

I really do believe Xenoblade 3 is getting announced. Besides the rumors of one coming and Mitsuda hinting at a project being announced this month- there’s also the website.

The website is completely remade. Production 1 is no longer on their website. If you remember Monolith has 2 teams- Production 1 and Production 2. Prod 1 is the Xenoblade team and Prod 2 is the Zelda team. Well for years Monolith has had a hiring page for Xenoblade and a separate one for Zelda. But now the Xenoblade page is completely gone.

I think the employees they lost recently is possibly from Xenoblade being nearly completed (contracts ending). The hiring page is gone because well they don’t need to hire anyone for the game since it’s near completion.
Yeah, I feel like Xenoblade 3 (or whatever Monolith has been doing) is the second safest bet for this Direct

first is of course splatoon

Echoing people's sentiment here that a Direct will drop this month. I'll even go as far to guess it happens next week. My rational is that Triangle Strategy drops this first week of March. It's a JRPG and those tend to benefit from the exposure given in a direct. I feel like it might get a nice 3-4 minute blowout segment and a decent marketing push for the next 2-3 weeks after the Direct.

As for what else we'll see? I think there's too much smoke with Monolith Soft so some announcement from them seems imminent.

I don't think we're gonna see Zelda BotW2! I think it's too early in the year. But, I think they might announce WindWaker and TP and release them in July. Anouma will reassure people development is proceeding smoothly. Now if E3 wasn't such a vague thing right now, I would also go ahead and say Anouma would announce more info for E3. But since we don't even know if E3 will even happen this year (strong rumors it's getting canceled) I think they'll just keep quiet.

Splatoon 3 I think shows up for sure. As for a release date, I'm gonna predict late May or early June.

Finally, I think the last new announcement is going to be a Fire Emblem game for Fall/Winter. And that's it! I don't think Nintendo is going to reveal anything else this early in the year. No DK game, no Mario Kart 9. Table those expectations.

as it stands, Mario only says "Mah!" for some of his jumping grunts, like in Super Mario Sunshine.
Mario is not my forte by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we might have just settled the age-old debate on whether Sunshine is any good, and my extensive research seems to point towards it being, in fact, good.

Mah!/10

A direct in March doesn’t make any sense at all imo. I still believe it will be on the 16th-17th, but I’m starting to hope that it will be next week.

I'm not letting go of the hope for seeing BotW2, but I'm slowly developing a sense of boring realism that whispers in my hyped ear that it is Splatoon and Xenoblade's Direct.

Question is, what will open?

I'm not letting go of the hope for seeing BotW2, but I'm slowly developing a sense of boring realism that whispers in my hyped ear that it is Splatoon and Xenoblade's Direct.

Question is, what will open?
I’m optimistically thinking they’ll both open and close with new game announcements. I still say FE and XC3 but that’s more my heart talking than anything

I love that we’re actually getting into real direct hype season. No offense to team January but….actually no, I do mean offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom