• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the trilogy contains the first three games, which were originally released on GBA from 2001 to 2004. These games were planned as a trilogy. A few years later they made AA4, which is titled Apollo Justice overseas, and then after a big gap they continued the mainline series on 3DS with Ace Attorney 5 (Dual Destinies) and 6 (Spirit of Justice). All games include Phoenix Wright, but AA4-6 also focus on other new characters.

Basically the same, but they remade the UI on Switch and ironed out a few visual issues and typos.
Awesome! Thanks 👍

Just played through Links Awakening again. I was watching the end sequence and it just occurred to me-
Why does the Wind Fish look like a whale. Surely it should be the Wind Mammal.
I must have played this through a dozen times as a kid and somehow it’s never occurred to me until now. :D

Just played through Links Awakening again. I was watching the end sequence and it just occurred to me-
I must have played this through a dozen times as a kid and somehow it’s never occurred to me until now. :D
whale is a kind of fish in the bible

that's because whales are fish. Big Biology has been pulling the wool over our eyes. 👁️

After hours upon hours of Elden Ring, I'm planning a wholesome night of watching Turning Red while tending to my Animal Crossing town.

for the past few years, there's been indie showcases in march/april, august (around gamescom), and in december. the first one is not as locked as the other two to a specific month.

Watch out! Margit appears in both of those, too!
lol

Talking about Margit, one thing I didn't understand was how (late game Elden Ring spoilers)
I killed both Margit and Morgott and yet I could still fight him in his Margit form just outside the capital for some reason. Could it be a bug?

Gonna move the schedule up a bit here, and post the results for pricing game #2 right now and then post pricing game #3 in about an hour, since the thread is a bit slowish right now.

If you guessed green beans, Toblerone, and salted butter, you win! That's both @Barely Able and @Party Sklar!

Hope you all know how you price trips, as the third and final pricing game will involve some travelling!

Are we expecting an Indie world this month? And then next presentations around June? (Both Pokemon direct and Nintendo "E3" direct?)
My expectation is for the first half of 2022 is:

march-april: spring indie world (hopefully this week)
may: splatoon 3 direct
june: pokémon presentation, E3 direct

I believe I haven't seen it. But do we have a dedicated rumour/leak topic on Famiboards? Call me Kamek if I am blind

Look what I got

IMG_0268.jpg

Pretty tight 13 months. Tho games were a tiny bit easier to make back in that era compared to now. Still, very efficient.

Tho the end results shows when it has absolutely no content. It’s like Mario Tennis Wii U, only this one is amazingly fun to play.

Back in that generation, devs were able to put out Jack and Ratchet games every single year. New Mario Party every year. Several Mega Man games a year. Now it takes a single indie dev 4+ years to make a Mega Man homage. We got a new Metroid Prime every two years. It was definitely a lot faster to make games back then.

lol

Talking about Margit, one thing I didn't understand was how (late game Elden Ring spoilers)
I killed both Margit and Morgott and yet I could still fight him in his Margit form just outside the capital for some reason. Could it be a bug?
Haven't gotten to far yet. Just got to Lyndell.

I probably won't be watching the show anytime soon but I'm curious on how the Halo TV show will turn off. Early reviews are looking...eh.

On the topic of Nintendo, if they ever get back into doing more multimedia stuff for their properties, I hope they don't go all in on live action stuff. People always talk about their disappoint of not getting a live action Zelda show or movie but that idea never excited me at all. When I think of Zelda, I don't think Lord of the Rings. I think of something more whimsical, more story book. A Goron would look fine in a hand drawn animation. No amount of high budget CG and makeup is going to make a realistic Goron not look stupid.

Metroid would probably be the best property to make live action but even then, the purple pterosaur and giant lizard would probably need a bit of a design touch up to really work in live action. I think the live action Halo stuff that has been released in the past really suffer from tying to make the Covenant aliens seem real. They never do.

They did new Trademarks for the Golden Sun games but nothing has come out of it yet.
New trademarks almost always mean nothing. I think there was like one or two times where a series got a game that happened to have been trademarked soon before, but there are so many examples where it didn’t happen that it’s not important.

Well I’m happy, finally found a local place that carried white miso paste, looking forward to messing with it again

Is it a time change that leaves my brain in a constant state of fuzzy lurch, or burn-out from work? 🤔

I'm thinking I missed a whole lot of everything and nothing. Hope everyone is doing well, though. Played some more Arceus last night and was able to get my Pokedex just that touch closer to completion. Finally caught my own Kleavor thanks to a massive mass outbreak of Scyther in Obsidian Fieldlands.

Is it a time change that leaves my brain in a constant state of fuzzy lurch, or burn-out from work? 🤔

I'm thinking I missed a whole lot of everything and nothing. Hope everyone is doing well, though. Played some more Arceus last night and was able to get my Pokedex just that touch closer to completion. Finally caught my own Kleavor thanks to a massive mass outbreak of Scyther in Obsidian Fieldlands.
Had a minor headache this morning that stuck for a while.

I haven’t played today but I did start triangle strategy over the weekend and really liking it so far

Seeing how short supplied the PS5/Series X are and seeing how its only going to get worse makes me feel both happy I got two PS5's (One for a family friend) while feeling sad a few people I know IRL can't find one.

And I can't tell them its going to get better.

Seeing how short supplied the PS5/Series X are and seeing how its only going to get worse makes me feel both happy I got two PS5's (One for a family friend) while feeling sad a few people I know IRL can't find one.

And I can't tell them its going to get better.
I still don’t know how I got lucky with both my PS5 and Series x.

I finally experienced a full-blown, screaming at the top of their lungs stomping their feet throwing toys tantrum.

All because I told my kid to try and use the bathroom.

In my country we only got 75 PS5 last week (Spain) its impossible to get a PS5 and all are sold under bundles (which are 800€/875$) so not only its almost impossible to get if you get one you have to pay almost minimum wage to buy a PS5 (bundles usually come with 1/2 ps5 games and one extra controller+headphones)

I finally experienced a full-blown, screaming at the top of their lungs stomping their feet throwing toys tantrum.

All because I told my kid to try and use the bathroom.
"But daaaaaad you don't get it! I want to stay here and wet my pants instead. And then throw a tantrum because THAT happened! You don't let me do ANYTHING fun."

Constantly looking online and having alerts set up everywhere (Its how I got them lol)
I got extremely lucky and happened to be browsing Era and checked the "PS5 Preorder Thread" literally three minutes after the Amazon preorders went live. But if I hadn't been? I can't even imagine. As much as I want a Switch Pro I kind of dread the whole preorder debacle that's going to happen because of it.

Should find out this week if my job transfer request is going to go though. I'd be going from around $2k a month to upwards of $4k-$5k (I work at a resort).

I got extremely lucky and happened to be browsing Era and checked the "PS5 Preorder Thread" literally three minutes after the Amazon preorders went live. But if I hadn't been? I can't even imagine. As much as I want a Switch Pro I kind of dread the whole preorder debacle that's going to happen because of it.
I kinda hope that too, if only to save money from the onslaught of new titles this year.

Pricing Game #3
Its time for the third and final pricing game, and of course, this being a forum full of Nintendo fans, I had to pick the one game that shares its name with a Nintendo console; Switch?

Switch-Prize1.png
Switch-Prize2.png

On the left, we have a trip to Rome, Italy, round trip first class from Los Angeles, 6 nights in a luxury hotel, a rental car, and all meals included at $4,679.
On the right, we have a trip to Tokyo, Japan, round trip first class from Los Angeles, 6 nights in a luxury hotel, a rental car, and all meals included at $5,269.

The question; are the prices correct, or should we switch them?
Thanks for a wonderful first two weeks of March, everyone! Time is certainly flying by, and it's been real fun "hosting" this thread.

Anyone know if rune factory 4 was good?
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was my only foray into the farming sim genre but I thought it was super charming and the RPG elements were pretty fun.

Pretty excited for RF5 when I get the chance to play it

Some new gameplay details for AI Nirvana.

Not going to read because I want to go in blind as as possible.

One of my most anticipated games of the year, I played AI the somnium files in December and it was one of the best things I've ever experienced.
For NirvanA initiative I even hesitated to buy the collector's edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom