• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Youtube over the last couple of days whenever it did not cross my mind that I might stumble upon TotK spoilers (yes, I really am forgetful like that). I have not seen any TotK spoiler thumbnails yet, so good news, everyone.

However, I did get Jedi Survivor spoiled for me and am still kind of mad about it, so there's that.

I've been selecting "don't recommend" on any Zelda-adjacent video that hits and I've managed to this far avoid youtube spoilers. I think the algorithm might have maybe figured I don't wanna see Zelda videos at this point. Did the same thing with Xenoblade FR when it was upcoming/new.

My Youtube recs are full of JRPG music as usual, and I haven't been watching Zelda-related stuff, so I feel like the algorithm just isn't likely to throw anything TotK at me. Plus I have Blocktube set up to filter out Zelda stuff as a precaution, so hopefully this holds.

"For you, the day [TOTK launched] was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was [one less day until Pikmin 4 launches]."
giphy.gif

"For you, the day [TOTK launched] was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was [one less day until Pikmin 4 launches]."
Gotta love an underdog

oh hey literally

WCCFpikmin43.jpg

unfortunately literally speaking i do not love the design of said dog lol

Raccoon's hype for Pikmin 4 reminds me of the hype someone on another forum that used to exist had for Metal Gear Solid V. Had a countdown in his signature that he would update daily, and then after the countdown was over, he turned it into an animated gif showing the countdown like a flipbook sort of thing. Ended up making me excited for the game, and it became one of my favorite open world games.

That was also the year the stinkbug invasion started, so I'll always remember that September.

even totk won't take Pikmin 4 out of my status

as unbelievably hyped as I am, it has enough love

Ready to jump on the Armored Core 6 hype train once TotK is out. I really hope it will be a big success in its own right so FromSoft won't feel compelled to wear out the Souls formula even more than they already have.

Last edited:
We're getting pretty low on my list of Nintendo unexpected dreams

I think it's down to uh...

3D Kirbs ✅
Pikmin 4 ✅
Metroid Prime 4 ✅
Rhythm Heaven
Mario Baseball
Return to Toon Link style in HD
Sunshine 2
Vitality Sensor to confirm I'm dead and halt any further development

uhhh considering Nintendo is a Japanese comapny this is kinda yikes isn't it?

FvPF8z5WIAEQZ8P
I missed this earlier today. Ignorant, reckless and disgusting behavior.

Keep digging that grave Kotaku. Or rather, shut the hell up and stop putting a stain on the lead up to this game.

EDIT: good move putting this here and not in the totk pre-release, per the above lol

video game animal companion deaths cut too deep man especially after spending most, if not the entirety, of the game with said animal companion

The only Zelda content in my Youtube feed are somehow the blind BotW playthrough of a first time Zelda player that I’ve been watching, and Liam’s BotW retrospective.

Maybe it's because I don't look up Zelda anything on YouTube in a long time but I've seen no spoilers for TotK in my feed. Mostly animal videos, cartoons, and Yugioh in my recommendations.

What I really really appreciate with the Fujibayashi-era of Zelda, something that is super clear in SS, is that his background as someone who once designed attractions for amusement parks really shines through. SS and BotW are such ACTIVE games that places so much focus on manoeuvrability and physical activities.

Like, though much of it is perhaps paddy and at times tedious, you can’t say that SS doesn’t have the ability to keep a beat. There’s almost always challenges and activities thrown your way that are consistently rooted in player action, and feels a bit amusement park-y, in such a cool way.

BotW evolves this further by being a very active game, with so much you can just.. DO. Movement alone gives you climbing, paragliding, riding, shield surfing, sand seal surfing, bullet time shooting, etc. It’s a truly active game that constantly keeps you engaged, again in a way that feels strangely amusement park-y.

Can’t wait to see the evolution of this philosophy in TotK.
Yep, I’ve always seen BotW as a direct evolution of Skyward Sword’s structure and systems.

Anyway, I’m done with all the main story content in my Master Mode playthrough. I still have 13 shrines left to find and I’m not sure where to look. I’d feel kinda guilty checking a map.

How do I avoid spoilers on YouTube?
A little late with this, but...

If you're okay with a solution that's not just a word blocker, I use a Chrome extension called Unhook that lets me hide Recommended videos and really customize YouTube to make sure I'm only seeing the content I asked for. This helps me avoid falling down YouTube rabbit holes and has the positive side effect of also letting me avoid spoilers because I don't follow accounts that post spoilers. It's a pretty powerful extension that lets you change a lot of what you see. For example, I turned off comments today in case people are going to drop spoilers there. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for the app version to offer.

Last edited:
It's a good thing I accidentally took useless screenshots of the Switch home screen, because when I went to delete them I discovered my SD card was full. Now I have enough room for the TotK preload tonight/tomorrow.

unless someone very powerful or very persuasive stops me, there will be a direct thread in about 12 hours
Please drop it in 11 hours please to be ahead of the first Nintendo tweet of the day. We have to start speculating immediately. Thank you. I’m joking, but also not joking lol.

Please drop it in 11 hours please to be ahead of the first Nintendo tweet of the day. We have to start speculating immediately. Thank you. I’m joking, but also not joking lol.
That would be the most hilarious outcome. Raccoon posts his thread. We start speculating. An hour later, boom, random May direct announced. Thread over.

it won't happen but I want a Direct before TotK so badly, preferably on the same day it comes out

it would be the ultimate finish to all the "this game has baffling marketing" talk

If yall think @Raccoon's hype for Pikmin is notable, wait'll Square gets off their ass and does something with Chrono Trigger.

I'll be downright insufferable.

If that happens, I’ll be insufferable in ways that will break this place. I swear upon the frozen flame that it’ll be the most embarrassing scene to ever visit Famiboards

This time next week, I will be off work and practically vibrating with excitement as I make sure everything is set for Zelda day. How can seven days feel like so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom