• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a friend about what this year could look like, and he posited that Kirby isn't necessarily soon. ESRB timing means next to nothing, and Nintendo likely sees Pokémon as the big first quarter game. Bearing in mind this idea of a later Kirby, as well as some of the rumored games, how does this look as a calendar 2022?

Q1
Jan: Pokémon Legends Arceus
Feb:
Mar: Triangle Strategy (US ONLY)

Q2:
Apr: Advance Wars (US ONLY), Casual Game or Kirby
May: Kirby or Casual Game
Jun: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Q3
Jul: Splatoon 3
Aug: Bayonetta 3
Sep: Fire Emblem?, 2D Mario?

Q4
Oct: Zelda?, 2D Mario?
Nov: Metroid Prime Remastered, Zelda?
Dec: ???

I was talking to a friend about what this year could look like, and he posited that Kirby isn't necessarily soon. ESRB timing means next to nothing, and Nintendo likely sees Pokémon as the big first quarter game. Bearing in mind this idea of a later Kirby, as well as some of the rumored games, how does this look as a calendar 2022?

Q1
Jan: Pokémon Legends Arceus
Feb:
Mar: Triangle Strategy (US ONLY)

Q2:
Apr: Advance Wars (US ONLY), Casual Game or Kirby
May: Kirby or Casual Game
Jun: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Q3
Jul: Splatoon 3
Aug: Bayonetta 3
Sep: Fire Emblem?, 2D Mario?

Q4
Oct: Zelda?, 2D Mario?
Nov: Metroid Prime Remastered, Zelda?
Dec: ???
Looks pretty solid, although I'd move 2D Mario to December as I think Nintendo would want it to coincide with the movie.

Guys, I’ve got a good feeling that something will happen within the next four minutes

New spirit in Smash Bros!

Ha! Called it! (Although I honestly thought the least hype thing they could do would be announcing the release date for Banjo)

Tuesdays at 8/9PM (depending on daylight savings) are the norm for Smash event updates, they just haven’t done one in a few months

I still vividly remember staying up all night to watch the Switch Presentation and this trailer. Still one of the most magical moments in Nintendo history IMO.
I started crying when the music swelled and Daruk shouted "Here it comes!"
and I'm not ashamed to admit it

So I re-shelled my launch Joy-cons again tonight and while changing the color in Joy-con toolkit, I totally forgot that the home buttons are actually able to glow blue. That's so cool and it's so weird that Ninty never did anything with it on the Switch itself.

Edit: totally just realized I posted this in the Direct thread and not general, my bad.

Uhh, team February? Haha

Last edited:
I personali think Prime is September i mean a remastered of Metroid Prime does not seem a holiday game (november dicember)

If BOTW 2 is not this year I could actually see a supposed Xenoblade 3 take the November slot instead of the prime remake. This is of course if there is no new 2D Mario/Donkey Kong game

Bayo will probably be October, I think Bayo 2 was the same

Gaming media seems really thirsty, I see every website picking up on the prediction Serkan made for Mario Kart 9 in my daily news feed but they're selling it as 100% confirmation.

It feels like it’s been so quiet in terms of big Nintendo news recently, not even had any juicy rumours on a Switch Pro or any insider hints for upcoming games…….are Nintendo dead in the water O_O

It feels like it’s been so quiet in terms of big Nintendo news recently, not even had any juicy rumours on a Switch Pro or any insider hints for upcoming games…….are Nintendo dead in the water O_O
Are you talking about first party games? Because Nintendo currently is the best one on that subject. Switch already has a killer first party lineup this year and plenty of rumored releases including Metroid Prime and LoZ Remasters. It's the Playstation and Xbox that are barren wastelands. PS5 has two confirmed first party releases this year and nothing rumored and Xbox's only big release this year is Starfield. Any rumors regarding those platforms are about further future, not 2022.

I mean, there's a major Nintendo title out 2 weeks on Friday, and there'll likely be a Direct any time between now and mid-February which gives us more context for the year. We've just had Mario Kart 9 trending on social media and reported across the games media because an analyst included a Mario Kart 9 tease/reveal as one of his predictions for 2022.

Even without that, most mainstream gaming articles I've seen on Nintendo's 2022 have high expectations, and that's based off the currently announced software alone (Zelda, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Legends, Splatoon 3, Advance Wars, Kirby, Triangle Strategy, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope). It's likely going to be a good, big year, and it's one I'm looking forward too - but it's also going to be an annoying year because we'll have a bunch of "Nintendo only have a good software lineup once every 5 years" type takes, which you already see hints of in some of these positive 2022 articles.

I mean, there's a major Nintendo title out 2 weeks on Friday, and there'll likely be a Direct any time between now and mid-February which gives us more context for the year. We've just had Mario Kart 9 trending on social media and reported across the games media because an analyst included a Mario Kart 9 tease/reveal as one of his predictions for 2022.

Even without that, most mainstream gaming articles I've seen on Nintendo's 2022 have high expectations, and that's based off the currently announced software alone (Zelda, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Legends, Splatoon 3, Advance Wars, Kirby, Triangle Strategy, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope). It's likely going to be a good, big year, and it's one I'm looking forward too - but it's also going to be an annoying year because we'll have a bunch of "Nintendo only have a good software lineup once every 5 years" type takes, which you already see hints of in some of these positive 2022 articles.
I think tbf that 2022 and 2023 will be maybe the biggest 24 month span of Nintendo history, so let's wait and see.

Did we ever get a release date for Sparks of Hope or a confirmation on the AW reboot date? Because Triangle Strategy at March 4th is the latest confirmed date on a first-party/major exclusive I have in my notes (yes, I do have notes, sue me) and that's only 7 weeks out.

Did we ever get a release date for Sparks of Hope or a confirmation on the AW reboot date? Because Triangle Strategy at March 4th is the latest confirmed date on a first-party/major exclusive I have in my notes (yes, I do have notes, sue me) and that's only 7 weeks out.
Neither one got a confirmed release date.

while i hope for januaryton I think they just dont need any directs at the moment. they had a successful year and switch is solidifying itself as market leader. They have more than enough games that are just trucking along and pokemon arceus is on the horizon….

crying-tobey-maguire.gif

So since we are apparently back to announcing release dates for major releases on Twitter, is it too tale to make a new Team? Team "Directs Are Dead - Again"? Anyone?

I am only half-joking, but please don't change my team regardless.

And lo, Team February had spake of the wisdom and foresaw the emergence of a Kirby trailer. Yet the unbelievers persisted in their heresy, and claimed that their faith would be rewarded in the first lunar cycle of the two thousand and twenty second solar cycle.

It was not to be.

The early death of TeamJanuary means no resetting the clock for the remainder of the month, which is just an added bonus.

looking forward to the overview trailer for kirby in the feb direct
||as well the announcement of HAL also developing picross 3D round 3||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom