• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

The 8 discs of base XC3 soundtrack total 128 tracks, so there'll be at least 12-13 more on disc 9 for the DLC to meet their promise of "more than 140 tracks." Meanwhile, the average number of tracks per disc is 15 or 16--so, at least slightly more music than Torna is guaranteed.
The number is just confusing to me. IIRC the number of titles uploaded to JASRAC last year was in the upper 140s - like, 147 or 148 - and I thought all of them were matched to base XB3 songs. But the track list is certainly structured in a way that implies disc 20 is only volume 4 (unlike DE, whose disc 5 is comprised of 9 main game tracks and 8 Future Connected tracks).

Average disc track count means nothing. Torna is still 11, after all.

Maybe if I find the time I'll cross-reference the JASRAC list with the official tracklist.

If you watch superboss and challenge stuff, you'll see next to no switching at all. Which suggests, to me at least, the game doesn't incentivise switching enough, or it's not worth doing, or it's a bit clunky, or it's all of the above or something else.
Switching is just... there, but imo that's how it's supposed to be? It's not a mechanic, it's just freedom in who you're controlling. If you prefer controlling one character, then yeah, there's no reason to. It's not like blade or vanguard switches where it's actually designed to accomplish something, it's just trading controllers with the AI.

The thing with character switching is,
Even if it was impossible somehow to have a freeze and slow pan (or whatever) between characters,
They could have easily made it much less confusing by indicating what character you're currently controlling on the character list on the left of the HUD. This is such a trivial thing that I thought we might get it in the patches, but... nope.

I'm also only now seeing that we have official English names for the tracks that never got one in Future Connected; specifically Fogbeasts and Roar from Beyond. Neat!

I had given up on getting a DE OST, so it's nice to have all of this now even amidst the volume 4 speculation lol.

The number is just confusing to me. IIRC the number of titles uploaded to JASRAC last year was in the upper 140s - like, 147 or 148 - and I thought all of them were matched to base XB3 songs.
A lot of tracks in JASRAC and not revealed on the soundtrack are jingles (new area found, quest complete, etc.), it's possible those are just being left out of the release.

Overall I'm not worried about the DLC only being one disc of extra music meaning the DLC will be short. Torna only had ~45 minutes of new music.

Switching is just... there, but imo that's how it's supposed to be? It's not a mechanic, it's just freedom in who you're controlling. If you prefer controlling one character, then yeah, there's no reason to. It's not like blade or vanguard switches where it's actually designed to accomplish something, it's just trading controllers with the AI.
You could be right, but what a waste if that is the case. It could have taken combat to the next level but it feels like an afterthought.

The thing with character switching is,
Even if it was impossible somehow to have a freeze and slow pan (or whatever) between characters,
They could have easily made it much less confusing by indicating what character you're currently controlling on the character list on the left of the HUD. This is such a trivial thing that I thought we might get it in the patches, but... nope.
I think character switching would have worked better in XC and XC2, than it does in XC3.

There‘s less visual clutter on screen in both games and with just three playable characters you’d always be one button press away from whoever you wanted.

While being able to switch party members mid-combat could have opened up some cool vision related stuff in XC and blade combo stuff in XC2.

It just exists in XC3. That said, I enjoy the combat of XC3 so I’m not ragging on it, more saying that I hope the DLC can make something like switching meaningful.

I personally hope that they reduce your options a bit, make each character feel a little bit more unique and incentivise you to switch around more often.

If they could find a way to speed up chain attacks, that would also be welcome.

They introduced switching in Torna, implemented red health and switch out combos to incentivise it, made characters more unique with individual talent arts and relaxed the blade combo system a bit to create something faster and more immediately involving. I hope they do similar things here.

Overall I'm not worried about the DLC only being one disc of extra music meaning the DLC will be short. Torna only had ~45 minutes of new music.
I'd like to make it clear that I was just hoping for more than one disc of new music in and of itself lol. I'm not worried about the game length, was just hopeful we'd have over an hour of music we haven't heard yet.

You could be right, but what a waste if that is the case. It could have taken combat to the next level but it feels like an afterthought.
Agree to disagree on this one, especially with how many classes you're encouraged to cycle through. I appreciate that there's no advantage to switching to a character/class with a play style I don't actually enjoy using. I ended up switching around a ton anyway, I didn't personally feel like they should've incentived it.

I view 2/Torna's switching way differently; the characters and their abilities are actually getting switched in/out of the battle entirely. The AI switched too. Honestly, they don't feel like related concepts to me. Part of that is that I don't view the AI as something I'm supposed to be a lot better than, but something I'm supposed to at least keep up with.

(I also feel Vanguard switching was more of an evolution of the existing Blade switching; I don't feel Torna added switching so much as it expanded on what was already there in 2.)

I never switched characters at all… I just played it like I did XC1 and XC2 controlling only the protagonist…. I got really good at sword fighter Noah.

The number is just confusing to me. IIRC the number of titles uploaded to JASRAC last year was in the upper 140s - like, 147 or 148 - and I thought all of them were matched to base XB3 songs. But the track list is certainly structured in a way that implies disc 20 is only volume 4 (unlike DE, whose disc 5 is comprised of 9 main game tracks and 8 Future Connected tracks).

Average disc track count means nothing. Torna is still 11, after all.

You're right that average count means nothing, but it does have to be 13+ if they're gonna meet their promise of 'over 140'. JASRAC was in the upper 140s because it included jingles (and I think also dynamic track variations), which the OST release seems not to, hence having only 128 tracks.

The jingles were also included in the original figure of 'about 140' given in one of the developer interviews, which is the reason for the confusion between the 'old 140' and 'new 140.' But, at any rate, with at least 13 tracks on the DLC disc, there's likely to be a good deal of new music.

I pretty much only switched characters to cycle between Ouroboros since the AI is too inefficient at using them. Other than this I never found any reason to switch beyond extremely specific setups. Incidentally, cycling between Ouroboros forms was also the only time I found the mechanic to be fun.

I was waiting for a patch to let people lower your levels on the base game but it was a fool's errand, I should start over the game, turn off overkill and I guess I'm not allowed to explore and enjoy combat.

I was waiting for a patch to let people lower your levels on the base game but it was a fool's errand, I should start over the game, turn off overkill and I guess I'm not allowed to explore and enjoy combat.
When I realised you could level down after the end of the game, I just mainlined the story to the end and then came back and did my exploring and side questing. It is a bit of a shame (especially since I never had that problem with 2 and DE let your set your level anytime you wanted), but I did have a lot of fun exploring Cadensia properly after I finished the game. You can keep yourself underlevelled for each quest.

For what it's worth, the DLC seems better balanced so far. If anything, I find I'm fighting all the Uniques and completing my bestiary and still only keeping pace.

Returned to this game when wave 3 released after I stopped following the big climax in Chapter 5/6 (got distracted by life, Splatoon 3 and overwhelmed by ascension quest) and just beat Z. I LOVED the game when I played upon release and the build up to that climax I mentioned before. But a lot of the stuff after was not as good for me and that final boss was so tedious and annoying that I’m left feeling kind of blah on the game.

2 I was the opposite where I found the start very slow but the end just kept building. Anyway, this game is done now and I’m about to watch what I’m sure is a movie’s length of ending cutscenes. I loved Torna so much though so I’m excited for Future Redeemed and seeing how it takes what 3 did and refines it.

Also excitedly to fully play through the first game with the definitive edition sometime after TotK. It’ll be interesting to see how it compares with the end game to 2 & 3, I stopped in Eryth Sea on the Wii and the jungle on the 3ds version. But I’ve been a lot better about finishing games recently so we’ll get there.

I already typed a lot so I’m going to type some more I decided. The actual world and it’s setup I enjoy 3 a lot more and really love a lot of the heroes and think their quests did a lot for some of them (Ashera’s 2nd sticks in my mind a lot for me), the hero system I also really liked. But while I enjoyed the battle system in 3 I think 2 had the better battle system and also story/villains. I don’t think either really stands out as the best for me on the music front, I loved what both were doing. Overall I appreciate them both for different things, can’t wait to revisit the first game and am excited to see what the Future holds for the series.

The whole game as more heroes were introduced and given specific class inheritors I loved to imagine the AU where each of the main 6 and their class givers were different groups with different dynamics. Like the fun little family unit of older brother Lanz with younger siblings Valdi and Fiona, where he’s doing his best to take care of them sans parents but with an irresponsible whacky grandfather in Triton. Or Sena and Ghondor best friends with their Riku and Manana charms who meet the younger Segiri and help her grow out of her shell. I don’t need to continue but also Eunie x Ashera <3 and Lanz one sided gay crush on Taion, I can’t resist the urge to ship especially when Monolith just hands me this large interconnected cast like this.

Xenoblade is neat!

Last edited:
Seems the Trinity Box is starting to ship, I got an email early this morning with a tracking number stating it's scheduled to ship today!

There was also an email back on the 19th about a minor delay, but it seems to have only impacted them by a day or two. My understanding is that the intent was to deliver to customers in Japan by tomorrow for the one year anniversary of Xenoblade 3, so they're not too far off the original schedule; the email stated that the shipment would be delayed until the 31st.

I can provide an update with the estimated to time to deliver to the east coast of the US if anyone's interested once FedEx International actually has the package.

No shipping email for me yet, I'll keep an eye out next week.
No shipping mail for me either… i can’t wait it to arrive.
FWIW, despite FedEx saying it was scheduled to ship on the 28th, tracking still has it as "Label Created". Unless it goes out over the weekend (and it's already Saturday night in Japan), it'll go out on the 31st, which is the date they promised it'd ship by in their delay communication. Hopefully yours is the same.

Happy 1 year anniversary! And happy Trinity Box Set release, haven't gotten my email just yet

Bumping up for the Trinity Box release. Seems like Procyon already started shipping out the packages to German addresses. Check your email inbox folks, for FedEx delivery tracking info.

Bumping up for the Trinity Box release. Seems like Procyon already started shipping out the packages to German addresses. Check your email inbox folks, for FedEx delivery tracking info.
I’m terrified about customs lol (I got both the Trinity box and XC3 special edition because I wanted the flutes replicas).

More updates today:

-My email from Friday was actually directly from FedEx, automated from the creation of the shipping label. I got an email from Procyon Store that it shipped about 4 hours ago.

-FedEx's tracking reflected that an hour later. However, they still can't give an estimate on delivery date. That said, it's reporting as on time, and FedEx International Priority is supposed to be 1-3 business days end-to-end (which is nuts to me lol), so... this week?

Once again, I'll report back once I actually have a delivery estimate from FedEx.

They made it to their Homecoming! Finally.

20230731-114020.jpg

Now to wait for Nomio.

DE soundtrack arriving tomorrow from CD Japan but nothing from Procyon about the others yet. Also nervous about the endless now (customs purgatory), hopefully the fees aren’t too bad / there aren’t any.

DE soundtrack arriving tomorrow from CD Japan but nothing from Procyon about the others yet. Also nervous about the endless now (customs purgatory), hopefully the fees aren’t too bad / there aren’t any.

Yeah Ive one shipment from CD Japan in transit via DHL to UK but no updates (yet) from Procyon on the trinity.

Started the game last month and am taking my time with it.
Only just started Chapter 4... at this rate, this game is going to take me till end of the year.

I just saw Oppenheimer last night so "trinity" has a very different sound in my head

Also I was a big Matrix fan in the 00s so "trinity" has a very different sound in my head

My Trinity Box has moved between a couple different Japanese cities now, last scanned in Sennan. FedEx simultaneously tells me they cannot provide an estimate and that it's due in tomorrow by 5 pm - but the latter sounds like it's an automated estimation based on time they received it and the type of service it is. I kinda doubt it's gonna be at my door in the states in ~24 hours given that it hasn't left the country yet, but I guess you never know.

To my surprise, my Trinity Box now has an official estimate of 10:30-2:30 today! I suppose it helps to not be far from an international airport lol.

Edit: Though now that I have time to actually look at the tracking, that's not the one it flew in to anyway. It's already on the vehicle for delivery, so I presume that means everything went through customs fine.

I'm also unsure if there's any method to how they're shipping orders. I actually didn't pull the trigger on mine till April 29th, the day before orders closed, so it certainly doesn't seem to be first in/first out.

Last edited:
Great news! My Xenoblade DE soundtrack arrived!

Terrible news! My Xenoblade DE soundtrack looks like it was run over by a bus!

Guys I think… XC3 could be a top 5 OST if all time for me, sitting down and listening to it. What an achievement

Guys I think… XC3 could be a top 5 OST if all time for me, sitting down and listening to it. What an achievement
I don't have it just yet but going through YouTube, my goodness did I forget how much I love the area themes in this game. Eagus Wilderness is so good.

I can't wait to have these on in the background, like, all the time.

It's at my apartment now.

But I'm at work, and really should run a few errands on the way home.

This is tantalizing lol

Back
Top Bottom