• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had felt a Kirby trailer was close, but still was pleasantly surprised to see it so early this morning! It looks awesome too! January is out, but I still have confidence in my early, first two weeks of February prediction back window (February 1-10). There’s too little dated for April and May and I still think they might squeeze in an eshop game in February. March just feels too late with how big a year is seemingly ahead.

I'll admit that the lack of Pokemon Presents threw my confidence a little, but then the Legends overview dropped and I went back to my default timeline expectations.

I expect TPC and Game Freak may not have any other Pokemon related announcements to make right now. I'd assume Legends would get a paid expansion, but Nintendo usually confirm that ahead of release. Perhaps we'll have to wait until a little later in the year to hear more on the Pokemon front. It might finally be time for Detective Pikachu on Switch.

For now, it's time to wait for mid-February to come around.

LET’S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOO

This game looks incredible, March 25th CANNOT. COME. SOON. ENOUGH. And of course, I am so ready to see what else Hal has planned for the 30th anniversary:)

I have to say that this Kirby trailer really interested me. But I wouldn't expect a new direct incoming too.
There will be one in February. They've got their financial reports/investor meetings at the end of the month and they can't go into that without at least one game dated on the horizon.

Don't be so disheartened Team January. I am sure that Kirby got a trailer and release date today because the January Direct is so packed that Nintendo couldn't find room to put Kirby in it.

Awww yeah, #TeamFebruary vindicated after all!! I wonder if this means Nintendo will, seemingly for the first time ever, only have one dated game at their financials?

What did I tell you team January? January general Directs are dead. Now just chill and wait for February 17, hear?

Awww yeah, #TeamFebruary vindicated after all!! I wonder if this means Nintendo will, seemingly for the first time ever, only have one dated game at their financials?
I don't think it'll be that much of an issue, because they'll have Triangle Strategy with a firm date internationally, plus firm dates for the remainder of the relevant fiscal year, which ends on March 31st.

Presumably everything else Nintendo have in the 2022 column will land in the next fiscal year, which will only be discussed and forecasted in early May, which is plenty of time for Nintendo's release schedule to be updated.

It's sweet of ya'll to worry about #TeamJanuary, but why would we be bothered by a known quantity like Kirby not making the Direct?

That just leaves more room for even bigger surprises!😜

Splatoon 3 will be a June or July game. It's definitely the kind of game that will be timed to kids being out of school on vacation so July feels a little stronger.

why delay it when the rest of the year is supposed to be slammed, too?

I'm betting late april, maybe may
I'm wondering if Advance Wars took its spot. Four Nintendo-published games in under two months before the holidays seems insane.

And so Kirby got a release date in advance of the financials, as the prophecy foretold.

February 9/10th still seems like a good bet, but for whatever reason my gut is telling me it’ll be the week after that on the 17th, similar to last year.

Now that Directs no longer have Smash reveals maybe I'll just sleep in from now on and catch the highlights later

Nintendo loves having Directs at 6 in the damn morning PST

Here’s a thought. Even though there were a couple of instances last year, both Triangle Strategy and Kirby releasing the same month does show Nintendo is willing to release multiple games a month. They did it last year with Metroid and Mario Party. I think that should be taken into consideration when trying to guess the release

And so Kirby got a release date in advance of the financials, as the prophecy foretold.

February 9/10th still seems like a good bet, but for whatever reason my gut is telling me it’ll be the week after that on the 17th, similar to last year.
Yeah as fun as it is to stand firm on Feb9/10 I also think Feb 17 is most likely.

Now that Directs no longer have Smash reveals maybe I'll just sleep in from now on and catch the highlights later

Nintendo loves having Directs at 6 in the damn morning PST
They do? Other than E3 (or maybe minis?) I thought Directs were always at like 3/4PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom