• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, Switch is gonna be like iPhones now
Cs8fevM.png

well they did make the original...

it'd be more like if Game Freak had made Palworld but actually good
I know they made the original, just a joke about IP since Granblue isn't Nintendos yet Relink is similar to Dragalia (I didn't say it was a good joke 😭 )

Last edited:
it’s taken me some time to get to this point (too much starting and stopping) but getting the POV chapters of the other roci crew members in nemesis games, is actually so cool
talking about BOOKS, eh?

“were you game boy kid or a game gear kid?”

“I was a TI-82 kid”

I'm at work an hour early and instead of reading, I'm listening to JAM Project.....

I haven't even watched this Getter Robo anime, yet! Still planning on reading the manga after finishing Armageddon, tho and manga are books, soooooooo..... I STRIKE LOVE IN THE NAME OF BOOKS!!!!!

Thinking about how Sega from Day 1 just cannot help but bleed money by hiring pop music people to work on Sonic games, despite the music done by their own in-house composers in Japan consistently destroying them.

I was listening to the Sonic CD soundtrack and trying to fathom the idiocy of the clueless Sega of America suit who thought it wasn't good enough for Americans. Sure, Toot Toot Sonic Warrior probably needed to be changed for an audience that actually understood the lyrics, and I can understand being really sensitive to image and thinking the cheering children are a bit much, but then you get to Palmtree Paradise Bad Future and ???

I'm sorry, I thought you guys were selling Sonic on being cool???

This fail upwards bumblefuck looked at the soundtrack that was louder, angrier, and had access to a time machine and said, "No, what Sonic needs is pensive new age music! That's what the kids are into! Delay the game two months and commission a new score!"

I almost want to applaud trying to manifest Donkey Kong Country a year early, but I'm pretty sure this level of decision-making is why we don't have Sega consoles anymore.

Thinking about how Sega from Day 1 just cannot help but bleed money by hiring pop music people to work on Sonic games, despite the music done by their own in-house composers in Japan consistently destroying them.

I was listening to the Sonic CD soundtrack and trying to fathom the idiocy of the clueless Sega of America suit who thought it wasn't good enough for Americans. Sure, Toot Toot Sonic Warrior probably needed to be changed for an audience that actually understood the lyrics, and I can understand being really sensitive to image and thinking the cheering children are a bit much, but then you get to Palmtree Paradise Bad Future and ???

I'm sorry, I thought you guys were selling Sonic on being cool???

This fail upwards bumblefuck looked at the soundtrack that was louder, angrier, and had access to a time machine and said, "No, what Sonic needs is pensive new age music! That's what the kids are into! Delay the game two months and commission a new score!"

I almost want to applaud trying to manifest Donkey Kong Country a year early, but I'm pretty sure this level of decision-making is why we don't have Sega consoles anymore.

I actually really like Sonic CD's american OST 😅

I'm at work an hour early and instead of reading, I'm listening to JAM Project.....

I haven't even watched this Getter Robo anime, yet! Still planning on reading the manga after finishing Armageddon, tho and manga are books, soooooooo..... I STRIKE LOVE IN THE NAME OF BOOKS!!!!!

Really I recommend manga or New Getter Robo before Armageddon. Armageddon assumes you know the series already. Heck you can even do Shin Vs Neo before Armageddon. Do not watch Arc first tho. You will be confused

planning on summarizing score up to the last page sometime today! thank you all for partaking in chaos!

I actually really like Sonic CD's american OST 😅
I think it's fine for what it is, although not in the same universe as the original and rather odd for a Sonic game. I'm more just baffled by the decision to make another whole soundtrack at all. This wasn't even the last time they would pull this!

Been a while and my tees are all pretty worn out so I ordered some fun ones from yetee

Ugh, the storm isn’t even here yet and it’s screwing with my sinuses bad. Time to dive into some games and anime

Finished my replay of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Still pretty good. Can't wait for rebirth

I have nothing left , but Spider Man 2

I strike TWO in the name of BOOKS

Time to fire up Mario Maker 2 again (secretly one of the best Switch games)

Well I was going to sit down and edit my terrible podcast but now you have my attention.

Mario Maker 2 is great! I felt like a lot of the problems primarily affected people who weren't me (aka streamers and other content creators), so I never had anything but love for it. That single player campaign is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom