• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOou_9jXMAsD3yq

I'm free

I'm finally free

Late replying, but I am physical whenever possible. I enjoy collecting games just as much as I enjoy playing them.
Appreciate the late reply! I do enjoy collecting as well… That has been me with Gameboy games more than anything lately. Can get pricey at times more recently, but love the physical collection and flipping through my cartridges.

Just pre-bought Forgotten Land on the E-Shop. I like to go physical most of the time, but I had a bunch of gold points just sitting there and decided to save some money.

I hate it so much how often I get booted off those From servers in Elden Ring. I make good progress and it's like "connection with the server is lost. You are returned to the title screen".

FUCK THAT man. It's so often. and it only happens in Souls games :(

aLwInHc.jpg

I think this might be the first time I get a game in advance of release. And obviously it's on a day when I cant play the game ;P

I got Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon a day early on Saturday (back when Nintendo released their games on Sundays) Ok so I was at Pax East and Nintendo was selling the game a day early at their booth so it wasn't a surprise but I'm still counting it anyway!

I got Scott Pilgrim on blu-ray a day or two before release back in the early days of Amazon. Video game adjacent, at least.

I'm almost ready to release the ST for Kirby. Does anyone know how to align images on this site? As in, can you center an image on the middle of the screen and not the left side?

I think I'm gonna try my hand at making a game again. Feeling that creative itch quite a bit lately.
hell yeah become one with the abyss

I code and design for my day job but I’m still squeaking up the unity learning curve to make my itty bitty GrΓΆgol demo by the end of the year

hell yeah become one with the abyss

I code and design for my day job but I’m still squeaking up the unity learning curve to make my itty bitty GrΓΆgol demo by the end of the year
I feel like I'm pretty decent at game design but I can't code or art for the life of me. So basically I just use free premade assets and get by with ue4 blueprints until I'm sufficiently dismayed at the progress I've made and forget to keep trying.

Anybody playing MK8DX online tonight?

My Internet connection is fine but I've only managed to finish 2 races in 40 minutes because of repeated errors. Turned the game off and gave up on it. I've never had issues that bad with Kart online.

I'm almost ready to release the ST for Kirby. Does anyone know how to align images on this site? As in, can you center an image on the middle of the screen and not the left side?
Yup, just like text, you can center images by highlighting the image and then clicking the center alignment option. The images I posted in the OP of this thread were centered that way.

Since it needs to be said a third time, saying that the Final Fantasy name has a lot of expectations and baggage doesn't hold much water considering the range of games from crappy mobile games to spinoffs such as World of Final Fantasy to mainline games that use the Final Fantasy branding. I'll be honest, the people making this argument probably don't know much about the broader Final Fantasy franchise over the past 20 years.

I'm not saying that the Asano games should be numbered FF games. But you can call the Bravely Default series something like Final Fantasy Bravely. It's not even a far out there concept considering that the BD series originated from a Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light. BD games are already FF games in all but title. For all the unneeded "baggage" people say Team Asano doesn't need, they sure to happily take on that baggage.
You're not really putting up much of an argument on why Team Asano's games should be branded as Final Fantasy titles outside of Bravely Default's spiritual predecessor bring a FF spinoff. Sure BD takes some elements from early FF games (mainly FFV), but after three games it pretty clearly has its own separate identity from what FF used to be and what it is today. Then there's Octopath Traveler which takes more inspiration from Live A Live and despite the isometric perspective Triangle Strategy is nothing like FFT. There's no doubt that Team Asano takes inspiration from past games during development, but I feel that they put enough of their own unique spin on these genres that there is no reason to lump them into the Final Fantasy umbrella.

Is there a Target near your location?
the only target near me is the one on my back after ripping up and blacking out local anti-vax and anti-queer flyers whilst the faschy dads posting them roam unchecked

and all the other targets on my back for myriad reasons amusing and awful

Kong of War

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO!!!!
love a grizzled Donkey Kong avec blood-soaked past telling the Diddy he doesn’t know how to relate to not to be sorry, but to be better

Just got home with my copy of Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

Popped in my Switch; how refreshing for a game to just immediately boot up without having to wait on a day one patch!

Gonna play through a bit after breakfast, so excited I swear my brain's lit up like a Christmas tree.

Just got home with my copy of Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

Popped in my Switch; how refreshing for a game to just immediately boot up without having to wait on a day one patch!

Gonna play through a bit after breakfast, so excited I swear my brain's lit up like a Christmas tree.
Definitely the thing I like the most about physical Switch games. I don't buy physical often, but it comes in handy on road trips.

Someone give me their Paramount + account so I can see how good or bad this Halo TV show is. I'm not giving my money to Paramount after they abandoned Kings Dominion. How am I supposed to enjoy a roller coaster without the Scooby Doo branding?

If you've watched Killing Eve you've probably heard one of their songs, but if not...

(personal favourite)

P.S. They're a Swedish electronic duo...

OH THAT RED MECCA

you better believe I’ve watched Killing Eve
and deeply curse the name of whoever’s responsible for season four being so absolutely bad?! and derailing all character motivations and logic?? and the editing is suddenly just… horrible?? and the writing???? how the fuck??? I mean probably at least partially COVID but oh my god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom