• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

‘Sees some cute otter UM just swimming around goofily in the environment’

Eh looks like it’s a few levels below me, might as well set the difficulty on hard so it’s at least a challenge.

‘Half of my party gets wiped out in 2 hits’

What the fuck

Master Arts are there to customise your classes so you can have Arts with those effects even in classes that don’t have it by default. I’m finding very fun to trying many combinations each time
I still didn't find another break source, so I'm changing classes if the character has A or S on the class for now, and Keeping at least one character with Noah Class .

Almost 30 hour in, got 4 heroes and I'm getting lost doing side Stuff instead od progressing XD

pause->system->hero roster
Oh, wow! I had no idea that menu even existed. I guess I must have missed a tutorial. Thanks!

The amount of content this game has is crazy. I thought I was almost done with the sidequests, but it turns out I have a lot more to do. Let's go!

I finished chapter 4 almost at 51.5 hours in. Since I crossed 50 hours and cleared a chapter, seems like a good time to share more thoughts. I already mentioned how much I’m loving the exploration today so I’d like to share how this is already easily my favorite Xenoblade combat system as it builds on 1 and gives you so many more options at any given moment. In one of my fights today I took regular advantage of one of my moves having an evade feature to directly dodge big hits. I don’t remember a proper evade ever being an option before? It was so cool. I also bounce around characters in this game to stick with classes I like to play, which does mean I’m also regularly using different Ouroboros. Unlocking arts canceling makes it more straightforward, but even so they all have their quirks to take advantage of which is pretty cool like Eunie’s giving off a healing aura. My favorite fight today was against a unique enemy I believe called the Black Triad. There were three of them obviously and they could summon way more guys for their desperation move. Figuring out how to keep my party alive and properly take care of them by using every attack I had was awesome. (Incidentally, my favorite silly fight today involved getting blown off a cliff by a Tirkin and my party landing the killing blow right as I reset to my last landmark lol)

While I really love the characters and the journey they’ve been on, I’m starting to get a bit frustrated with the main story. For a while now, I haven’t been too surprised by any story beats. Part of that too, throw me in the camp at least as of chapter 4 that far too many of the consuls have been way too mwahaha mustache twirly and forgettable. The game is well aware these guys are a bunch of jokers, which at least for me isn’t exactly helping? My main issue with both of these issues is that everything else about how the characters, world, and story is depicted is so excellent, compelling, and occasionally so emotional/poignant too that these weaknesses are really standing out and dragging down the experience.

All of that said, I’m still very eager to pick up my journey tomorrow. Been hearing a lot of hype for chapter 5 especially so I’m eager to get into it. Oh one last amusing chapter 4 thing since it came up in the thread this page with some speculation mixed in.

While I knew Camaradi and Ethel were going to die the moment they detailed how those machines worked, I knew they couldn’t forever though since you can clearly see his fire head as one of the heroes and Ethel had to come back in some way since they literally give that tutorial saying you can eventually fully recruit heroes and max them up to 20 with her picture as the example…weird choices there that ruined any emotion of that scene unless there is a final curveball beyond they are younger or something after being reborn in the tube. If it’s just amnesia like they are different people that’s probably going to be kinda eh still for me. Hope it works out.

Assuming there's any romance at all, Ouroboros pairings are probably endgame but something strangely draws me to Lanz and Taion atm, they have this weird chemistry I was not expecting

The relationships between the 6 main characters are very good, regardless of their nature.

In the system menu, there's an option called Hero Roster. Any hero you've already unlocked will show up there. Silhouettes for the rest. You can press A on anyone you've unlocked, and at the bottom it will list the conditions to trigger their ascension quest
The requirements won't be listed in all cases. I think you need to have done certain prequisite quests or progressed the story before the requirements appear.

I’ve seen a bit of reactions from the ending from folks.

I feel a lot are missing the point of Xenoblade 3’s ending.

Once time has passed enough. I’ll go into more details if I remember

I personally really liked the ending

I think the biggest reaction I've seen from many people is that the fact there isn't a huge lore dump that links to the previous 2 games they feel disappointed. I like the fact that Aionios exists in a frozen second or so of time before the collision fully happens and rewinds time back to before the event- the ending separating the worlds again was bittersweet but also the best ending for the people on the planet. The extra scene at the end where Noah hears the music of what we can assume is Mio was really nice as they had such a deep connection that it would be in his memories was a nice touch.

As an ending to the Klaus trilogy my take is that after him dying in both Alrest and Bionis - the two universes/planets that he created were always going to collide when he was no longer there to keep watch over them.

Made a decent way through chapter 5.

Have to say, chapter 4 was the game "finally getting good" for me. Very enjoyable from exploration, to side quests, to the main story finally dealing with some of the things I want it to.

That said, I do feel like the end of chapter 4 is the first time there's been some real, meaninful story progression since the party originally becomes Ourobouros. It took me 40 hours to get there, and that was just way, way too long of a break. The game establishes its core set up and mysteries early (and they're strong ones) but from that point on you deal almost solely with side quests / flashbacks / character development plot beats until mid chapter 4. The game needed more cathartic story beats and more mystery reveals along the critical path to this juncture. Hopefully from now on they come thick and fast. Honestly, even now I'm still surprised how little has been revealed.

Some of the more recent areas were absolutely amazing, and I'm in awe of the size of the world. Finished a hero quest, and get told "go to the storage area out back", and guess what, it's a whole new massive area. Jaw dropped.

Also, must be noted how much I do love the core party. It's a very strong one. Taion brings the mood down way too much in chapters 2 and 3 (but has improved slightly), and Sena is barely there at all (and feels miscast next to the others), but the rest are fantastic.

Another thing this game does very well is its leveling balance. Multiple times I've sort of bee-lined the main quest, found myself underlevlled for a boss, went and cleaned up all the side-quests, explored wherever I could, returned to the main quest line, and then the next main area is one or two levels ABOVE my level, when I was worried I would be overlevelled. I constantly feel like I'm in the "right place" at the right time. Contrast that to something like XCX, which had so many low-level areas that a player would almost certainly never stumble upon until they're high level, that felt wasted. Here, if you explore properly, you'll experience almost all of the content when you should experience it - even when it feels like you're way off the beaten path. It's very well thought out.

Lastly, one thing I really miss is that the nature of the world isn't a part of this story, when it was core to previous Xenoblades. XC1 was all about the wonder of actually living on these two dead Titans. XCX, this absurd, magical foreign planet that humanity crashed into. XC2 the melancholy mystery of the dying Titans. I just assumed that at some point this would become part of the story of XC3 - why the world looks as it does, is as it is - but at this point it's clear that the game isn't interested in that. I imagine that someone who didn't play the previous games wouldn't have this expectation and this wouldn't even occur to them, but I kept waiting for exposition that never comes for a long time. Indeed, it's strange how "normal JRPG" it can feel exploring the world of XC3 can be at times.

Anyway, I've always thought that the first half of XC1 is one of the greatest games I've ever played but the latter half didn't quite live up to that. Hoping the progression here is the opposite, and it may well be.

I’ve seen a bit of reactions from the ending from folks.

I feel a lot are missing the point of Xenoblade 3’s ending.

Once time has passed enough. I’ll go into more details if I remember
I'd love to hear your thoughts, my only real issue with the ending is

big ol' Xenoblade 3 spoilers below

Z, as a character, and as a plot device.
I can gel with the Mobius, and the idea that Z is Mobius, and the Consuls are merely using its power. But I feel like without the context of Z potentially being Zanza (not even really implied beyond a couple camera shots, unless I'm missing something), the plotline of Z taking over Origin is almost nonsensical. To me it just feels like a major Snoke moment.

That being said, I absolutely love the story of Origin being created by our heroes from 1 and 2 as a giant supercomputer data center to prepare for the collision of their universes by holding the data of all life and existence in their respective universes. Seems a bit much to ask of our heroes, most of which aren't engineers, but if Tora can build Poppi he can build a Death Star, I guess! From what I understand, both halves of Origin were operational by the time the collision started. But this is where my details get fuzzy (someone help me out on this) - as the collision of the universes started and the fabrics of spacetime started tearing, Origin was "possessed" by Z, who was nothing more than a manifestation of the fears of all the data contained in Origin. That's it. Z wasn't a higher-dimensional being who was able to take advantage of the tears to occupy a vessel in a lower plane, and he wasn't the remnants of Zanza lingering in Shulk's universe biding his time until this moment. He was just fear and loneliness manifested

I personally really liked the ending

As an ending to the Klaus trilogy my take is that after him dying in both Alrest and Bionis - the two universes/planets that he created were always going to collide when he was no longer there to keep watch over them.
I think you're really close with this part, but there's another detail - the universes were colliding because the Conduit left our plane of existence (which is where both universes resided in) and since the Conduit was powering Shulk's universe, its disappearance made Shulk's universe impossible to sustain itself and thus its eventual collapse into its "sister" universe.

At least, that's my theory. It ties in directly with the Conduit explicitly disappearing at the end of 2.

Assuming there's any romance at all, Ouroboros pairings are probably endgame but something strangely draws me to Lanz and Taion atm, they have this weird chemistry I was not expecting
Lanz and Taion is so tender. I loved their interactions midgame.

Okay can we also talk about how much Star Wars was in this game

• invasion of a castle to destroy a superweapon laser, felt very A New Hope
  • hologram scene showing Origin and its center looked exactly like how they planned on destroying the Death Star
  • N and M felt like Anakin and Padme - a lover succumbing to their fear of losing the love of their life, allowing themselves to be manipulated by an all powerful being and given powers that eventually changes them and distorts them from who their partner fell in love with ("you're going down a path I cannot follow!") and ending very tragically
  • They even had the "have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise" scene in an amphitheater and everything! Lol

I really loved the ending, felt like a great conclusion to the trilogy. I'm looking forward to talking about it more in the coming months once the dust settles a bit and people finish the game.

In the system menu, there's an option called Hero Roster. Any hero you've already unlocked will show up there. Silhouettes for the rest. You can press A on anyone you've unlocked, and at the bottom it will list the conditions to trigger their ascension quest

I had no idea this menu even existed but it's great lol

Warning to the people who use this, avoid non obtained hero spots because the silhouettes give away some character (even worse sometimes they fail to load completely and just have the basic model completely spoiling a story element which happened to me, although I already realized who it was based off the silhouette originally). Monolith needs to hide this stuff better in the future.

Finally got my copy yesterday and played around in some of the colonies in chapter 3 doing quests. So far it's been a great experiencie but I do have an issue with

gated traversal options. I understand for example how riding the zip lines is something taht requires more experience and not an essential combat/survival thing, but I honestly thought my game was bugged when I couldn't climb vines or that I missed a tutorial. I had to search in a guide (and spoil myself of an event unfortunately) and see that is something a character teaches you at the end of the quest and I'm like "these people were trained since kids for combat, I'm pretty sure they could climb some vines without anyone teaching them".

The requirements won't be listed in all cases. I think you need to have done certain prequisite quests or progressed the story before the requirements appear.
It'll still say ??? though, so people can probably reason that they can't do it yet lol

Just got to chapter 6 and the game is great.
Love the cast and their interactions. Heroes are more superior to blades with the quests
That sequence went there with killing Mio and the twist with the swap was really good

So today it's been my first proper day with just post-game sidequesting.

Some of the collectible quests (not the collectopedia ones, the ones that are legit quests, but involves collecting) are so smart because the collectibles are scattered and conveniently and strategically placed out so that they encourage exploration. They work like breadcrumb trails, basically, to lead you to new and exciting locations.

But I'm confused regarding one thing, there's this quest that has 3 different collectibles, and once I activated it, it highlighted the radius on the map where they could be found, and then the collectibles were highlighted with a ! when I approached them. But that was only for one. Now that I'm stocked up on it, there's no mission marker or ! marker for the other two. How come the ! mark only highlighted one collectible?

I'm in a certain location doing quests now and the feeling of just walking around and building affinity and familiarising yourself with a place is so awesome.

Also, the information quirk in side quest approaching is so smart, love it.

Also did a Hero quest:

The Sena one, with Ghondor as a mandatory character.

Was really great and emotional and could've passed as a significant beat in the main story. This game really pulls no punches.

I'm the only one having troubles finding all the yellow infobox to discuss sidequests in the biggest hub of the game (at least at chapter 6)?

I have 2 quest stuck at 1/2 because I can't find the other people chatting.

just started a couple days ago after finishing a couple games before I wanted to get started on this.

Been really enjoying the experience. Still early in the desert area after you get the first hero...but have been overleveled since I pretty much clear each zone completely before going on lol. Every mob goes down and random container/item gets picked up. While getting everyone to level 10 in other classes at the same time.

I'm the only one having troubles finding all the yellow infobox to discuss sidequests in the biggest hub of the game (at least at chapter 6)?

I just started Chapter 7 and I have two discussion topics stuck like that.

One is "The Peaceful Life" and another is regarding the fog at sea (I forgot the exact title). I am assuming they will pop up once I do other quests or advance the plot a little further. What are the ones you are having problems with?

Uh... is this a spoiler or am I just missing some huge context here?
Not really, it's regarding some fan art that could be considered a spoiler - if consider "Massive Melee Mythra" (an item in XC2) being present as an outfit option in 3, you're good

I just noticed the hero rooster menu outright spoils the detailed silouette of all the heroes 💀

Okay can we also talk about how much Star Wars was in this game
that's all very important and relevant, but also there's a collectible called Coruscant Coral

lol I have four. I'm assuming some of them need me to come back at a different time or something

There is at least one info set I've found so far that had a piece in two separate areas in chapter 5
the white fog has one piece of info that's triggered from a ? in Erythian Sea and another from an info convo in City

Haven't found a Class information spreadsheet anywhere, so I'm making my own.

If anybody's interested in contributing, let me know.

Not really, it's regarding some fan art that could be considered a spoiler - if consider "Massive Melee Mythra" (an item in XC2) being present as an outfit option in 3, you're good
Well I mean... the character you were referencing

But also I didn't initially know what Massive Melee Mythra was which definitely added to the confusion lol

Well I mean... the character you were referencing

But also I didn't initially know what Massive Melee Mythra was which definitely added to the confusion lol
It'll probably make sense later. Don't worry about it being a spoiler for anything, it's not.

Was there a rare item spawn tied to the weather there? I seem to remember some reason for reloading that spot, but I guess it was for the opposite reason.
There was a quest item (a "tear of the sky"). It only spawned in thunderstorms. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it, actually.

okay but what does the silhouette tell you really?! I've been to that menu plenty of times and I've not gotten anything "spoiled"

There are 2 silhouette I’d consider evidently from “surprise hero characters”, but I’ve yet to unlock them.

Can I come back to Keves Castle later for clearing uniques and all that? Or is this the only visit?

Back
Top Bottom