• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Fire Emblem games in two years is a bit much but @NateDrake certainly has the record to back that up. Will be interesting to see if Three Houses team sticks close to Fodlan or does something completely different. Hyped for Genealogy remake, would be a good Dane launch title.

...what? I thought it was supposed to come out last year
He says he can still see it announced this year and release holiday, but talks about the possibility of it being delayed because of optimization issues

It’s around 29:00 in the video

Two Fire Emblem games in two years is a bit much but @NateDrake certainly has the record to back that up. Will be interesting to see if Three Houses team sticks close to Fodlan or does something completely different. Hyped for Genealogy remake, would be a good Dane launch title.

Dig people forget that time they released two Fire Emblems on the same day?

Kinda thought we’d get a Banjo date this week

Playing the game on N64 for the first time and am just dying to have more discussions about it so I’m kinda anticipating the NSO release for that reason. It’s an absolute joy.

Hot take: I originally was sad I wasn’t playing the 360 version because of the note saving but after doing the 100 notes for each world so far I actually appreciate the challenge, it’s nothing too crazy it just seems daunting and the saving just completely would trivialize the intended design. It’s a cool little “high score” mechanic and satisfying when you beat it.

Choosing #TeamJanuary is like being a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs. You open yourself to ridicule, they haven't won in forever and even you doubt their capabilities at times.

But dammit all if/when they win the cup, it's gonna be a god damn PARTY that shuts down the whole city

...I mean, #TeamJanuaryStaysWinning

Great Podcast as Always. Let's sum things up:

2022 Will see the release of:

• Legends Arceus
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
-a casual game that Will Surprise everybody (not in a Good way)
-Splatoon 3 in the First half of the year, probably June
-A Brand New Fire Emblem in summer
-Bayonetta 3
-Metroid Prime Remaster
-Xenoblade 3 barring any Major optimization problem. It May Be delayed but probably Will make the cut.

Rumored title that May or May not be released:
  • Pokémon Let's Go 2
  • A Mario Game

Probable 2023 games

-Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War
-Mario Rabbids 2

-a new DK Is in development, hard top Say more on the topic and It May Be a 2023 release.

-Botw 2 May or May not be a 2022 title, It comes down to how stacked the line up Is in Nintendo evaluation

Overall a pretty food Outlook of you Ask me.

Honestly, this is a pretty bad summary with a lot of misinformation in it. Your rumored titles were not rumors. They were speculation. Same goes for BOTW2 coming in 2023. Same with DK. Speculation is not the same thing as a rumor. People need to do a better job at making that distinction.

Honestly, this is a pretty bad summary with a lot of misinformation in it. Your rumored titles were not rumors. They were speculation. Same goes for BOTW2 coming in 2023. Same with DK. Speculation is not the same thing as a rumor. People need to do a better job at making that distinction.
Didn't mean ti spread misinformation and i don't think I'll delete the post anyway ti avviso any problem.

Didn't mean ti spread misinformation and i don't think I'll delete the post anyway ti avviso any problem.

I think people just need to make it clear what is actually said. A lot of the podcast is just speculation and predictions. You can see how someone reads your summary and reports "Nate Drake says Breaths of the Wild 2 will release in 2023. New Mario and Pokemon Let's Go this year". The people on the podcast never actually said those things. They only made their predictions on what games may be announced and when they will be released. If you report it as a rumor and then some of those games don't get released, people could accuse Nate of getting things wrong even though those portions of the podcast were never news to begin with.

I think people just need to make it clear what is actually said. A lot of the podcast is just speculation and predictions. You can see how someone reads your summary and reports "Nate Drake says Breaths of the Wild 2 will release in 2023. New Mario and Pokemon Let's Go this year". The people on the podcast never actually said those things. They only made their predictions on what games may be announced and when they will be released. If you report it as a rumor and then some of those games don't get released, people could accuse Nate of getting things wrong even though those portions of the podcast were never news to begin with.
I literally never said "Nate says breath of the wild 2 Will release in 2023" and I can't possibly see how what I wrote could be see as I said something like this. i Just Said that the game could or could not be released in 2022 and It may depends on how strong Nintendo sees late 2022 schedule, which Is exactly what Nate and MVG said. No need to nitpick my post putting in it something i never wrote neither I intended to imply. Is my last post on the issues anyway and I Will never comments a Nate podcast on the board, Just to avoid any kind of problem

Me @ Team Jan

girl-sure-jan.gif

January 2022 has been extened to 365 days. January every day, all year long!

616ud4.jpg

For that game specifically, Nate mentions that he heard from some people that it probably won't make this year.
Ubi is bleeding talent right now so that would make some sense. Same reason I wouldn’t expect much out of Blizzard this year (on top of the usual Blizzard takes their sweet time).

Ubi is bleeding talent right now so that would make some sense. Same reason I wouldn’t expect much out of Blizzard this year (on top of the usual Blizzard takes their sweet time).
Fuck ubi if they took resources from this project to patch holes on their tent poles

The things I missed most in the September Direct were Fire Emblem and XC3. If we get BOTH of those in the February Direct that’ll be fantastic, and this year in general is looking great even without some of the rumors.

The things I missed most in the September Direct were Fire Emblem and XC3. If we get BOTH of those in the January Direct that’ll be fantastic, and this year in general is looking great even without some of the rumors.
Fixed that for you friend. :)

after reading all nate rumours here is my update schedule for 2022 Nintendo releases:

january: pokemon legens arceus
february: surprise nso game
march: kirby atfl, triangle strategy (west only)
april: advance wars 1+2 (west only)
may: casual game
june: splatoon 3
july: new fire emblem
august: nothing
september: bayonetta 3
october: style saavy 5, zelda botw 2
november: metroid prime remaster
december: mario 2d, dragon quest 3 2D-HD remake (west only)

mario + rabbids 2 is a late march 2023 title

xeno 3 will be delayed to late 2023 to be a cross-gen or upgraded title with next Switch HW.

after reading all nate rumours here is my update schedule for 2022 Nintendo releases:

january: pokemon legens arceus
february: surprise nso game
march: kirby atfl, triangle strategy (west only)
april: advance wars 1+2 (west only)
may: casual game
june: splatoon 3
july: new fire emblem
august: nothing
september: bayonetta 3
october: style saavy 5, zelda botw 2
november: metroid prime remaster
december: mario 2d, dragon quest 3 2D-HD remake (west only)

mario + rabbids 2 is a late march 2023 title

xeno 3 will be delayed to late 2023 to be a cross-gen or upgraded title with next Switch HW.
ten points for remembering style savvy exists, that's tough

Not reading too much into rumors/leaks/scuttlebutt my guesses for the year are currently:

January - Arceus
February - eshop game (Goldeneye??)
March - Triangle Strategy, Kirby FLorida
April - Advance Wars
May - Casual Game
June - Splatoon 3
July - Mario and Rabbids 2
August - Metroid Prime Remake
September - Fire Emblem??
October - Bayonetta 3, Pokemon DLC/Remake/Game/idunno
November - Breath of the Wild 2, 3D Mario game
December - Xenoblade 3

Also five to nine other games of varying size I can’t predict. Aside from rumored Fire Emblem and BOTW2 I think everything above will hit this year even if the months shuffle around bit.

To be clear, I’m still on #TeamIWantToBelieve for BOTW 2, but there’s a real chance it slips. Back in 2013 Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds released in the same month and I do think it’s plausible it happens again given how many games are likely hitting all at once. I really don’t see Mario and Xenoblade budging from this year (both could land anywhere from August-December imo). Hardest to place was definitely both the rumored Metroid Prime remake and rumored Fire Emblem. I think Mario and Rabbids will hit before Fire Emblem, but allegedly Rabbids is having development trouble so who knows.

It’s wild there are allegedly four turn based strategy games this year coming from Nintendo between Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, Mario and Rabbids, and Fire Emblem. Would be crazy if Pikmin 4 emerges for a fifth strategy game lol.

Last edited:
here's my hopes/predictions given the new info we've gotten

January - Pokemon Legends Arceus
February - New BoxBoy shadowdropped in a direct
March - Triangle Strategy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land
April - Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp
May - Ring Fit 2
June - Splatoon 3
July - Metroid Prime HD, Mario + Rabbids 2
August - Xenoblade 3
September - New Fire Emblem
October - Bayonetta 3, Legends Arceus DLC
November - BotW2
December - Something big that's Mario. 2D, 3D or Kart. I'm gonna say a new 2D game.

All of the announced and rumored titles seem to be aiming for the second half of 2022 or later, except for Splatoon 3.
It will be interesting to see what the lineup looks like between April and June. Of course, it could be just a casual game and Splatoon 3, but I am hoping for a better lineup.
(Yes, Advance Wars will not be released in Japan, and I am not interested in it.)

Style Savvy's a good shout. Syn Sophia were hiring for a game that was suspiciously Savvy-like in 2020 (I think), and it's been a few years since the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom