• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I'm not thrilled about the price - especially when I already have 2/Torna digitally - but I kinda want to say I bought a 20 CD set for the memes
The price per disc/music makes it more bearable. It's also still not the most expensive boxset I've bought. (That goes to that huge 26-disc Castlevania box released last year.)

The price per disc/music makes it more bearable. It's also still not the most expensive boxset I've bought. (That goes to that huge 26-disc Castlevania box released last year.)
Oh, it's totally an understandable price. I'm just debating whether it's worth it when I'll get most of the same enjoyment from just buying 3/DE digitally for less than 60% of the cost.

20 CDs tho...

Double posting to say I just realized this should include the instrumental version of Beyond the Sky from Future Connected. This is noteworthy as the epilogue dialogue was baked into the track in the game data, so we actually don't have a clean version at all atm.

Hopefully this time tragic decision doesn't cut off before its climax like it did in the original japanese CD release. God that was bad.

I was counting the CDs in each OST, got to 19, and was excited for a second that the Trinity Box included the 6th Xenoblade 2 disc with the piano arrangements that was limited to the deluxe edition. But no, the extra disc should be Torna.

As an aside from looking into that - 9 discs for Xenoblade 3? Xenoblade 2 was covered by 5 without Torna; is there way more/longer tracks than I noticed, or is Volume 4 potentially pretty substantial on the music side relative to Future Connected and Torna, which are seemingly being covered by a single disc each? Even just a 7/2 split would be exciting in terms of the amount of new Xenoblade music we're getting in a few months.

Also kinda funny that they list the Trinity Box as four OSTs. Technically correct since Torna was published as its own OST, but a little confusing for the layman when they list out the three base games and Future Connected/Torna/Volume 4 separately right above it. Might be a legal thing. The natural assumption with 4 would be X involvement

I mean Torna got months and was a physical release, I think this would be same
Technically speaking, Volume 4's marketing already started. Torna wasn't revealed at all until the full trailer in June 2018. In retrospect, the teaser we got this past February may have been because they knew the full marketing cycle would be faster; imo, there wasn't really a need for that back then if the next time we saw it was three months before release.

Personally, I think the next time we see it is a general Direct, whenever that may be. I could see one the week before TotK, or the end of May, but June like always is my bet for now. I wouldn't expect the full reveal to release time to be quite as short as Metroid Prime Remastered's physical edition, but that should probably be considered the minimum for smaller things now.

I was counting the CDs in each OST, got to 19, and was excited for a second that the Trinity Box included the 6th Xenoblade 2 disc with the piano arrangements that was limited to the deluxe edition. But no, the extra disc should be Torna.

As an aside from looking into that - 9 discs for Xenoblade 3? Xenoblade 2 was covered by 5 without Torna; is there way more/longer tracks than I noticed, or is Volume 4 potentially pretty substantial on the music side relative to Future Connected and Torna, which are seemingly being covered by a single disc each? Even just a 7/2 split would be exciting in terms of the amount of new Xenoblade music we're getting in a few months.

Also kinda funny that they list the Trinity Box as four OSTs. Technically correct since Torna was published as its own OST, but a little confusing for the layman when they list out the three base games and Future Connected/Torna/Volume 4 separately right above it. Might be a legal thing. The natural assumption with 4 would be X involvement

Technically speaking, Volume 4's marketing already started. Torna wasn't revealed at all until the full trailer in June 2018. In retrospect, the teaser we got this past February may have been because they knew the full marketing cycle would be faster; imo, there wasn't really a need for that back then if the next time we saw it was three months before release.

Personally, I think the next time we see it is a general Direct, whenever that may be. I could see one the week before TotK, or the end of May, but June like always is my bet for now. I wouldn't expect the full reveal to release time to be quite as short as Metroid Prime Remastered's physical edition, but that should probably be considered the minimum for smaller things now.
There's probably various factors skewing this, but the first Xenoblade 3 complete soundtrack video I found on YouTube was like twice as long as the official Xenoblade 2 OST (with bonus disc). Like I said, I don't really trust that number too much, but it's different by enough that I think there's just more music in general.

There's probably various factors skewing this, but the first Xenoblade 3 complete soundtrack video I found on YouTube was like twice as long as the official Xenoblade 2 OST (with bonus disc). Like I said, I don't really trust that number too much, but it's different by enough that I think there's just more music in general.
There's absolutely more music, I know that; even seven discs is 40% more than Xenoblade 2. I'm just hoping it's not eight 😅

There's definitely a few factors skewing things, though. Xenoblade 3 rips you can find on YouTube let tracks play to the loop point twice, whereas 2's official OST release only hits the loop once (and often adds an unused ending). That shaves off legit hours; someone in the comments for the whole OST video quoted it as a little under 8 hours without loops, though I'm not gonna put too much stock in that as correctly identifying loops can be hard (and the phrasing made it ambiguous as to whether variants are included).

Officially, Procyon has said it's about 9 hours. If we take the ~8 hour comment at face value, that's still a little longer than Torna for volume 4, but only by a couple tracks (and maybe after rounding, basically the same). If it's more like 7:30, then we'll have about double the music for this DLC than Torna.

Weird to note from Procyon's site is the claim of over 140 tracks. That's the same number we've had for a while, and I'm pretty sure we matched about all of the names from JASRAC to base game tracks, so I have no clue what's up there.

Advance Wars previews today bode well for an announcement next week. Currently nothing is slated for it. Could be more Zelda marketing I suppose, but there’s definitely an opening.

I'm enjoying how both Zelda and Xenoblade fans are convincing themselves they're getting news next week lol

It's not unreasonable for Zelda to get a launch trailer sometime in the next month, but I'm not expecting Xenoblade without a general Direct.

Advance Wars previews today bode well for an announcement next week. Currently nothing is slated for it. Could be more Zelda marketing I suppose, but there’s definitely an opening.
Zelda is much more likely than XC next week, that marks one month out from the game

Zelda is much more likely than XC next week, that marks one month out from the game
Don't think that really means anything. They could just as easily go with the three week mark and time up a big trailer with previews. Either week is equally likely IMO.

I'm enjoying how both Zelda and Xenoblade fans are convincing themselves they're getting news next week lol

It's not unreasonable for Zelda to get a launch trailer sometime in the next month, but I'm not expecting Xenoblade without a general Direct.
The timing for a general Direct relative to Xenoblade seems kind of strange now that we have the soundtrack date. If the soundtrack and DLC are packed close together, the traditional June timing could work, but June seems like the more obvious gap to put the DLC in if they're doing a physical release again.

I'm almost certain we won't get news on the 4th wave DLC until June, maybe in a NotE3 Direct.
If they're doing a physical release, I really doubt this. It isn't impossible for them to do a quick turnaround, but it's not something Nintendo has generally done outside of special occasions. Neither is them dropping a trailer out of nowhere really anything out of the ordinary.

Given that Torna had a full three month marketing cycle, I don't see any reason why this would get truncated to one month at most.

Mitsuda made a comment that the visuals for the soundtracks will be shared in roughly two weeks, which makes me believe that we may be getting a new look at the DLC in that timeframe (April 16-22).

I wonder if there will be a new original vocal song in the DLC, like A Moment of Eternity. I hope so

I think so. They did say they wanted to use Torna as the basis for the DLC. Also Sara Weeda, while not confirming it outright, has acted coy when asked about a new song.

I’m so excited thinking about the possibility of playing the new story with Alvis, Shulk, Rex and co before I was expecting.

The timing for a general Direct relative to Xenoblade seems kind of strange now that we have the soundtrack date. If the soundtrack and DLC are packed close together, the traditional June timing could work, but June seems like the more obvious gap to put the DLC in if they're doing a physical release again.
I'm not saying I expect this, but after the two week turnaround from Metroid Prime Remastered to physical release, I don't think a June reveal and release is necessarily out of the question.

I think it's still pretty possible we get a release date trailer sometime soon. Especially if we're getting a physical release of the DLC story. And I don't see why we wouldn't when Torna did, plus this story is seemingly slightly bigger than Torna was.

While I’ve always said I’m not sure if this will get a physical release, I also doubt Nintendo would miss the chance to sell a 20+ hour game as standalone.

There's absolutely more music, I know that; even seven discs is 40% more than Xenoblade 2. I'm just hoping it's not eight 😅

There's definitely a few factors skewing things, though. Xenoblade 3 rips you can find on YouTube let tracks play to the loop point twice, whereas 2's official OST release only hits the loop once (and often adds an unused ending). That shaves off legit hours; someone in the comments for the whole OST video quoted it as a little under 8 hours without loops, though I'm not gonna put too much stock in that as correctly identifying loops can be hard (and the phrasing made it ambiguous as to whether variants are included).

Officially, Procyon has said it's about 9 hours. If we take the ~8 hour comment at face value, that's still a little longer than Torna for volume 4, but only by a couple tracks (and maybe after rounding, basically the same). If it's more like 7:30, then we'll have about double the music for this DLC than Torna.

Weird to note from Procyon's site is the claim of over 140 tracks. That's the same number we've had for a while, and I'm pretty sure we matched about all of the names from JASRAC to base game tracks, so I have no clue what's up there.

The entire tracklist is available on the web https://www.procyon-store.com/products/xbosttble except for CD 20, which has just a few question marks. So yeah, I'm sad to tell you that the XC3 DLC will only comprise one album.

y'all need to remember that Torna physical came out a week later. Then also remember that they dropped Metroid Prime Remastered digitally out of nowhere with physical versions coming 2~4 weeks later across the various regions just two months ago.

stop clinging so close to these patterns that don't work like that.

How many CDs is the Torna soundtrack on, anyway? I'm assuming just the one?

I’m sure they’ll reuse a decent amount of music from the base game, as they did with Torna. (They better use The Weight of Life again, since that song was criminally underused in the base game…)

I hope for some tweaks to the combat.
I hope they do something similar to Torna with 3 pairs of 2 (with maybe Rex/Shulk as a Hero or 4th pair) instead of 6/7/8 individual characters. I was really excited for having more controllable characters in 3, but with switching being cumbersome and no way to control when AI uses arts, it just made the game feel like it was playing itself.

I really hope we get to actually play as shulk and buff rex as full party members and they're not just stuck as AI controlled heroes like we ended up with Nia and Melia.

Where are you seeing the tracklist?

Also, Torna was beefy and only had 9 new tracks I think? So I’m not worried
Scroll down until you see 4 drop-down menus with a + symbol on the right side. Click on the third one. It's easier if you translate the web, since the English version doesn't seem to work properly, at least for me.

By the way, the Torna CD (CD #11) has 11 tracks.

Scroll down until you see 4 drop-down menus with a + symbol on the right side. Click on the third one. It's easier if you translate the web, since the English version doesn't seem to work properly, at least for me.
The English tracklist for the 3 soundtrack and Trinity Box apparently aren't ready, so the tracklists don't appear on those pages yet. Even in one of their crossfade videos they posted on Twitter they had a track that was in Japanese only. Guess they're not finalized yet?

By the way, the Torna CD (CD #11) has 11 tracks.
I wouldn't be surprised if the XC3 dlc had less new tracks than torna, there's a lot of music in XC3 that only plays once or twice cough weight of life cough

The 8 discs of base XC3 soundtrack total 128 tracks, so there'll be at least 12-13 more on disc 9 for the DLC to meet their promise of "more than 140 tracks." Meanwhile, the average number of tracks per disc is 15 or 16--so, at least slightly more music than Torna is guaranteed.

I hope they do something similar to Torna with 3 pairs of 2 (with maybe Rex/Shulk as a Hero or 4th pair) instead of 6/7/8 individual characters. I was really excited for having more controllable characters in 3, but with switching being cumbersome and no way to control when AI uses arts, it just made the game feel like it was playing itself.
I think FF7R got character switching right - three characters and the ability to essentially pause the action and move over to a different character. It felt manageable and more streamlined.

XC3 jacked up all the in-combat clutter, bumped up the character pool to six and then didn't really do anything to smooth over the switching. It made cycling through the party in the middle of combat messy.

When it's all kicking off and you're just awkwardly spamming through the party to get to who you want, it's not ideal. It can be difficult to read.

I also think there's two other issues - you've got no idea what arts are going to be available when you make the switch. And secondly, the AI is often so competent you don't need to switch at all, or you do, but only between two or three characters, with the rest left to their own devices.

If you watch superboss and challenge stuff, you'll see next to no switching at all. Which suggests, to me at least, the game doesn't incentivise switching enough, or it's not worth doing, or it's a bit clunky, or it's all of the above or something else.

Ahead of release I was excited to see character switching make it in because I thought it would bring a new dimension to combat. And it kind of does, but not really. It doesn't feel like a meaningful addition to me.

And without something like the blade combo system, which feeds directly into the strength of chain attacks, you end up just spamming stuff before going into a five-minute chain attack.

I think an evolution and expansion of Torna's battle mechanics could have been a lot of fun. Red health was a great addition to combat, as was switching between characters to pull off different parts of the driver combo, I also preferred how talent arts were implemented.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom