• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG

GoldenEye discussion... in the year 2022... in this here brand new thread...

what a time this is! Happy life ya'll! 🥳

I don't recognize this thread as being official until it's actually January 1st on the East Coast.
Some of us have young kids and can't stay up until midnight unless they want to only sleep between 3am and 5am so they need to post the thread a bit early
First megaton of the year?
For reference I think this might be the type of discussion that will take place in @Raccoon's upcoming thread once it is posted.

Some of us have young kids and can't stay up until midnight unless they want to only sleep between 3am and 5am so they need to post the thread a bit early

For reference I think this might be the type of discussion that will take place in @Raccoon's upcoming thread once it is posted.
like I said, enjoy the leaks and rumors while you can, skittzo

in less than two hours I'll own the leak market

Happy New Year to those currently in the future. I await 2022 with cautious trepidation. Here's to playing more games, at least!

Here's my time to admit that I never played Goldeneye, but happy new port to Goldeneye.

I was going to make a celebratory drink, and then remembered I'm on keto. Drat!

Happy new year! A couple of proseccos and I’m shattered.

My gaming resolutions are to complain less (or rather focus on the stuff I like, life is too short), and go through my backlog. Currently playing some stuff I got on Steam years ago and trying to play my Vita library before my console and/or memory card shit the bed (already happening I think!). Then it’s time to hit the obscene 3DS, PS4 and Switch backlogs and finally start playing 2022 games in 2030.

I had a sip of red wine 5 days ago then immediately had heartburn that lasted until yesterday so I'm good for alcohol for like a month or so.

“You know what they say, don’t smile on my umbrella or my face is a big letter T. I forget the point. I forgot the point.”

Been wanting to say that since I saw your new avatar
See, I'm conflicted now, because I'm slow on the uptake, but I just hate it when you have to explain a joke/reference, because that's what ruins it.

I get my face being a big letter T, but that's where it ends for me. My year is already off to an amazing start, yay! :)

Also, despite my avatar I have not started watching the new series yet because I did not have the time. Will watch Episode 1 and 2 back to back come Wednesday.

See, I'm conflicted now, because I'm slow on the uptake, but I just hate it when you have to explain a joke/reference, because that's what ruins it.

I get my face being a big letter T, but that's where it ends for me. My year is already off to an amazing start, yay! :)

Also, despite my avatar I have not started watching the new series yet because I did not have the time. Will watch Episode 1 and 2 back to back come Wednesday.

No worries. Are you familiar with robot chicken?

A lot of teetotallers in here! No judgment at all, course - you do you. I'm just statistically surprised
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely punished my liver in my late teens and early 20s but I unfortunately now lack both the time and fortitude to get shitfaced like in the good old days.

I actually have the stuff to make some moscow mules, but could only drink vodka straight right now on my diet, and I'm not big on that.

Popping in quick to say thank you @Suswave for shining a voidlight on the abyss, and a fantastic job on the ST for January @Skittzo !

I chose drinking as my vice for the night and saving my dibles for tomorrow afternoon. Off to a zoom call with friends and hope y'all have some good shenanigans while being responsible!

Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes never get old. Bob Fett there was like a clone of Deadpool, it was hilarious
I basically just remember "Ani, look at me, meesa all sparkly glowy!" at this point. The series is definitely a classic.

Last edited:
I’m good friends with the very small brewery here in the California foothills, so no, I drink plenty of beer, and will do frequent taste tests for him. I consider myself quite lucky. That said, I do drink about 3-4 beers a week with dinner.

I’m good friends with the very small brewery here in the California foothills, so no, I drink plenty of beer, and will do frequent taste tests for him. I consider myself quite lucky. That said, I do drink about 3-4 beers a week with dinner.
Yeah, I don't think I've been actually "drunk" since college, but I like to have a drink socially or with meals.

Ugh fireworks at 10:30 woke up my youngest already. What the hell, neighbors?

GAH I missed the end of the old ST and lots of cool discussion and stuff just because I was doing something DUMB like working.

@Suswave Your ST was wonderful, it will go down in history for its glorious abyssyness (which is a word... totally!)

@NabiscoFelt I missed the Ender Lilies hot take! And I say: I loved Ender Lilies a lot, it was in my top 3 GOTY for 2021, but it's not the best Igavania, it definitely has some flaws. Mostly due to the last few areas:
The latter third of the game relies way too much on combat, particularly those "lock the door and make you kill everything to advance" rooms. Too much of that, and not enough exploration. The balance between the two was much better in the first half of the game. I also thought that it got a little too grindy/gauntlet-y near the end, as in the fun of exploring the atmospheric melancholy world was replaced by just having to push through sections of the world to try to get to the next save point.

And that last area where the literal atmosphere damages you was just bad, IMO. It was tense and difficult, which I assume was the goal, but it also just wasn't very fun.
Basically for me, Ender Lilies was a 10/10 until around halfway through, then steadily dropped to around an 8.5/10 by the end. The ending itself is good, though!

I think that while the atmosphere, music, and vibe of Ender Lilies is pretty much unparalleled, there are lots of Igavanias that are overall better games. Hollow Knight for sure, and probably most of the literal Igavanias. But still a great game!

Yeah, I don't think I've been actually "drunk" since college, but I like to have a drink socially or with meals.
Same here. As long as you don't overdo it or develop a tendency to drink all by yourself, all is well.

Not to knock on those who abstain, of course.

I'll definitely be working on my backlog.

Atm I'm playing phoenotopia awakening which is a brilliant game, the soundtrack in particular is beautiful.

Probably like that: Koizumi greets us. "We have one major announcement for today: Golden Eye 007 on NSO. Thank you very much for watching."

Famis: Best Direct ever!
Don't worry, I'll be right there sarcastically complaining about the lack of Smash to fulfill the quota. I heard it's my turn.

GAH I missed the end of the old ST and lots of cool discussion and stuff just because I was doing something DUMB like working.

@Suswave Your ST was wonderful, it will go down in history for its glorious abyssyness (which is a word... totally!)

@NabiscoFelt I missed the Ender Lilies hot take! And I say: I loved Ender Lilies a lot, it was in my top 3 GOTY for 2021, but it's not the best Igavania, it definitely has some flaws. Mostly due to the last few areas:
The latter third of the game relies way too much on combat, particularly those "lock the door and make you kill everything to advance" rooms. Too much of that, and not enough exploration. The balance between the two was much better in the first half of the game. I also thought that it got a little too grindy/gauntlet-y near the end, as in the fun of exploring the atmospheric melancholy world was replaced by just having to push through sections of the world to try to get to the next save point.

And that last area where the literal atmosphere damages you was just bad, IMO. It was tense and difficult, which I assume was the goal, but it also just wasn't very fun.
Basically for me, Ender Lilies was a 10/10 until around halfway through, then steadily dropped to around an 8.5/10 by the end. The ending itself is good, though!

I think that while the atmosphere, music, and vibe of Ender Lilies is pretty much unparalleled, there are lots of Igavanias that are overall better games. Hollow Knight for sure, and probably most of the literal Igavanias. But still a great game!
The final area of Ender Lilies is my favorite part as the area is creepy as hell and it completes the transition from having to plan every attack into turning into a traditional action game.

Probably like that: Koizumi greets us. "We have one major announcement for today: Golden Eye 007 on NSO. Thank you very much for watching."

Famis: Best Direct ever!
Similar to 2016 when Nintendo "won E3" with just one damn game. 🤘

The final area of Ender Lilies is my favorite part as the area is creepy as hell and it completes the transition from having to plan every attack into turning into a traditional action game.
Which is fair, but that's exactly why I didn't like it. I greatly prefer metroidvanias that are focused more on exploration than combat. Every step down that transition toward being a pure action game just made the game less good, in my opinion, as I felt it took away my favorite elements of the game in favor of ones I liked much less. I don't generally like pure action games, but I love balanced metroidvanias, so losing the balance was a big downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom