• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo switch 3 & Knuckles
NlzhFHN.jpg

thinkin about skyrocketing house prices and bummed

what's up? how's everyone else doing?
Dunno where you are in the world, but I know that feel. As a single man with a pretty okay income in the Netherlands I’m absolutely fudged. I can’t get anything for like under € 300,000… even with my student loans out of the way. At this point I can only afford a very nice garagebox.

Sigh

Rough week with fatigue, but moving ahead with prep for my move to the US and enjoying the late stages of my first Triangle Strategy playthrough.

hey sell me your home for less than 800,000 canadian dollars lmao
That's actually more than I paid for this last year, though a lot apparently has changed in a year because similar houses in my area are going for like 20% above that now.

That's actually more than I paid for this last year, though a lot apparently has changed in a year because similar houses in my area are going for like 20% above that now.
It's wild. I don't mean to wish you any house-cost related misfortune or anything but I do hope something can happen/the bubble will burst/whatever to bring the prices down to a somewhat affordable level.

Honestly buying a house is as alien a concept to me as becoming the Elden Lord in the new hit game, Elden Ring.

Nah but seriously I have been consumed by Elden Ring. Gran Turismo? More like Gran Turisno. Horizon Forbidden West? More like Horizon Forbidden Game. There is only Elden Ring.

(It's actually been pretty nice to have a game I can sink so much time into :p)

thinkin about how I spent the past seven years working and fighting to make/save enough money to buy a house and finally actually met a major milestone this year only to have house prices skyrocket out of my achieved range so uh, I'm doing also bummed 😅👍

thinkin about how I spent the past seven years working and fighting to make/save enough money to buy a house and finally actually met a major milestone this year only to have house prices skyrocket out of my achieved range so uh, I'm doing also bummed 😅👍
Yeah, that's basically where I'm at. The goalposts are moving away faster than I can save. It's depressing. At least we have video games!

ANYWAY SORRY I didn't mean to bring the mood down

KIRBY IS NEXT WEEK BABYYYYY I cannot WAIT for that game
I was hospitalized this weekend (long story, I'm fine now) and had to take off work this week and boy Kirby next week is gonna be something real special.

Apollo Justice is purchased for 3DS. It's downloading now. Should be done by the time I'm finished with the Great Ace Attorney escapades in a few days. Really, people complain about Switch digital purchasing. Switch is BT Infinity compared to the 3DS's crusty dial-up.

I had to go to the Nintendo website to make the purchase, which is not a big deal, but it begs the question. I get why Nintendo wouldn't want to keep supporting 3DS eShop for actual financial transactions. But since you'll still be able to redownload games you already own, why not keep it possible to use the website, with the unified payment infrastructure and leave the 3DS app for just downloading?

I just found out a house across the street from me sold for about $320k (USD). And, don't get me wrong, I like the neighborhood well enough, but it's not exactly a nice neighborhood. I'm pretty sure there's a crack house nearby, and we get notices of sex offenders moving in several times a week. So yeah, doesn't scream "$320k house" to me.

Had a headache free day today, watched some tv and played more triangle strategy

I also got something really cool coming in the mail Friday. It’s not a video game, but it’s video game related. Something I think you all will like to see

tunic getting amazing reviews!

God, if I still had my Xbox on me, I'd definitely be getting it. Crossing my fingers it goes multiplatform after a year or so

I bought 2 years ago, when everyone said I should wait for the bubble to burst. Then Corona and now the war in Europe happened. That loan will get cheaper each year with the coming inflation.

tunic getting amazing reviews!

Woah. Might get it on Steam after Kirby

So picking up a new game today as I just finished Chicory last night. Great game BTW, but the controls can be awkward as hell.

So time for a new game! Help me decide.

Disco Elysium or Triangle Strategy!?
Triangle Strategy easily! C'mon @Clix, did you really need to ask.

Oh no, us p Bandai is getting new stock and reprints, my wallet is in danger, especially if they get more Sirbine or L-Gaim mk 2 stock

So was at Target and saw the AC: Happy Home download card for sale for 24.99.

I thought you couldn’t buy it standalone and it was only for the expansion pass? Huh. Didn’t know that.
Triangle Strategy easily! C'mon @Clix, did you really need to ask.

Ha! Could use a a good trpg to hold me over and fill the gap left behind by Fire Emblem!

This week has been kind of overwhelming in terms of video games for me. Got the Mario Kart DLC tomorrow, PS5 Paradise Killer today, and I also finally got my KO Edition of Scott Pilgrim vs The World today. Still waiting on the vinyl soundtrack though.

Well, for the first time since 2019 I have just signed up to go back into classroom mentoring.

The pandemic set my progress against my OCD back several years, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified still, but I feel like it's time I faced this fear and got back to doing my job in person. Online teaching is an okay stopgap but I've found you just can't connect as well over zoom as you can face to face.

This is a huge step for me, but I feel like with all the stuff I've been through before, I can handle this.

Gonna need a lot of video game therapy to de-stress afterwards, but with Kirby, 13 Sentinels, Zombie Army 4, and Sunbreak coming up, it looks like I've have plenty of glorious escapism to charge my batteries.

If only Capcom could announce crossplay for MH Rise... Don't understand why it's so complicated.

Paradise Killer is on the Gamepass ???
Tunic, GotG, The Nonary Games, Paradise Killer, Weird West and Kentucky Route Zero in the same month ??

Staff Communication
Staff Communication

Please check out this thread for a future event.

Last edited:
I was unsure but was weak, gave in and got HG Fawn Farsia and Phantom Gundam(what can I say I like garish paint jobs) before they ran out of stock on US P-Bandai(which was like a minute on the latter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom