• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts; all the Somniel needs is a windmill and a girl sitting on the front playing guitar and it could easily be the island from the Feel Good Inc music video.

Uh, did some of the voucher deal games expire? IIRC, both Triangle Strategy and Origami King were eligible, now I can't seem to find them.

Uh, did some of the voucher deal games expire? IIRC, both Triangle Strategy and Origami King were eligible, now I can't seem to find them.
If I refine the search for "games with Mario" Origami King does not appear, but if I scroll in the list of all eligible games I can find both these games (I did not try to filter to find Octopath easier)

Man, that's easy.

Of course you would have to drop the last rock on your smartphone.
Okay, but who will be responsible for the arrows on the balloon popping challenges? And I ask both of the monetary value of the arrows and people/objects I hit while missing the shots.

Think it's gonna be relying on the western markets a lot for sales, JP metrics don't give much hope for a huge domestic success
Oh that outlook is not great. Pikmin 4 is on the same trajectory (nothing against pikmin) which is hilarious.

Okay, but who will be responsible for the arrows on the balloon popping challenges? And I ask both of the monetary value of the arrows and people/objects I hit while missing the shots.

Just use a NERF gun and wear a Monster Energy baseball cap. Everyone will think you're from a MTV prank show and laugh it off!

Man, that's easy.

Of course you would have to drop the last rock on your smartphone.
Man arrested in local grocery store for playing with produce.

Witness claims to have seen him rip an apple out of someones hand and put it back on the shelf, claiming that a secret would soon reveal itself.

Wish I could play Jedi Survivor. Even with the PC performance issues it's still a good game.

BUT

the EA app isn't working today. So couldn't even play if I wanted to!

F you EA!

Man arrested in local grocery store for playing with produce.

Witness claims to have seen him rip an apple out of someones hand and put it back on the shelf, claiming that a secret would soon reveal itself.

"YAHAHA! You're banned from the store!"

I want to happily annoce that my Switch got my attention back. Lately i played pretty much only with my steam deck. The reason was simple after playing on deck with additional settings like reshade my old day 1 switch just started to look terrible. Colors and everything. So pretty much the only games i still played on switch were exclusives.

However.... a few days ago my gf made the biggest suprise ever. She bought me the Zelda Switch OLED! That really got me excited again to tackle my Switch backlog and ofc even more excited for TotK.

Watch them drop Mole Mania or something of that caliber in NSO tonight

Also, who in their right mind thought this new sidebar UI in Spotify was a good idea?! 🤯
by “of that caliber” do you mean Greatest of All Time or

Oh my god yesssss

I have been CRAVING to replay Until Dawn and it's bugged me that the rest of their anthology games weren't coming to Switch since going multiplatform. I'll happily scoop this one up. Hope the performance is good!

by “of that caliber” do you mean Greatest of All Time or
I can’t vouch for it personally but I was always under the impression that it’s an overlooked hidden gem (or “cult classic”) that would get Mother/Earthbound level attention (🤯 ) from the internet if it were to land on the service

(And it would probably crater the second-hand market for it too)

Oh my god yesssss

I have been CRAVING to replay Until Dawn and it's bugged me that the rest of their anthology games weren't coming to Switch since going multiplatform. I'll happily scoop this one up. Hope the performance is good!
It's 24fps but capped. Since it's basically a QTE fest with craploads of dialogue, it doesn't affect the gameplay much. I played this one base Xbox One via Game Pass and it had serious framedrops, being capped it a huge improvement.

It's 24fps but capped. Since it's basically a QTE fest with craploads of dialogue, it doesn't affect the gameplay much. I played this one base Xbox One via Game Pass and it had serious framedrops, being capped it a huge improvement.
As long as it doesn't dip from 24fps (and no screen tearing), I'm almost certain it will be a benefit to the cinematic story the game is telling. I've only played a bit of it at a friend's house once, but we only got about an hour-ish into the story (but at least the player I was controlling didn't die at the first opportunity lol)

Personally I'm hoping tonight is the night we get this gem on NSO.

Robopon_Sun_Version.jpg

Tonight's the night they finally add the Pokemon games to NSO, right? Right?
(insert the Silksong clown meme here, only it's a Pikachu)

Found it!

My Voucher ambivalence saga has now come to an end, and I'm walking home with The Origami King. Wish me luck.

Uh what's going on at Metacritic right now? There's a sudden massive wave of review bombing going on between multiple Nintendo and Playstation exclusives right now.

Uh what's going on at Metacritic right now? There's a sudden massive wave of review bombing going on between multiple Nintendo and Playstation exclusives right now.
Upset Xbox fans? Redfall probably didn't put some of them in a great mood

Edit: this is not meant to be a console war comment, just noting a potential cause

Were the SNES Star Wars games ever released on Switch after making an appearance on Wii's VC?

Were the SNES Star Wars games ever released on Switch after making an appearance on Wii's VC?
Not Switch but Super Star Wars got remastered for PS Vita and PS4. Through DotEmu, iirc. For some reason, no 3DS and Wii U versions. Disney doesn't support Nintendo's VC services.

After two weeks, my physical copy of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters finally arrived! Right after I got really into Super Mario Maker 2 again. 😅

Maybe I can squeeze one in before TotK hits.

Not Switch but Super Star Wars got remastered for PS Vita and PS4. Through DotEmu, iirc. For some reason, no 3DS and Wii U versions. Disney doesn't support Nintendo's VC services.
Figures that would be the biggest roadblock to seeing those games again on NSO, on Star Wars day no less.

uhhh considering Nintendo is a Japanese comapny this is kinda yikes isn't it?

FvPF8z5WIAEQZ8P
The photo is fine, but taking pride in the fact they got the blacklist is more of the issue. They were encouraging piracy of Metroid Dread release day and are now openly sharing spoilers from the leaks of the game.

He also locked his Twitter profile.

The photo is fine, but taking pride in the fact they got the blacklist is more of the issue. They were encouraging piracy of Metroid Dread release day and are now openly sharing spoilers from the leaks of the game.

He also locked his Twitter profile.
I dunno, I think the photo is pretty tasteless and problematic.

Either he thinks he's a war hero, or he thinks game publishers are comparable to fascist regimes, or both.

Publishers controlling access to previews and reviews is problematic, yes; what Kotaku did with Metroid Dread was careless; but comparing publishers to regimes that committed atrocities is tasteless and dumb. There's enough toxicity in the industry without stuff like that.

ultimately people have been and will continue to be blacklisted for much less than what Kotaku did

does it suck how capricious it can be? definitely, but the only reason Kotaku's case is at all notable in particular is because they're a relatively big name

Here’s your monthly reminder that we never saw Disney Afternoon Collection on 3DS or Wii U or Switch 😡
According to Matt Bozon of WayForward, Disney is unlikely to license games for ports for other systems. Hence the way Disney Afternoon Collection, DuckTales Remastered, Castle of Illusion and Monkey Island 1-2 are stuck on the platforms they first released on.

He feels publisher blacklists are like Axis power fighter pilots? He feels publisher blacklists are like suicide bombers? He feels publisher blacklists are like Nazis/Imperial Japan?
For the record, it's not an axis fighter pilot. It's an allied fighter pilot, and each Nazi flag/Japanese empire flag is a kill he racked up.

Plunkett's photo is dumb, journalists acting like they are freedom fighters is even dumber, particularly in the US

Still, blacklisting outlets is unequivocally bad and evil and large videogame companies are bad and evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom