• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
falling short in time trials or in general races? either one is less due to stats and more due to your racing line/luck. getting the absolute best times require you to damn near fall off the track.
Online races, but yeah I know it’s largely down to luck with items and such, but even in stretches without items I feel unable to keep up sometimes so I figure that’s likely just a weakness of my build. I’m sure it ultimately doesn’t matter too much, though, yeah.

ONE DAY LEFT

ht5CZ0L.gif

I always pick the standard kart in Mario Kart no matter who I race as. I like the feel enough already to want to mess with it.

And just before release, the graphics in the first post have been edited to reflect the new Coconut Mall render. Looks a lot brighter!
I always pick the standard kart in Mario Kart no matter who I race as. I like the feel enough already to want to mess with it.
Can't go wrong with a classic! Probably helps that the MK8 Standard Kart looks the best out of all of them besides maybe the pipe frame.

Online races, but yeah I know it’s largely down to luck with items and such, but even in stretches without items I feel unable to keep up sometimes so I figure that’s likely just a weakness of my build. I’m sure it ultimately doesn’t matter too much, though, yeah.
Taking the corners very scharp and optimizen your driftboost are also very important and in 200cc the real pro's take shortcuts with only the driftboosts

Quoted by: Tye
I have a very dumb question:
Yesterday I prepared a tournament for my family and I to play over the Internet.

If you are alone in the lobby, no race will start right?
From how many participants does this work? Two?

kinda surprised there's no goodies hiding in the update, just UI changes to accommodate the new cups

i wasn't expecting anything big because i'm sure they would've announced it beforehand, but it's just kinda weird that it's nothing at all

kinda surprised there's no goodies hiding in the update, just UI changes to accommodate the new cups

i wasn't expecting anything big because i'm sure they would've announced it beforehand, but it's just kinda weird that it's nothing at all
Waiting for datamines to see if there's stuff under the hood.

I ordered a copy of MK8DX last week expecting it to have shown up by today, but Amazon is telling me Tuesday. Guess I'll be listening to music rips this weekend.

Did they just happen to get queued in it online ?? Weird

Looks great aside from some low poly counts!

It's possible that someone they matched with has a homebrew Switch and was able to select it. OR, the servers are indeed picking new tracks. (Likely the first one though). Either way, looks like you can play before the actual launch.

Taking the corners very scharp and optimizen your driftboost are also very important and in 200cc the real pro's take shortcuts with only the driftboosts
I know, I’m not new to the game or series by any means, but I never really looked into the “meta” so I never realized that mini-turbo was so important in MK8D (and they don’t even show you that stat in-game…), and I think my build being a bit lacking there has probably been an issue. =P
Bad news @Tye, the Miis got replaced by Shy Guys.

Aww… Oh well.

Bad news @Tye, the Miis got replaced by Shy Guys.

I think what they're doing is replacing the textures on the lower poly Tour tracks, which does make them look a lot better. If they used trees from their other beach tracks it would have looked even closer to MK8D quality.

Okay the music is definitely the most hype thing about this.

Is the Tokyo theme a remix of Neo Bowser City? Kind of sounds like it.

I think what they're doing is replacing the textures on the lower poly Tour tracks, which does make them look a lot better. If they used trees from their other beach tracks it would have looked even closer to MK8D quality.

They are already MK8D quality. Not every track in MK8 is built of the same quality, tracks like SNES Rainbow Road for example look worse than any track in this DLC pack.

They are already MK8D quality. Not every track in MK8 is built of the same quality, tracks like SNES Rainbow Road for example look worse than any track in this DLC pack.

I disagree, SNES Rainbow Road doesn't looks worse just because it's made out of blocks, it's very pretty and detailed.

There's a clear difference between the courses of the booster pack and the rest of the courses, they're not ugly by any means but they're not as gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom