• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
September 2018 to E3 2019 was something else. The three most recent ones have also been great.
SEPT 2018 direct would have been legendary had it not been for the delay due to earthquake. The leaks killed some surprise.

By far one of my top 3 directs due to what was shown. Civ6 and Cities Skylines.

The only thing I want from the next Direct is for absolutely everyone to agree with my opinions on it. If they don't, I'll have to tell them that they're toxic, entitled, or their expectations were too high. I will provide no proof of any of that, but saying it will make me feel better because how DARE someone else like different video games than me. The only issue is that I am very popular and have a lot of irl friends, and picking which insults to use takes up time that I do not have when my very real irl friends are always hitting up my phone asking me to do things with them because we are friends.

The only thing I want from the next Direct is for absolutely everyone to agree with my opinions on it. If they don't, I'll have to tell them that they're toxic, entitled, or their expectations were too high. I will provide no proof of any of that, but saying it will make me feel better because how DARE someone else like different video games than me. The only issue is that I am very popular and have a lot of irl friends, and picking which insults to use takes up time that I do not have when my very real irl friends are always hitting up my phone asking me to do things with them because we are friends.
toxic!

This is really great, thanks!

I'm curious about the amount of third party games showcased during the Directs, if you have it. Plz don't go out of your way tho if you don't lol

I can definitely try to do that in my next update. Those numbers will jump with montages lol.

One thing I hope with a direct is I can plan my buying schedule for a few months

Yea, these events go along way towards helping my plan my budget.

That was a Partner Showcase though so it made sense. I specifically said "general Direct", which only third party made opener for was Overwatch.
Rise opened the September 2020 Partner Showcase
Sunbreak opened the September 2021 General Direct

Yes, it really has been two years since the pandemic started
Is there a reason think this would come to anything other than PS5?
Its true that the game was announced before Switch launched, but they've had plenty of time to include it in the development pipeline. Atlus has embraced Switch quite closely over the past 2 years.

Wario Tycoon definitely needs to be a thing. It can be like a more structured Islanders, except instead of gradually building communities across expanding islands as you meet score criteria, you'd have a more complex game where Wario needs to manage a company well enough for it to make large profits while draining its funds for himself. You have to balance profits and funds drained versus suspicion. Once you hit a certain funds drained amount, you can move into a new business sector. You make decisions about which sector to invest in next to add replay value to the game.
Interesting idea.

Though I'd love a Wario Tycoon that focuses on his current venture: WarioWare Inc, the video game publisher. You'll develop games, delay them, release them, announce DLC, merch, sp edition consoles etc. And when you're rich enough you can start acquiring other publishers: "WarioWare acquires Goobisoft, PEEA, Whacktivision-Lizard, Give-Two for 100 billion Mario Coins!"

I expect to see "Nate The Hate teasing Feb Direct" posts from this exchange alone.

Alright, so here are my predictions in no particular order outside of being separated into first party and third party categories:

First Party
  • First look at an all-new Fire Emblem (2022 release date)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer
  • First look at upcoming DLC for Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp trailer (April 2022 release date)
  • Splatoon 3 trailer with Global Testfire for March (late May 2022 release date)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (2023 release date)
Third Party
  • Final Triangle Strategy trailer with new demo shadow-dropped
  • Octopath Traveler 2 reveal (2023 release date)
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster; two collections, digital only
  • Chrono Cross Remaster shadow-dropped
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim trailer with demo announced for March
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir announcement trailer (July release date)
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax trailer and surprise Persona 4 Golden announcement
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak trailer (June 2022 release date)
  • More arcade packs for Capcom Arcade Stadium (April 2022 release date)
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong trailer (late February 2022 release date)
  • Some western third party trailers that I don't care about
This would be my personal favorite Direct of all time

Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, Final Fantasy 1-6 Remaster, Chrono Cross Remaster, Persona 4 Golden, Hollow Knight.

It's like... perfectly designed for me. Did you do this on purpose??

Whelp, now that the Yacht Club Direct and the State of Play were complete nothings, it's up to Nintendo to save us!

I kid. Mina the Hollower looks great, but between it not coming out until late 2023 at the earliest and me not caring about GT7 there wasn't a whole lot to be excited about from either one.

While probably super unlikely for a Direct I feel like it's about time for another Tales remaster/port. A collection with Symphonia and Dawn of the New World seems like a no-brainer. Same with Graces f.

This would be my personal favorite Direct of all time

Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, Final Fantasy 1-6 Remaster, Chrono Cross Remaster, Persona 4 Golden, Hollow Knight.

It's like... perfectly designed for me. Did you do this on purpose??
Yeah I looked at that one and was like... that's way too focused on all my specific tastes to be real, much as I'd love it. Tons of JRPGs? Vanillaware? Hollow Knight? Even the phrase "some western third party trailers I don't care about" pretty much nails it :p.

Some good news, I have found the Nate\Dill Spowser hybrid in my files. I had forgotten I had it.

How does one pots pics from discord here?

So, no Feb 9th on your poll, right?

mr-bean-wink.gif

It would mostly be a means to counter info stealing and to see if anyone would ride on the coattails & claim the fake date is legit.
I feel like some of those twitter goons are keeping tabs at all times on places like this so they can rush to post the info on twitter.

You know I wasn't sure about the whole Direct Speculation + General Discussion split but seems it works. Somehow you lot keep this one near the top.
Yeah this one’s more focused than NGD. NGD talks about lots of different things outside of gaming so I feel weird posting “Xenoblade 3 this year?” or something lol.

It’s nice to have a good old fashioned direct speculation thread

Whelp, now that the Yacht Club Direct and the State of Play were complete nothings, it's up to Nintendo to save us!

I kid. Mina the Hollower looks great, but between it not coming out until late 2023 at the earliest and me not caring about GT7 there wasn't a whole lot to be excited about from either one.
People were legit expecting a new game to be announced at the Yacht Club direct? I think using that platform to announce a kickstarter makes sense because i doubt Nintendo would allow them to do kickstarter promo in an indie or regular direct.

If they have actual new games to announce that is coming to Switch and is fully funded, it would show up in a direct. Way more eyeballs that way

We don't even need Nate (Or any credible insider) to tease us info about a Feb direct. The chances are so incredibly high anyway.

Oh, for sure haha. It's likely a Wednesday/Thursday in the next 2-3 weeks. But namedropping 'insider' figures gives everything more gravitas no?

I don’t need dates from insiders. Everyone and their granny would know the direct is in February. Really all I need from insiders is where my hype level should be once they find out what’s in the direct.

Maybe it's because I'm playing Dark Souls 3 but more than themed dungeons I want to see more unique bosses in BotW2. Gimme some dragons to fight, you cowards.
I kind of figure some entities that would pass for mini-bosses or full-on bosses, but in locations one wouldn't expect, chilling about, living their lives, eating the local fauna, demanding tribute, maybe terrorizing a town or two.
I want them to basically put Shadow of the Colossus into the game by having giant, unique bosses around the very edges of the map. Some of them can be variations on classics (King Dodongo, Queen Gohma, Volvagia, Gleeok, Manhandla), others can be completely new.
I've long thought there could be bosses of this sort set up around the world, connected, perhaps, through a narrative nestled within the world but separate from the main story.
I think this topic has come up before but I really want them to also bring back classic regular enemies, the weirdo shit like Dairas and Achemans

TAoL_Daira_Artwork.png
TAoL_Acheman_Artwork.png
So ... on the subject of Gothic Zelda ...

People were legit expecting a new game to be announced at the Yacht Club direct? I think using that platform to announce a kickstarter makes sense because i doubt Nintendo would allow them to do kickstarter promo in an indie or regular direct.

If they have actual new games to announce that is coming to Switch and is fully funded, it would show up in a direct. Way more eyeballs that way
Well, Mina IS a new game, just being on kickstarter doesn't change that. And when they teased a "megaton" announcement a lot of people were hoping to finally see whatever big game they're doing post-Shovel Knight, and that's what we got! And like I said, it looks really good.

The reason it was pretty disappointing is it being on kickstarter, for all the reasons that's problematic, and also that release timing. Late 2023 seems VERY far away given how much of the game they showed and how far along it looked. Again, I'm excited for the game, but those factors really put a downer note on things.

You know I wasn't sure about the whole Direct Speculation + General Discussion split but seems it works. Somehow you lot keep this one near the top.
Somehow? This is my god damn life

5 hours until the financial drop
If it were like, two hours earlier I'd probably stay up, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'll just have to catch it in the morning. Mostly just excited to see numbers for Dread and see if there are any tidbits we can get from it

@NateDrake If I'm not mistaken I think you mentioned somewhere on a forum that you've heard of a 2D Zelda project. Is that by any chance 2023 reveal and release if BOTW2 makes 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom