• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happening from the power up screen. Resolution settings are only 'automatic' and '480p' in the system settings.
So uh it's fine now except I have a dead pixel on my TV??? At least it's a cheap thing I've had for 8 years.

Great Ace Attorney is finished and now I feel lonely.

Apollo Justice is the "next" game after Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations?

Is it better getting it on Android or 3DS?

Quoted by: ze_
I know is too soon but I wonder what Nintendo is planning SW wise for 2023 , it seems to me like outside a couple of IPs (DK being the bigger one) most expected IPs have already got their expected releases or getting them . So what 2023 has for us? Prime 4 seems the only lock, but after that we only have speculation and rumors like the rumored 3D new DK game or the new 2D zelda by grezzo ,outside that I can't think of anything and that's something I'm really hyped about

Nintendo Swolphin
rvfw1mlm48351.jpg

Was going to say, but did not want to com off as offensive. I have noticed it is a very North American mindset when it comes to narrative storytelling, especially in games.
This is definitely possible. I know like in novel writing and TV/movies, for example, western markets are so used to the 3-act structure/Hollywood formula/etc. that other forms of storytelling that don’t fit those story beats and patterns are often perceived as ‘having bad pacing/the ending didn’t land/something feels off’ and so on.

Oh, I agree with you that there's many ways to make the game easier, but it's still not an easy mode. Most people, the ones who buy two or three games a year and bought Elden Ring from all the hype, they don't know that. When you have to watch YouTube videos or read articles to know how to make the game easier, when even the "easy mode" is by design hard or obtuse to activate, most people won't stick around. Especially not disabled people who'd like to play the game and can't toggle some accessibility options to make it more suitable to them (there was a mod for Sekiro that slowed down the enemies, it would be nice to have something of this nature implemented in the next Souls game just so everyone who wants to play it can do so).
it’s a little obtuse but it isn’t hard to get those things — by the third site of grace you find, you get access to all of those things and a fancy horse — and the tutorial takes you across two sites

I definitely feel like having the option available would be handy for sure, and there’s lots about core accessibility that could be improved

but I also believe the core design of it has a lot of organic accessibility, even with its faults, and that they greatly considered that in the design

I also think (and I was talking with my disabled partner about this previously) that some of the outrage and blowback for this game has been couching criticism and normal, healthy dislike in “because it’s not accessible!!” language… despite some of those people not really giving a holistic shit about disabled people or disability

obviously a lot of the critique is valid and worth discussing, but there seems to be a disconnect between popular discussion of it by those who don’t like it and what some disabled people (not a monolith, of course) would actually find helpful

here’s an article by a disabled person that gets into a bunch of things that could be improved, but also talks about all the things we’re finding in the game that make it a lot easier to handle than other souls games

It's been over a month since the Direct and it's still not September yet with the release of Xenoblade 3. What the hell Nintendo?

I know is too soon but I wonder what Nintendo is planning SW wise for 2023 , it seems to me like outside a couple of IPs (DK being the bigger one) most expected IPs have already got their expected releases or getting them . So what 2023 has for us? Prime 4 seems the only lock, but after that we only have speculation and rumors like the rumored 3D new DK game or the new 2D zelda by grezzo ,outside that I can't think of anything and that's something I'm really hyped about
I think the 2023 lineup will really depend on how close the Switch Successor actually is. Like if it's late next year or early 2024, I could see them saving a lot of their haeavy hitters (new mainline Mario, cross-gen Prime 4, etc.) for launch window, and having a lighter 2023.

Nate the Hate is the one that started the Nintendo Switch Forward rumors and Direct Feed games is just shooting down those rumors.

Great Ace Attorney is finished and now I feel lonely.

Apollo Justice is the "next" game after Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations?

Is it better getting it on Android or 3DS?
Apollo Justice is Ace Attorney 4, yeah. The 3DS version is more polished I believe, fixing script issues and bugs. On sale atm too, alongside of AA5 and 6.

Fun fact I've just known: Samus Aran's VA for Metroid Dread is the same one as the whole Google suite (Maps, Nest...) In Spanish. So if you turn your language into Spanish you can literally have Samus Aran guiding you to work everyday.

Fun fact I've just know: Samus Aran's VA for Metroid Dread is the same one as the whole Google suite (Maps, Nest...) In Spanish. So if you turn your language into Spanish you can literally have Samus Aran guiding you to work everyday.

Does she scream at you when make a wrong turn?

It can just be a placeholder

But good that Multiversus is coming to actual Switch and there is a mention of a new hardware :)
Yeah that's what I'm assuming. And Nate jumped on it with a super quick "no," so I strongly doubt it's anything but guessing on part of that game's dev. But that's why everyone's talking about "Switch Forward" all of a sudden, at least.

MultiVersus skipping the Switch is one of the most baffling decisions since Kingdom Hearts Cloud Ver.; so there's time to rectify this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom