• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should make a tier list that rank all the insiders

luffy-monkey-d-luffy.gif

There's usually several surprise 3rd party games sprinkled throughout the directs, all the leaks leading up to its announcement aside, Monster Hunter would have been a surprise reveal as well. Though there is no firm pattern for them to show up, granted September directs tend to be more third party focused.

Your guess is as good as mine, but there could be some surprises.
Yeah you're right, both Overwatch and Sunbreak we're featured in September Direct, which as you pointed out are usually way more third party focused. I Guess we'see soon. I'm pretty confident It Will be a Good One.

Last September MH Rise Sunbreak was the opener. I agree that Only a massive IP could take the spot, when It comes to third parties. My Chips are on Fire Emblem, anyway.
That was a Partner Showcase though so it made sense. I specifically said "general Direct", which only third party made opener for was Overwatch.

Also, isn't this month the next event for Persona 25th anniversary? Provided that the website wasn't a glitch/bug, I can see Person 4 Golden getting announced in the Direct.
If Persona 4 Golden is announced in an upcoming Direct I can already hear the moaning that it is not Persona 5 Royal, even though P4G is the better game.

Yeah I see Persona 4 G being announced in the direct. We heard it’s coming. Just makes sense to announce it now. Damn it might truly be a JRPG love fest in this direct lmao
Just like February 2019 which had Fire Emblem, DQ, Tokyo Factory new IP, Rune factory 4 and 5 and so much more. Nintendo's strength is Jrpgs and they know it. People will moan about them but they're literally system sellers to hardcore and niche audiences.

Buckle up, because we are getting insane amount of Jrpgs from both third and first party.

Fun times ahead.

If Persona 4 Golden is announced in an upcoming Direct I can already hear the moaning that it is not Persona 5 Royal, even though P4G is the better game.
I will be happy because we finally getting Persona mainline games on Switch. I also want P5 but I have accepted that we will never get it until maybe the next decade when it first releases on PC?

I suppose I should put my proverbial cards on the table re: the contents of a Direct

What I expect:
- New Fire Emblem
- Xenoblade 3
- Triangle Strategy
- Splatoon 3 Deep Dive
- Everybody's Stinky Horse
- Kirby
- At least one formerly Apple Arcade exclusive coming to Switch. Fantasia maybe?

What I actively think will not be there:
- anything related to Zelda

What I think might be there but might not:
- "_________ Cloud Version"
- New NSO perk (think Pac-man 99, etc) (this might be Game Boy games finally lol)
- Metroid Prime Remastered

What I want to be there but won't be:
- Yakuza port(s) now that Nagoshi and Sato have been NetEased

Imagine you can go to see Nintendo Platform Technology Division for one day, it certainly looks like Willy Wonka factory inside.

They're saving the "BOTW2 is delayed to 2023 so here's Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD to tie you over until then" announcement for E3
Nah they wouldn't announce BotW 2 is delayed at E3 (or equivalent), they'd make sure to do that outside of any direct.

"The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — Development Update"

I am not sure what I’ll have in terms of predictions. I am usually never good with those.

But if I get a new fire emblem, I would be happy and some cool third party ports

My dream case scenario is a 1, 2, 3 punch of Persona 3 remaster reveal, alongside enhanced port announcements for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal.
I think some "definitive" form of Persona 3 (with FES and Portable content all wrapped up together) would be wonderful, though if they don't want to do the work I'd accept Portable. I kinda weirdly preferred the menu-based navigation honestly...

A port of the excellent Persona 4 (I haven't played Golden so I can't speak to it) would be wonderful as well

they can keep p5 lmao

They're saving the "BOTW2 is delayed to 2023 so here's Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD to tie you over until then" announcement for E3
Nah they’re not waiting until E3 to announce it was delayed. They’ve never done it before. When it comes to Zelda they let you know before E3.

Bear with me here, but what if...
both
I honestly would expect that since I think a number of the PS1 remasters have tipped up first in Directs so far

My dream case scenario is a 1, 2, 3 punch of Persona 3 remaster reveal, alongside enhanced port announcements for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal.
This P1 and P2 erasure will not stand. Seriously, it’s time for Atlus NA to right their biggest blunder with the PSP.

The animeaic potential of the next Direct is actually in danger of taking us off the Weeb Scale and into unknown territory:
  • New Fire Emblem
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Triangle Strategy Demo
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster console release
  • Dragon Quest X or Dragon Quest 3
  • Fantasian console release

Truly weeberific.

what if a third party game is the opener? what kind of game it could be?
-Hollow Knight: Silksong, if it drops this month per the leak and is a (timed) console exclusive.
-Resident Evil Switch reveal should be a Direct opener, whenever it happens. I still think it's a game that exists and that it's happening this year. Believe!
-This is entering fanfic territory but a big budget Ace Attorney 7 could use the spotlight. Based on the trilogy's sales across platforms, a Nintendo exclusivity deal is a no-brainer and I'm counting on modern CAPCOM to show ambition (enough to open a Direct).
-Project Re:Fantasy is supposedly the new pillar of Atlus. Provided Nintendo gets some sort of marketing deal, this game is getting top billing. Is it getting revealed next week though? Unlikely.

I keep bringing up exclusivity deals because Nintendo is not giving up the prime slots for anything less lbr.

If we're talking ports, Mass Effect LE is my only likely candidate but I also see that popping up in the middle of the June Direct like The Witcher 3. Other opener-material I can think of (FFXIV, FFVIIR, GTAV, RDR2, The Sims 4, Persona 5R, COD) is not in the realm of reality.

Even though I need BotW2, what you said seems the best option to me. This year seems to be fully packaged, so it would makes sense to delay Zelda until let's say march 2023, and meanwhile get ww+tp. I don't see another launch window for the remaster that isn't years away if not this way.

Even though I need BotW2, what you said seems the best option to me. This year seems to be fully packaged, so it would makes sense to delay Zelda until let's say march 2023, and meanwhile get ww+tp. I don't see another launch window for the remaster that isn't years away if not this way.
I dont think we're gonna get WW or TP on switch; they typically do one big zelda release per year. I fully expect to get BOTW2 this fall, then BOTW2 DLC next year. So 2024...i think thats gonna be in the Switch 2 launch window, which i think we'll get the new 2d Zelda (to go along with the new 3d mario and pokemon gen 9 as the big launch year games) for the launch window. Then next system, we get full priced WW 4k/hdr version, not packaged with TP.

The animeaic potential of the next Direct is actually in danger of taking us off the Weeb Scale and into unknown territory:
  • New Fire Emblem
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Triangle Strategy Demo
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster console release
  • Dragon Quest X or Dragon Quest 3
  • Fantasian console release

Truly weeberific.
This would be THE BEST Direct ever.

I want a Fire Emblem with western (especially European) art. We have more than enough anime SRPG's around, Fire Emblem should follow Advance Wars's lead, even for just one game.
I think they'll double down on the "anime" aesthetic hence a reason why I put the hypothetical title as "Fire Emblem Four Heavenly Kings" or Fire Emblem Shitennou in my Direct predictions.

Weebtendo Nintendo Direct, February 2022:

• Fire Emblem, June 24th, 2022. Same world as Fodlan, but a different country or continent. Some characters from that game will appear, just as Palla, Catria and Est pop up in Valentia during Fire Emblem 2.
  • Rapid fire announcements which include Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Persona 4 Golden, and Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
  • Kirby trailer confirms the game is adorable and stuffed.
  • Hollow Knight: available shortly after this presentation ends.
  • Buddy Mission BOND... will launch on Nintendo eShop on May 6th.
  • Everybody Switch! available April 22nd.
  • Resident Evil Revelations 3, or whatever it is. September 9th 2022.
  • Ice Climber 99 coming to NSO - available shortly after this presentation ends.
  • new licensed game published by Nintendo: Barbie and Ken's Worklife Balance Management Simulator, co-developed by Arzest and Eighting. May 27th.
  • Triangle Strategy Demo, available shortly after this presentation ends, progress carries over into the full game.
  • Advance Wars trailer confirms the return of War Room and an April 8th release date. Free epilogue containing brand new missions coming this summer.
  • Splatoon 3 trailer confirms new mode: Splat Royale. Splat Tests to commence later this month. Launches July 15th.
  • Sizzle reel confirming MORE GAMES OMG

THE HEDGING BETS SECTION:
  • Major 2023 game confirmed: either Donkey Kong World (4 player Kong-operative multiplayer!), Super Mario Odyssey 2, or Mario Kart 10.
  • Major 2022 game confirmed for September 30th: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or Breath of the Wild 2. You heard me, you cowards.

I hope we finally get a clear picture of next FE. Although I'd like it to happen I'm not convinced we'll get 2 games in consecutive years, feels like too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom