• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're amassing quite a collection of kickass themes yall
Meawhile, the Nintendo Switch OS:

nervous-sweating.gif

Oh my god the Yeahs become Yahaha's

I'll be able to expand my inventory in a few hours
Also I found another pocket inside the pocket of my new pair of pants. Magic.

Going down a dangerous road in my mind where the swordplay in Rune Factory 5 has me wondering if it's similar in the Xenoblade Chronicles games, and if it is, if I should pick one up...

Ugh why did I get the urge to replay XB2 right before TotK releases? Oh yeah because of the DLC and I realized how little I remember from the second game.
All you really need to remember from it is the second rule of the Salvager Code

Just finished running my first class as a program leader! (Mentoring secondary students with autism)

I was freaking terrified as I'm used to just doing the teaching part; now I'm also planning and managing so if anything goes wrong with anything it's on me. The extra responsibility was a bit stressful, but our first session went wonderfully and now I'm feeling much better about it.

Had to get one of the kids to help me with the iPad; gave me flashbacks to when I used to help my teachers sort out the VCR. How the tables turn!

Just finished running my first class as a program leader! (Mentoring secondary students with autism)

I was freaking terrified as I'm used to just doing the teaching part; now I'm also planning and managing so if anything goes wrong with anything it's on me. The extra responsibility was a bit stressful, but our first session went wonderfully and now I'm feeling much better about it.

Had to get one of the kids to help me with the iPad; gave me flashbacks to when I used to help my teachers sort out the VCR. How the tables turn!

turntables-well-well-well.gif

Edit: just want to make sure you know how cool I think this is for you and know you’ll do amazing. The gif was just for fun about the last part.

Last edited:
Ugh why did I get the urge to replay XB2 right before TotK releases? Oh yeah because of the DLC and I realized how little I remember from the second game.
I have had this urge for a while, sort of slowly building in the background. I'm going to try to get to it eventually this year, maybe second half when it's slow (HA HA HA)

Looks like it's finally official:

I played it a little on Game pass and it's fun. Cute little slasher. And if the recent Remnant port is any indication this is gonna run just fine.

Yep, THQ Nordic is killing it on Switch. And this is not the end of it, we'll probably get Gothic trilogy, Wreckcreation, Destroy All Humans 2 and even Second Sight HD remaster...
One last Impossible Port for the little system that could.
If they manage a good conversion it will be an impressive feat. Watching the Switch pull off games that tax even much bigger boxes has been one of the unexpected joys of this generation.

One last Impossible Port for the little system that could.
If they manage a good conversion it will be an impressive feat. Watching the Switch pull off games that tax even much bigger boxes has been one of the unexpected joys of this generation.
Apparently the port was internally delayed for 5 times! Initially targeted early 2022 and now it's coming this fall. Obviously the team weren't satisfied with the port and worked on it harder. Remnant From the Ashes also came out more than a year after the leak but the game performs beautifully so I expect the same from Biomutant too.

Despite never having gotten into a Fire Emblem game before, Engage got me hooked. I beat the game and DLC story and have spent plenty of time just doing extra missions and whatnot, and I have nearly 50 hours in the game (which for me, given my short attention span, is a LOT).

So I’ve booted up Three Houses, which I got a couple years ago but never got invested in, and I’m giving it another try. Took a little bit of time to appreciate how it’s different from Engage, but now I’m really starting to enjoy it too. I’m almost 4 hours in and ready for more.

…starting this right before TotK was a mistake

13 Metroids left in Samus Returns 3D...

Man, I'm gonna have some Thoughts on this game when it's all said and done

Yahaha!

Good luck, and persevere and thrive!

I tried to fuse a small fan engine to a clock to make time go faster.

Didn't work.
Have you tried using stasis on yourself? It probably would mess with your perception of time while being frozen. You'd just have to do it over and over and over and over....

Oh god I have my phone's Bluetooth on the car speakers right now and yahahaing a post at a red light just scared the crap out of me

"YAHAHA! Driver's license and id please. Did you drink something, sir?"

E:

Would make one hell of a TV Show: "Korokops"

Last edited:
I tried to will NSO releases of the Oracle games into existence by replaying them on 3DS but it didn't work... so far.

Random GB drop tonight

GBA game announced the week after TotK and released the last week of the month

drip drip
I hope so! I just feel bad because I could've really used the last few weeks to play through the Oracle games. Once TOTK comes out that's probably going to be the only thing I play for like...3 months? 4?

I tried to will NSO releases of the Oracle games into existence by replaying them on 3DS but it didn't work... so far.

If you didn't buy them recently it won't work. When I bought Superstar Saga on the 3DS after it being available there for like 6 years, on the next week Nintendo announced the whole GBA NSO thing with the original game, it's failproof.

Watch them drop Mole Mania or something of that caliber in NSO tonight

Also, who in their right mind thought this new sidebar UI in Spotify was a good idea?! 🤯

I said a while back that I had the feeling FFXVI wasn’t going to sell nearly as well as XV or VIIR, but it turns out they’re putting out a system bundle with the game, so now I think it’s going to sell way better than I originally thought. Wish they hadn’t so we could have seen how a brand new, current gen, mainline FF game can sell on its own nowadays, without the help of being bundled with a system that sells out almost instantly (which I suspect helped inflate other games’ sales #s, like Ragnarok’s).

If you didn't buy them recently it won't work. When I bought Superstar Saga on the 3DS after it being available there for like 6 years, on the next week Nintendo announced the whole GBA NSO thing with the original game, it's failproof.
Well, if I had known this I'd have double dipped before the eShop closure. Now it's too late. I'm sorry fami, I failed you.

I said a while back that I had the feeling FFXVI wasn’t going to sell nearly as well as XV or VIIR, but it turns out they’re putting out a system bundle with the game, so now I think it’s going to sell way better than I originally thought. Wish they hadn’t so we could have seen how a brand new, current gen, mainline FF game can sell on its own nowadays, without the help of being bundled with a system that sells out almost instantly (which I suspect helped inflate other games’ sales #s, like Ragnarok’s).
I still can’t get over that $560 price tag though 😬

I’m a huge Square fan but I can’t imagine dropping half a grand on the privilege to play just one game (because there’s very little else on PS5 that really interests me at the moment)

I was not high on the game sales (meaning less than XV), given exclusivity, late pc port and the tone of the game. I do hope it at least elevates sales cause you can tell that game was expensive to make.

I tried to fuse a small fan engine to a clock to make time go faster
You probably should have used a hasty elixir.

I was not high on the game sales (meaning less than XV), given exclusivity, late pc port and the tone of the game. I do hope it at least elevates sales cause you can tell that game was expensive to make
Think it's gonna be relying on the western markets a lot for sales, JP metrics don't give much hope for a huge domestic success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom