• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a "might try to learn how to RNG abuse in Pokemon Colosseum for shadow shinies" kind of mood, how about y'all?

reserved

got ahead of myself, actually, ignore this for now.

pretend I said something witty!

Last edited:
We don’t need to talk about who started the trend, but seeing a lot of talk on twitter about drawing every day for 100 days is making me want to give it a shot and see how I improve.

b45CrjR.png

okay so I know, I know, Big Game™ and Brands™ and stuff are kinda shit but I was sincerely just trying to see why Patrick Stewart and Knuckles were trending together and this ended up tickling the hell outta me:

Mind sending me some recommendations to those? Could always use a little help in that regard.
Sure thing!

Here’s a good one from just a few days ago, no equipment:

And with dumbbells:

Just to be clear: I am by no means tearing through these videos lol. I just do the best I can! And it’s been surprising how much better I’ve become at keeping up.

Sure thing!

Here’s a good one from just a few days ago, no equipment:

And with dumbbells:

Just to be clear: I am by no means tearing through these videos lol. I just do the best I can! And it’s been surprising how much better I’ve become at keeping up.

Thanks, added these to an exercise playlist I made for myself on my account. I think that channel may be useful. I’ll try these out

Now that I'm trying to think of shitposts to compete with, my brain is coming up dry. I have drybrain.

I guess it goes to show true shitpostery can't be forced, it's gotta flow naturally.

goddamn
Suicide Squad's final boss being a flash reskin is just pathetic

All you need is love abyss
All you need is love abyss, love abyss
Love abyss is all you need

okay so I know, I know, Big Game™ and Brands™ and stuff are kinda shit but I was sincerely just trying to see why Patrick Stewart and Knuckles were trending together and this ended up tickling the hell outta me:

Paramount’s attempts to unify all their disparate IPs into a cohesive Disney-like brand is… interesting, in a word.

I’ve been using my friend’s P+ to binge Star Trek TNG. Gotta say, the app freezing/resetting every hour or so has to be the first thing to fix.

How about this

holy shit that's one way to beat that level in Mario 3 :oops:

All you need is love abyss, love abyss
Love abyss is all you need
And thanks to your profile pic we finally know where the horn section in that song is coming from

Paramount’s attempts to unify all their disparate IPs into a cohesive Disney-like brand is… interesting, in a word.

I’ve been using my friend’s P+ to binge Star Trek TNG. Gotta say, the app freezing/resetting every hour or so has to be the first thing to fix.
I feel really bad about this but I have P+ for the time being solely for watching Taylor Tomlinson's show. It's a great little pre-bed relaxer and I'm quite enjoying it. But at some point I need to decide to kick the subscription because I didn't plan on keeping it when I signed up for the free trial. 😅

holy shit that's one way to beat that level in Mario 3 :oops:

And thanks to your profile pic we finally know where the horn section in that song is coming from

I feel really bad about this but I have P+ for the time being solely for watching Taylor Tomlinson's show. It's a great little pre-bed relaxer and I'm quite enjoying it. But at some point I need to decide to kick the subscription because I didn't plan on keeping it when I signed up for the free trial. 😅
Ed edd n, eddy was on point with its humor.

UPDATE #1 – First Three Pages
UPDATE #1 – First Three Pages

We're starting to cook, gang! After a poll fumble on my end, we've reset it – be sure to rejoin your FACTION!

Any ACTIONS performed before have been taken at face value.

Previous FACTION votes were converted to GRACE points at 1/10th their value.

DIGNITY Standings
  1. BOOKS – 85
  2. ABYSS – 65
  3. TWO – 58
  4. LOVE – 50
The meddlers are getting ahead! Love and Two have room for a comeback.

DIGNITY Procured

These are from Poll Votes. For this update, we're working with the NEW Poll – things haven't had much time to realign. Don't forget each vote is multiplied by 10!
  • LOVE – 5
  • TWO – 4
  • BOOKS – 5
  • ABYSS – 2

ACTIONS Taken
  • LOVE struck the ABYSS first through @VegiHam for -4 DIGNITY
  • @meatbag turned the tables with a -18 DIGNITY blow to LOVE from rival TWO
  • @BozPaggs avenged the ABYSS with another -6 DIGNITY dunk on LOVE

GRACE Earned
  • LOVE has accumulated +24 DIGNITY through GRACE
  • TWO has only managed +18 DIGNITY
  • BOOKS gained +35 with the obliterated poll bonus
  • ABYSS rides high with +49

MANIFESTATION Garnered
  • @Embers reconstituted the Thread Playlists on Spotify!
  • When asked, @Embers declared their only allegiance was to MUSIC
  • LIMINAL FACTION MUSIC has appeared!
  • For making the playlists, MUSIC gained +10 DIGNITY from MANIFESTATION

• A new BOUNTY has been unlocked
  • Whoever reconstitutes and shares the playlists on Apple Music earns +10 DIGNITY via MANIFESTATION

• @Embers can now accumulate LIMINAL DIGNITY on behalf of MUSIC
  • MUSIC earned +10 DIGNITY from creation and +5 DIGNITY from GRACE
  • No one else can join MUSIC, and it will cease to exist once the DIGNITY is SPENT
  • All DIGNITY must be SPENT at the same time
  • @Embers can elect whether this is a GIFT or a CURSE – to one FACTION or more

• A LIMINAL FACTION will continue to gather passive DIGNITY until SPENT
  • Theoretically, a LIMINAL FACTION could keep their DIGNITY and win...
  • But it would be very difficult!

• MUSIC – 25

Let's say MUSIC has managed to gather 50 DIGNITY.

@Embers could say:
"I'm spending my DIGNITY. I elect to CURSE TWO for -50 DIGNITY!"

@Embers could instead say:
"I'm spending my DIGNITY. I elect to GIFT ABYSS +20 DIGNITY, CURSE BOOKS for -20 DIGNITY, and GIFT LOVE +10 DIGNITY!"

Feeling the chaos yet? I'm planning to update more frequently at the start to get the rhythm, but I intend to update roughly every ten pages to keep things lively! Cheers!

Last edited:
and please, I beg you, if you have any questions – feel free to ask!

Last year, I subscribed for one month to Paramount +, so I could watch all of Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks: The Return.

When I tried to cancel, they said, "No, Please don't leave! We'll offer you a free 3-month subscription to Paramount Plus." So I took the free 3-month subscription.

Three months go by, and the subscription was about to expire, and I tried to cancel again. And again, I get the same message: "Please don't go. We'll offer you ANOTHER free 3 month subscription.

If I try to cancel again, I assume they'll send me another free 3 months. ;)

Unlike Sans Undertale, Madeline Celeste, Jonesy Fortnite, etc., Minecraft Steve is written surname first, implying that he is Korean or perhaps Chinese.

Last year, I subscribed for one month to Paramount +, so I could watch all of Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks: The Return.

When I tried to cancel, they said, "No, Please don't leave! We'll offer you a free 3-month subscription to Paramount Plus." So I took the free 3-month subscription.

Three months go by, and the subscription was about to expire, and I tried to cancel again. And again, I get the same message: "Please don't go. We'll offer you ANOTHER free 3 month subscription.

DKm8Z9h.gif

You can be happy that I don‘t work for Viacom anymore. I would have; Oh I would have seriously done nothing. Same shit company hiding behind their only somewhat positively perceived brand.

Wait WHAT

TWO is already ahead of LOVE? And LOVE is dead last?? 😱

UdZAv2B.jpeg

I strike TWO in the name of LOVE!

Wait WHAT

TWO is already ahead of LOVE? And LOVE is dead last?? 😱

UdZAv2B.jpeg

I strike TWO in the name of LOVE!
We'll catch up to TWO, I swear... but it’s a long climb to the top

let’s MAKE IT SHORTER

ZI8BrhE.png

I STRIKE BOOKS IN THE NAME OF LOVE!

Now that I'm trying to think of shitposts to compete with, my brain is coming up dry. I have drybrain.

I guess it goes to show true shitpostery can't be forced, it's gotta flow naturally.
Let it flow like sick bars

LukasManak22 has a perfect stat
Our only response "who the fuck is that?"
But I won't stay long, I'll get out of your air
Though ya gotta watch out, that's Dunban over there

It took me an hour to write 8 verses. I may have shitten off more than I can poo with the Abysstie Boys so early on.

Is it still garbage even after the rebrand?
It’s way worse after the rebrand. At least the HBO Max app made it easy to go to the specific content sections. Now it’s just all jumbled into one big mess and you have to go to the very bottom to get to the specific content sections. Like nonstop scrolling. Plus restarting an episode or movie is like 3 layers of clicks in now.

I checked it out the day it launched and couldn't find any way to delve into content by channel or brand like you could on HBO Max.
So it's actually worse lmao

I just remembered I had used the app months ago, but it was specifically the search function. Haven't used it since because I have a habit of unsubscribing from streaming services I use.

It’s way worse after the rebrand. At least the HBO Max app made it easy to go to the specific content sections. Now it’s just all jumbled into one big mess and you have to go to the very bottom to get to the specific content sections. Like nonstop scrolling. Plus restarting an episode or movie is like 3 layers of clicks in now.
I honestly wonder who tested the app and said that it's fine lol

Let it flow like sick bars

LukasManak22 has a perfect stat
Our only response "who the fuck is that?"
But I won't stay long, I'll get out of your air
Though ya gotta watch out, that's Dunban over there
Smash cut to Dunban breakdancing with one arm still inside his coat

Congratulations to BotW 2 for winning the Famiboards GotY vote!

In the spirit of the occasion, I STRIKE LOVE IN THE NAME OF TWO!
LOL buddy if you're gonna do a BotW2 reference then at least use its full title:
mO6D0SC.jpeg

GAMBIT: with a swirl of smoke and the squeal of tires echoing across the plains, LOVE attempts to DRIFT around @meatbag's strike!

LOL buddy if you're gonna do a BotW2 reference then at least use its full title:
mO6D0SC.jpeg

GAMBIT: with a swirl of smoke and the squeal of tires echoing across the plains, LOVE attempts to DRIFT around @meatbag's strike!
GAMBIT: Viable!

Sounds like a tricky maneuver — the kind you need impeccable CHAOS to pull off. So let’s go!!!

SKILL CHECK: Chaos
+2 LOVE Base Chaos

Threshold: FAST X… er, 10
Roll: D1 3 + D2 4

2 + 3 + 4 = 9

CHECK FAILED

You drift with perfectly managed speed, hooking around the blow with profound precision. Dodged!! you think.

But wait — this isn’t Tokyo. You’re in… Italy? No… no wait…

It’s a fucking Olive Garden.

Lost in a fog of confusion, a golden voice pierces through. “When you’re here, you’re family,” it says.

Family… you’re suddenly at ease. The cherubs sing, your cares tokyo drift away…

and @meatbag’s drift-correcting hall-effect blow pops you like a grape!

LOVE will suffer double @meatbag’s blow.
LOVE also loses RIVALRY multiplier on its next STRIKE against TWO.

Good gambit! So close!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom