• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My game music composer list would basically be what's already been posted but in a different order (and with one addition):
  1. Yasunori Mitsuda
  2. Jun Senoue
  3. Nobuo Uematsu
  4. David Wise
  5. Toby Fox

This Yoko Shimomura tracks have me thinking. Game music top 5?

Mine:

• Nobuo Uemstsu (FF duh, but lots of great post square stuff).
  • Yatsunori Mitsuda (Chrono and Xeno series might be the best out there).
  • Yuzo Koshiro (personal favorite due to the FM synth)
  • Kondo/Wakai/Nagata/Minegishi (cheating bit too hard to isolate which are the best Nintendo composers)
  • Yoko Shimomura (look at the composition history. her career is absolutely insane)
My list won't differ much from everyone else's, but for me it'd be, in no particular order :
  • Yatsunori Mitsuda
  • The Nintendo gang, so many great composers here
  • Yoko Shimomura
  • Nobuo Uematsu
  • Hidenori Shoji (it's incredible how many bangers there are on the Yakuza OSTs. Like this track from LaD)

Uhm, so Ninja Hideaway is a trip. I love it, but at the same time I hate it. Definitely my favourite out of the MKT courses in the Booster Pass so far.

Better luck next week with the Dread boss rush update, I guess.

My top five video game composers in no order:

Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy 1-9)
Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Mario RPG, FFXV)
Daisuke Ishiwatari (BlazBlue/Guilty Gear)
Takeharu Ishimoto (The World Ends With You, Neo TWEWY)
Koji Kondo (Mario / Zelda)

Happy Thursday all. Time to have a serious think about preordering 13 Sentinels and adding it to the pre-late-June pile.
They are impressively releasing these N64 games consistently lol. Beyond everyone’s expectations, but at the cost of SNES and NES

I feel like this is leading up to a new console app for this fall.
I think regular releases for at least one part of the expansion pack had to happen given the price hike. Odd that we got NES/SNES updates this February and March though, after nothing since July 2021.

I’ve played and Beaten Final Fantasy 1-7 (except 5).
And yet, Ive never considered myself a huge fan of the series.
I don’t think this is that uncommon an opinion. FF is a reliably enjoyable series but if you’re into JRPGs I’d argue there’s a ton of more interesting options.

I honestly gotten much more enjoyment on some of the spin offs. Final Fantasy Tactics advance is one of my all time favorite games. And that’s ironically the game that plays heavily into the world of fantasy lol.
FF Tactics Advance is indeed the second best FF game, only below original FF Tactics.

...Pretty sure I'm missing a bunch of plot-points. Never did do a re-read. What am I missing?
I’ll definitely need to do a re-read to refresh myself. It’s been like 8 years since I touched the books and my most recent ASOIAF-related memory is the awful final season of the TV series.

Happy Thursday all. Time to have a serious think about preordering 13 Sentinels and adding it to the pre-late-June pile.

I think regular releases for at least one part of the expansion pack had to happen given the price hike. Odd that we got NES/SNES updates this February and March though, after nothing since July 2021.
I pre-ordered 13 Sentinels because I think it will be a limited print (especially in the UK). Don't plan on playing it until later in the year but I wanted physical so jumped after the good reviews. I got it for £42.95 from the Game Collection which wasn't too bad.

I think this may be one of those Switch games that is worth a fair bit physically in a few years.

I pre-ordered 13 Sentinels because I think it will be a limited print (especially in the UK). Don't plan on playing it until later in the year but I wanted physical so jumped after the good reviews. I got it for £42.95 from the Game Collection which wasn't too bad.

I think this may be one of those Switch games that is worth a fair bit physically in a few years.
Yeah, I've had the same thought and the folks over in the 13 Sentinels review thread said the same. Worth buying, even if I don't get around to it just yet. My to play list is something like:

• finish Kirby
  • keep flailing at expert mode in F Zero X
  • do Pokemon Legends
  • do Metroid Dread for a second time
  • do Triangle Strategy golden route
  • do 13 Sentinels
  • token effort at trimming the Pile of Shame, perhaps by playing Legend of Tianding and Last Campfire
  • gradually go through Mass Effect Legendary Edition

My next purchases would be Sunbreak and Three Hopes at the end of June...

I can't really decide on who my top 5 composers since I have so many favorites lol. However, I want at least mentioned 1 composer who deserves it and that is Yasunori Nishiki the composer of Octopath Traveler and number of tracks for FF7 Remake. This person is a genius and still today I can't get tired of Octopath Traveler soundtrack.

Difficult to come up with a list of my favourite composers, for various reasons. Many of my more recent favourites have been collaborative efforts: Breath of the Wild (Manaka Kataoka, Yasuaki Iwata, Hajime Wakai), Great Ace Attorney (Yasumasa Kitagawa, Hiromitsu Maeba, Yoshiya Terayama), 13 Sentinels (Hitoshi Sakimoto and several other Basiscape composers) had several people credited, just to name a few. It's also almost unfair to compare someone like Lena Raine who hasn't worked nearly as long but has been putting out banger after banger since Celeste to legends like Yoko Shimomura, Nabuo Uematsu, Koji Kondo, David Wise (ugh), Michiru Yamane (double ugh) and so on. Shit, I have a hard time just coming up with a top 5 of favourite Nintendo composers.

I will say though, Yasunori Mitsuda, specifically his work on Chrono Trigger, was who sparked my fascination with VG music in the first place. He's the first person I think of when the topic comes up and I don't think that will ever change.

Last edited:
This Yoko Shimomura tracks have me thinking. Game music top 5?

Mine:

• Nobuo Uemstsu (FF duh, but lots of great post square stuff).
  • Yatsunori Mitsuda (Chrono and Xeno series might be the best out there).
  • Yuzo Koshiro (personal favorite due to the FM synth)
  • Kondo/Wakai/Nagata/Minegishi (cheating bit too hard to isolate which are the best Nintendo composers)
  • Yoko Shimomura (look at the composition history. her career is absolutely insane)
Oof, just 5?
  • Shoji Meguro (SMT, Persona)
  • Masami Ueda (RE 1-2-3, Okami, Bayonetta)
  • Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard, NieR)
  • Masafumi Takada (Killer7, NMH, The Evil Within)
  • Michiru Yamane (Castlevania, Bloodstained)

Michiru Yamane (double ugh)
Wait, what did she say? I recall some news about a famous composer going on an anti-vax rant, was it her?

The french Panini website for Super Mario Bros. collecting cards mentions that : "2022 will be a great year for the famous plumber: a new game and a movie in theaters at the end of the year". So either someone made a mistake, or they know something we don't

Edit/Update : the company first deleted the “new game” mention, then ten minutes later replaced it with “the new game Mario + Rabbids 2: Sparks of Hope”.

Capture-d-cran-2022-04-07-11-36-34.png

Last edited:
The french Panini website for Super Mario Bros. collecting cards mentions that : "2022 will be a great year for the famous plumber: a new game and a movie in theaters at the end of the year". So either someone made a mistake, or they know something we don't

Capture-d-cran-2022-04-07-11-36-34.png
Surely "new game" could just be a reference to either Strikers or Rabbids 2? I'm not sure how French grammar works, but does the phrase "at the end of the year" apply to the game as well as the film, or just the film? It could be the latter.

Mitsuda is hands down my favorite composer ever. I greatly admire Uematsu, Shimomura and Kondo too. And i've played enough of Tales of Arise to say that Sakuraba is one hell of a composer as well.

Surely "new game" could just be a reference to either Strikers or Rabbids 2? I'm not sure how French grammar works, but does the phrase "at the end of the year" apply to the game as well as the film, or just the film? It could be the latter.
It could be both, really. I'm not quite sure Strikers or Rabbids fit into the "Super Mario" brand of the cards, but they may be referring to that! We'll see at the E3 Direct I guess

It could be both, really. I'm not quite sure Strikers or Rabbids fit into the "Super Mario" brand of the cards, but they may be referring to that! We'll see at the E3 Direct I guess
Nintendo usually do have a Mario title of some sort out at that time of year, so there's bound to be something. The question is naturally whether or not it's a yet to be announced game.

Nintendo usually do have a Mario title of some sort out at that time of year, so there's bound to be something. The question is naturally whether or not it's a yet to be announced game.
Update : they deleted the mention of a new game off the page so it probably was a mistake (whether they said too much too early or the person who wrote the page made a mistake, which of course happens) rather than a reference to Rabbids or Strikers, imo

Update : they deleted the mention of a new game off the page so it probably was a mistake (whether they said too much too early or the person who wrote the page made a mistake, which of course happens) rather than a reference to Rabbids or Strikers, imo
Let's hope it was a "woops, we certainly shouldn't have hinted at an unannounced Mario game coming this year" mistake!
Either way, Nintendo is a garbage company for continuing to profit off the death of Mario.
Nothing is sacred, these days, least of all the mascot of a multi-billion dollar corporation. Dark times.

My excitement for Splatoon 3 just exploded all of a sudden.

Greatly enjoyed playing both of the prior games, especially on the WiiU but didn't stick with them for much longer than a month after release I think... yet I'd love to have that magical first couple of weeks with a multiplayer game again. Barely been playing anything multiplayer since Splatoon 2, I think.

I finally watched Batman. Loved it. Really shows how basic Nolan was, he takes this interesting idea and executes it in some boring and superficial way

Love the film's visuals, loved the acting, the villain, the story, Alfred, disliked the soundtrack (a lot)

Michael Giacchino can you stop sucking, for a single film please? Whens the last time you composed something great? With Ratatouille 15 years ago?
I have mized thoughts on Nolan. I love Inception and like Tenet. Don't like his Batman films though. If I had to rank the live action Batman movies:

1. Batman (1989)
2. Batman Returns
3. Batman Forever
4. The Batman (2022)
5. Batman: The Movie (1966)
6. Batman and Robin
7. Batman Begins
8. The Dark Knight
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Batman vs. Superman

The first 5 movies are all great/awesome movies and are well worth watching. Batman and Robin is a huge dropoff from the earlier movies but it's an amusing fever dream to watch, that said it's a better movie than the Nolan trilogy. I don't share in the praise so many give for the Nolans. That said as bad as the Nolan movies are I could at least finish them, Batman vs. Superman was awful and I just couldn't do it. Especially since that story had been told already so well in World's Finest (the 3 parter from Superman The Animated Series that was sometimes edited as a tv Movie).

On a whim I bought a new 3DS LL from Japan on eBay.

"Eh I just want to enjoy my 3DS games on a bigger screen, I hope this'll be worth it."

Ended up with a pristine dual IPS unit, so here I am with what I think is Nintendo's best Virtual Console machine, loaded up with every 2D Zelda, Pokemon romhacks and Symphony of the Night. There goes my productivity.

I don’t think this is that uncommon an opinion. FF is a reliably enjoyable series but if you’re into JRPGs I’d argue there’s a ton of more interesting options.

FF Tactics Advance is indeed the second best FF game, only below original FF Tactics.

I’ll definitely need to do a re-read to refresh myself. It’s been like 8 years since I touched the books and my most recent ASOIAF-related memory is the awful final season of the TV series.
There's also a new book coming out, but it's more of a "world-builder" than a Dunk & Egg spin-off or, you know, the actual sixth book.

My backlog consists of one (1) game starting Tuesday. I generally stopped buying games before I actually have time to play them.

Until the day Square decide to release FF1-6 Pixel Remasters on consoles all at once, I doubt I will manage to build up a noteworthy backlog again.

My backlog is thicc. Currently playing Forgotten Lands. Then jumping in (2nd try) for Breath of the Wild. I also have Skyward Sword, FF7,8,9,10,12, DQ1,2,3,11 and some other games. I'm good for a long time :)
I’m still riding the high of finishing Kirby, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I think I’m gonna play Triangle Strategy next and 13 Sentinels after that.

My Switch backlog consists of SMTV, Chrono Cross, Skyward Sword HD, Eastward, Valkyria Chronicles, The Great Ace Attorney 2 and Monster Hunter Rise.... I'm doomed.

My Switch backlog consists of SMTV, Chrono Cross, Skyward Sword HD, Eastward, Valkyria Chronicles, The Great Ace Attorney 2 and Monster Hunter Rise.... I'm doomed.

MHR will probably go back into my rotation shortly before Sunbreak. I have finished the game but I’ve barely touched the event quests. Should serve as a good warm up.

This could be fun on sale… at some point here I’m going to buy one of these Yuri games https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/oshirabu-waifus-over-husbandos-plus-loveordie-switch/

My backlog consists of one (1) game starting Tuesday. I generally stopped buying games before I actually have time to play them.

Until the day Square decide to release FF1-6 Pixel Remasters on consoles all at once, I doubt I will manage to build up a noteworthy backlog again.
That’s my rule for first party… third party has been building on sales for when my budget is slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom