• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
y8kc1k3grhq11.png

Holy shit, that last post of mine was now old news. They’ll actually be delivering my copy of Kirby tomorrow. Best Buy, you are redeeming yourselves with this

Literally just got that email after my last post complaining that it won’t get here on release day. I need to continue through dying light. Haven’t had the chance today. Was busy with some things

They most likely don't have anything coming to Switch this year and next year MS's acquisition should be complete. The moment it is, MS would have a very thorough cleanup in the company.
That depends on the credibility of the person starting the rumor I read.

There is an alternate dimension where Musou games are insanely popular and kids skip classes en masse whenever a new entry releases

Breath of Duality isn't the worst BoTW2 subtitle I've heard, I wouldn't mind seeing it

Like, I don't think it'll be the actual subtitle but it's not terrible
counterpoint: it is

what does it mean? like hold it in your mind as a title, close your eyes, and think about what it means

open your eyes

open your eyes

𝔦𝔱’𝔰 𝔞 𝔟𝔬𝔵 𝔬𝔣 𝔣𝔲𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤

counterpoint: it is

what does it mean? like hold it in your mind as a title, close your eyes, and think about what it means

open your eyes

open your eyes

𝔦𝔱’𝔰 𝔞 𝔟𝔬𝔵 𝔬𝔣 𝔣𝔲𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤

See, maybe I'm just jaded from years of poor BoTW2 subtitles, but this is at least better than Breath of the Darkness, which is admittedly the sole metric by which I judge fake BoTW2 titles

all of this is to say that Zelda titles usually do actually mean something

Even though it's kind of gotten lost in the Elden Ring hype I'm looking forward to playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands this weekend. Borderlands 3 was my most played game last-gen behind Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Okay I'm gonna be sincere about the Zelda title thing for a second. This has no chance of being true, I know, but I like it.

There was a "leaked" list of games Nintendo were slated to show at E3 in 2016 making the rounds prior to the event. One of those things where someone took a photo of the printed list to make it look "legit." And it had a supposed preliminary title for BotW, which in hindsight I kinda thought could have maybe been a working title back before the massive physics-based open-air approach was adopted (remember in interviews Aonuma admitted BotW was quite far along in design/dev when some team members came up with the idea to implement a physics engine and it fundamentally altered the damn game). That title, which I kinda wondered might have been an early working title referencing King Rhoam's role in the story, was:

The Legend of Zelda: The Unbound King

Again, I'm sure this was total fake-leak 4chan bullshit but my brain got to thinking, what if it actually was an old working title? And what if the team thought to repurpose it, this time referring to the corpse we saw in the first trailer: the motherfuckin King of Thieves? Especially considering this plot seems to revolve around his unbinding?

I know I'm grasping at straws, and that Breath of Duality probably has more of a chance of being true than all this. But damn I like that title.

After a nice nap, I go to listen to something while I make dinner, and the yt homepage is full of "BOTW2 name leak"....

That is the dumbest name ever.

I’ll be picking up my copy of Kirby from GameStop in 90 minutes! So looking forward to this. First Kirby game I’ll have purchased and played since the one on the Nintendo DS where he gets angry because his birthday cake or something was stolen lol

Those Japanese commercials give such a false impression of a Nintendo lifestyle. Where are the scenes of a 30+ year old man hunched over a keyboard complaining about Paper Mario Sticker Star 10 years after it's release? Where are the people complaining about folders and then using them for only a day when they finally get them? Where are the commercials about some guy wasting all day making memes about corporate figure heads instead of actually playing videogames?

The people in these ads seem happy and fun loving. This is absolutely false advertising.

Those Japanese commercials give such a false impression of a Nintendo lifestyle. Where are the scenes of a 30+ year old man hunched over a keyboard complaining about Paper Mario Sticker Star 10 years after it's release? Where are the people complaining about folders and then using them for only a day when they finally get them? Where are the commercials about some guy wasting all day making memes about corporate figure heads instead of actually playing videogames?
where are the people portbegging for Mother 3? 👀

Even though it's kind of gotten lost in the Elden Ring hype I'm looking forward to playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands this weekend. Borderlands 3 was my most played game last-gen behind Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
I'm at least mildly interested, maybe if it can capture the magic of the original Tiny Tina's DLC from BL2, that was excellent. Definitely waiting on reviews though

The people in these ads seem happy and fun loving. This is absolutely false advertising.
*complaining about folders and then shifting to complaining about the implementation once they finally get them

Either I'm seriously misunderstanding the joke Mr_No_U is going for, or you are, or you just went for a very dark joke, because this quote sounds incredibly dark given the context 😂🤣 I'm probably misunderstanding though.
I'm just referring to how with each passing generation stuff that used to be unacceptable to the point of illegality tends to be more accepted by the youth. No darkness intended. 😅

Thanks to the Kirby hype I decided to check out the anime (I’ve never seen it before) earlier and it’s cracking me up. Especially the part where Tiff first hears about the “great warrior Kirby” and so is expecting a handsome knight in armor, and then later finds out what Kirby actually looks like.

It's very fascinating how some fans still held contempt for Paper Mario: Sticker Star even after a decade, as if that's something worth being offended about for life. It got me wondering if anything released starting from the mid 00's and get hated will have such a long running contempt, like how Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was released at the right moment (when Youtube was beginning to experience growth and publicity) that caused it endure a shameful legacy that is continually being perpetuated.

Thank you for reading.

It's very fascinating how some fans still held contempt for Paper Mario: Sticker Star even after a decade, as if that's something worth being offended about for life. It got me wondering if anything released starting from the mid 00's and get hated will have such a long running contempt, like how Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was released at the right moment (when Youtube was beginning to experience growth and publicity) that caused it endure a shameful legacy that is continually being perpetuated.

Thank you for reading.
Ya know, I didn’t hate SS but also never actually beat it. In the end the time I spent with it was enough, and that’s totally fine. It wasn’t until Color Splash was announced that I realized just how much some people hate SS, and it was pretty shocking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom