• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so knowing that people do care a bit when the whole world at the governmental and individual level is a chorus of “then perish” — down to the creeps in our hall who wanna be weird and aggro and confrontational about us wearing masks when it’s literally still required and the bare minimum — yeah, knowing someone gives a shit is always welcome
This angers me greatly; I will never understand how anyone could refuse the simple act of wearing a mask so vehemently. I hope you and your partner do fine in the days t

TOKYO – March 17, 2022 – Publisher CREST INC announced today that its popular sci-fi rogue-lite Metallic Child will release its first two DLCs “Of Rice and Cores” and “Kokorowa” on March 31th. The DLC will feature a cross-over with Edelweiss’ Japanese-style action game Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin and will feature exclusive weapons, character and stage customizations bringing the world of Sakuna into the battlefield of Metallic Child. Both DLCs will be available for purchase on both Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam for $7.99.

“Of Rice and Cores” DLC brings the world of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin to Metallic Child by introducing the “Raiment of Harvest and Valor” customization which allows players to play as protagonist Sakuna equipped with an exclusive weapon, “Combat Hoe.” This weapon features a new system in which the skill attack changes depending on the skill gauge level. When the “Raiment of Harvest and Valor” is equipped, Mini-cores left by defeated robots and HP cans turn into onigiri (rice-balls). The “Kokorowa” DLC brings Sakuna’s friend, Kokorowa with her own exclusive weapon with the skill gauge system.

More information about the new DLC and other updates can be found here!

In addition to this, a major update will release bringing new customizations, weapons, a new stage, and combat settings including:

■The New Combat Setting: “Advanced” The Advanced combat setting will be available after clearing the main story. In the Basic setting, new enemies only arrive after all the current ones have been defeated. In the Advanced setting, reinforcements will arrive while there are enemies still left, leaving no time for players to catch their breath during battle. In return, skill attacks will increase in effectiveness.

■A New Challenge: The Bottomless Labs There was more to Terminal Creed to discover. In the Bottomless Labs, players will battle against an endless onrush of enemies to gain points until Rona becomes immobilized.

■New Customizations as Rewards When all stages are cleared in the Advanced setting, the Custom, OVERTURN, will become available. With OVERTURN equipped, the exclusive weapon, Gatling Fists, will be equipped at the start of the stage. When players obtain 2000 points or more in the Bottomless Labs, the Custom, SMASHING THE BATTLE, will become available. With SMASHING THE BATTLE equipped, an will be in possession at the start of the stage, allowing players to be revived just once.

8 DAYS!

giphy.gif

Real talk:

I bought Sekiro like over a year ago but between it being (allegedly) punishingly difficult, the fact that I don't usually have that much time to spend staring at my TV (which would probably make me restart it a few times) and my backlog I haven't started it yet, always telling myself it's not the right time and that maybe next weekend/next month I'll have some time to sit down and play.

Right now, it's staring at me from my IKEA shelf like it's taunting me. Like it knows I'm never going to play it. So I'm wondering if and when it's the right time. Does that thing even exist? Should I just jump in? Is there a better way to start it? Have any of you ever had something like this happen?

Real talk:

I bought Sekiro like over a year ago but between it being (allegedly) punishingly difficult, the fact that I don't usually have that much time to spend staring at my TV (which would probably make me restart it a few times) and my backlog I haven't started it yet, always telling myself it's not the right time and that maybe next weekend/next month I'll have some time to sit down and play.

Right now, it's staring at me from my IKEA shelf like it's taunting me. Like it knows I'm never going to play it. So I'm wondering if and when it's the right time. Does that thing even exist? Should I just jump in? Is there a better way to start it? Have any of you ever had something like this happen?
look

there’s almost never a right time for anything, all you can do is take a leap and hope, and if things don’t go as planned, pick another direction and / or try again

I mean there are certainly wrong times, but uh, there’s a balance of chaos and consideration to weigh against those

sometimes chaos will take you far

this is all sus life advice that has little to do with Sekiro but I’d say fuckin’ go for it

lol update I don’t know why I said “if they remove the mask mandate”

they’re literally removing it monday

rip ✌️

I think they’re out somewhere because people are already uploading footage to Youtube and Twitter.
link ussssss I need a fat rip of that kart kontent even though it’s literally out tomorrow

also my first instinct was to say “gimme da goods gorebag” but I have zero basis for calling you (or anyone) a “gorebag”

the abyss speaks through me, I guess

link ussssss I need a fat rip of that kart kontent even though it’s literally out tomorrow

also my first instinct was to say “gimme da goods gorebag” but I have zero basis for calling you (or anyone) a “gorebag”

Come to the MK8D BCP DLC |ST|, we got the goods you're looking for starting on page 5. 👀

Mario Kart has this I don't know what. I've been playing the series since SNES and I still get mad hype whenever new (or even remastered) content gets released.

Nintendo fans have been eating pretty good lately tbh. A new and ambitious Pokémon game, NSO finally delivering content at a decent pace, one of the most packed Directs ever, Kirby goes 3D, and 48 god damn tracks in Mario Kart each with their own orchestrated remix. Sure you can nitpick their actions all day, but the last 3 months have been a great time to own a Switch.

When the Amico was announced, I obviously knew it wouldn't be a success and barely would get a niche audience (would end like a quirk little note in the Wikipedia page about the console generation), but having an exclusive Earthworm Jim game (this before I learned about shitty the creator of the series is, and long before gave up this having any chance of ever releasing lol) had me at least intrigued.. but now this is pass the joke status and is just an ugly and obvious money laundrying scheme. They're not even pretending anymore.

The comparisons I saw with the Zeebo on the SSFF video comments isn't even fair, since at very least Tec-Toy had actually good intentions.
If the Zeebo can say anything, it at least came out.

We don't even know if the Amico will see a release at this point lol

Finished Triangle Strategy in time to enjoy new Kart content and take another crack at Expert mode in F Zero X.

Woop woop

What's more my grinding for conviction likely broke the game a little so I can shoot for the 2 non Golden Route endings from my save at the 31 hour mark. Had a grand old time with it, though I get easily frustrated with games thanks to chronic fatigue these days giving me time-wasting anxiety and also general irritability woop woop

Very dramatic moment full of suffering

"eh, that's Dunban over there"

lol

Cashed out my expiring platinum points and got the Mario 64/Ocarina set along with a sweet sweet Piplup phone ring while I was there

Being an adult means that I don't have to eat the crust on my peanut butter and jelly sandwich if I don't want to, MOM! 😤

Last edited:
Nintendo fans have been eating pretty good lately tbh. A new and ambitious Pokémon game, NSO finally delivering content at a decent pace, one of the most packed Directs ever, Kirby goes 3D, and 48 god damn tracks in Mario Kart each with their own orchestrated remix. Sure you can nitpick their actions all day, but the last 3 months have been a great time to own a Switch.
I still haven't got what I wanted... Another new IP. Switch's new first party IP game has been pretty pathetic. Excluding casual/gimmicky software we have had two so far: Arms and Astral Chain. We need more. A lot more.

But I'm feeling it. This E3, Nintendo's big reveal will be a new IP.

I still haven't got what I wanted... Another new IP. Switch's new first party IP game has been pretty pathetic. Excluding casual/gimmicky software we have had two so far: Arms and Astral Chain. We need more. A lot more.

But I'm feeling it. This E3, Nintendo's big reveal will be a new IP.

As a Star Fox fan, hope springing eternally is all I got for now, as well~!

As much as it delights me so much that Samus looks to have her future for the next few years set in a good way, I can only hope that moves are already being made to see Nintendo's other sci-fi series will also be taken care of.

Orioto used to be active on Era (and I think GAF) but stopped posting his artwork because it was considered self promotion. I follow his stuff on Facebook and he's still making really nice art

275292270_10159691719771422_8821554469907700342_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some good news. My cool thing I planned to share arrived a day early. Annoyingly, despite the big fragile handle with care sticker, the mail lady shoved it in the mail box. At least it wasn't ruined by that but that kind of shit annoys me

I am on the final chapter in triangle strategy. Once I'm done with that I plan to shoe what I got

Orioto used to be active on Era (and I think GAF) but stopped posting his artwork because it was considered self promotion. I follow his stuff on Facebook and he's still making really art

275292270_10159691719771422_8821554469907700342_n.jpg
Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time…. Glad to hear they’re still making art ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom