• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

How about you don't police his hype
We just proved that the same Devkits shipment pattern happened in 2016 lol.

This is the end game

We just had the first (legally obtained) tangible proof of the T239 100% being the SoC for the successor due to import/data shipment proving that T239 Devkits were being shipped by Nvidia from India throughout 2023.

And that the same shipping pattern happened identically in 2016 with the T210 devkits

Mass production is about to start

so one time is a pattern now?

Yeah fair enough lol I didn't want to put 10 screenshots

wrQc2l0.png
Holy hell…. Everything just got real

Is it normal to start mass production of parts many months ahead of assembly?
Well this is mass procurement, and in general the answer is yes. Procuring all the parts you need months in advance isn't a terrible idea, and something Nintendo does quite often, in order to make manufacturing easier. That is to say they're not observing just in time production for this, which is a good thing.

Is it normal to start mass production of parts many months ahead of assembly?
I think that would be normal expectation.

Parts for the final assembly has to be manufactured at some point. Those components are not all made at the same site. Like LCD screens for example.

Ah cool, gotcha. Good find!

Do we know who makes the speakers for the current models?
Well, whether it's good news or not, the answer is the same people, Goertek. However, seeing MILLIONS of units suddenly appear on manifests indicates a rapid ramp up of production, which isn't likely to be OLED Model.

I'm trying to piece something together. With these devkit shipping manifests seemingly confirming dev kits being moved aorund, how are we drawing a conclusion the chip is on 8N?
Nobody did.

Only Connor mentioned 8N, and nothing on the website (where Connor's screenshot came from) or anything indicated 8N.

Well, whether it's good news or not, the answer is the same people, Goertech. However, seeing MILLIONS of units suddenly appear on manifests indicates a rapid ramp up of production, which isn't likely to be OLED Model.
I mean... Considering the time of year (looks to be end of July) that's exactly when you'd expect millions of units to suddenly appear on manifests for holiday season production.

Without having any comparisons to previous years I doubt we can really read much into this.

Well, whether it's good news or not, the answer is the same people, Goertech. However, seeing MILLIONS of units suddenly appear on manifests indicates a rapid ramp up of production, which isn't likely to be OLED Model.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on the subject, but I'd be surprised if they were shipping millions of speakers in just the span of four weeks to mass produce models for a console that is set to be replaced in the next 18 months from that point.

I mean... Considering the time of year (looks to be end of July) that's exactly when you'd expect millions of units to suddenly appear on manifests for holiday season production.

Without having any comparisons to previous years I doubt we can really read much into this.
I would need to see shipping info for earlier years to be sure, but it would appear that these are a different part number to the OLED Model speaker.

Suddenly someone is no longer on my ignore list….

With that said, I think we should do our due diligence and cross out anything else that this could be for, such as the current switch.

Or any other Nintendo product. Let’s do that and help with the research as best we can.

I would need to see shipping info for earlier years to be sure, but it would appear that these are a different part number to the OLED Model speaker.
Yeah if it's a different part number from the OLED (or V2 or Lite) then that's another point in its favor.

Have we ruled out that those shipments for the speaker parts are for the current Switch (OLED, Lite, vanilla, etc)?

That's my only thought at the moment. Great sleuthing either way, this kind of methodology can lead us to other finds.

I'm not done yet, this is the nail in the coffin! Imma go off then say H1 to the ninjas (my inbox is open):

Goertek, a heavy hitter in high-end hardware like AR, VR (behind PSVR2, supplying parts to Apple Vision Pro, etc) just shipped millions of "speakers for mobile phones" to Nintendo this past summer. The intriguing part? These are being sent to China and cost only $0.25 each. This low cost is a clear sign of mass production.

ZCTCGcj.png

Even more fascinating is that given Goertek's expertise, these speakers could possibly have voice recognition features, similar to Siri.

Oh, and their speakers are waterproof! Imagine a NG that you can safely bring into the bath. Gaming while relaxing in a tub could soon be a reality

This points to a mass-production, with some potentially cool new audio features, and possibly even waterproof capabilities.
Looks like an exciting year ahead for Nintendo!

HSLUJa7.png

vDxOdo4.png
Ok this is interesting. Though a waterproof Switch is a crazy assumption lol Microsoft is touting sustainability in their console refresh, Nintendo goes straight to climate change proofing theirs /s

I'm not done yet, this is the nail in the coffin! Imma go off then say H1 to the ninjas (my inbox is open):

Goertek, a heavy hitter in high-end hardware like AR, VR (behind PSVR2, supplying parts to Apple Vision Pro, etc) just shipped millions of "speakers for mobile phones" to Nintendo this past summer. The intriguing part? These are being sent to China and cost only $0.25 each. This low cost is a clear sign of mass production.

ZCTCGcj.png

Even more fascinating is that given Goertek's expertise, these speakers could possibly have voice recognition features, similar to Siri.

Oh, and their speakers are waterproof! Imagine a NG that you can safely bring into the bath. Gaming while relaxing in a tub could soon be a reality

This points to a mass-production, with some potentially cool new audio features, and possibly even waterproof capabilities.

HSLUJa7.png

vDxOdo4.png

Incredible work, really congrats

I'm trying to piece something together. With these devkit shipping manifests seemingly confirming dev kits being moved aorund, how are we drawing a conclusion the chip is on 8N?
We don't
None of the docs have any indication of the actual node being 8N
Hope you don't mind me asking, does everything here line up with what you know or heard about (insider knowledge)?
The Eelectronic Arts part (on having devkits for the next system as they're a key partner for Nintendo)

Yeah if it's a different part number from the OLED (or V2 or Lite) then that's another point in its favor.
I can say with certainty it's a different speaker from V2 or Lite, while the speaker on the manifest above appears to be used in modern high end phones.

OLED Model uses speaker model GTKA11A13A1, for reference.

But even that's not a solution since we would talk about marketing, speculation on announcements, online, etc
Personally I love that conversation and I think it's fine to be in this thread. The problem was going into debate about a specific piece of software for pages... If a specific something software related spirals out of control with debate. i mean you guys know it's okay to disagree. Sometimes, just let someone be wrong.

ZCTCGcj.png

HSLUJa7.png

vDxOdo4.png
Pablo, I for one have always enjoyed your optimism and enthusiasm in this thread, and have been honestly been taken aback by the hate you have received because of it. What up on these finds tho! Is there any other components that are on that site being shipped out?

On one point you mentioned, I don't believe the speaker would have voice recognition built in, as that's a software thing. But "Speaker & Receiver" leads me to believe this is both a speaker and a mic? Can you link to this site? Fascinating if it can use the same part to do both or I wonder if it's a module that just contains both.

Agree that this needs scrutiny before we go overboard but is there any other product than the consoles that uses speakers? Genuine question.
Pokémon Go Plus+, which also launched in summer. However, that uses a completely different speaker to the one in these manifests, appearing to use the one from Lite.

Well, whether it's good news or not, the answer is the same people, Goertek. However, seeing MILLIONS of units suddenly appear on manifests indicates a rapid ramp up of production, which isn't likely to be OLED Model.

I heard it was Alps Electric too

I get that, but it goes from like 500 to 120k

That’s weird
Yeah, at first glance. But I think it's just the human factor part. Everything has to go through customs right? Humans reviewing mountains of stuff. Shipments coming in on actual ships arriving at ports, etc.

Pokémon Go Plus+, which also launched in summer. However, that uses a completely different speaker to the one in these manifests, appearing to use the one from Lite.
Do you have a source that supports that? Just want to dot the i and cross the t

Agree that this needs scrutiny before we go overboard but is there any other product than the consoles that uses speakers? Genuine question.

Nintendo wanting some of that exclusive high-end headset money? (ie. Pulse) Hm, it's a possibility. Whether this type of speaker is usable for that - or these quantities being necessary for that type of accessory launch - are unknown.

It's kind of hilarious and poetic karma that a bad leaker (Connor) led us to some fun discovers in the last 30 hours.

Thanks, bad leaker!

Edit: @P4bl0 remind me, when did the Hovi (Switch 1) devkits show up in shipment history? I don't have paid access like you do so I cannot see dates on one site - and the other site I've been using has dates but it cuts off (doesn't go back to 2016)

So, should i light up the rally fire for Team ASAP + H1 2024?

If anything, i hope some outlets read the stuff from the last few pages here and will feel motivated to do their own reporting.
Feels like what's really just missing now is corroboration from someone like Eurogamer or VGC and so on.

E: About this being for other Nintendo products.

The only thing i could see Nintendo using parts from a AR/VR expert, would be for some stuff related to Super Nintendo World.

But i don't think they would need this amount of parts for that?

Do I qualify at almost 32? My first Nintendo console was a GBC which is basically a NES, right?

Nope, sorry. I don't make the rules.

If it helps, i wasn't invited to the tall people club with my 181cm despite actually having the same problems that even taller people have.

P4bl0 simply woke up an entire thread with research

Now we just gotta make Eurogamer and other wake up too! ;D

Please read this staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom