• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I post a lot in pre-release threads but rarely post in post-released threads. Like I spent a lot of time in the Tears of the Kingdom threads but I doubt I'll post a significant amount in the ST when the game is finally released. I'm playing through Future Redeemed and have little interest in going into the ST. I don't know. I guess I enjoy speculating and talking about news with people but in terms of enjoying a game, I prefer to do that on my own.

You know, I post a lot in pre-release threads but rarely post in post-released threads. Like I spent a lot of time in the Tears of the Kingdom threads but I doubt I'll post a significant amount in the ST when the game is finally released. I'm playing through Future Redeemed and have little interest in going into the ST. I don't know. I guess I enjoy speculating and talking about news with people but in terms of enjoying a game, I prefer to do that on my own.
I find I spend the most time in post-release threads of games that I've already beaten and really love. I like seeing reactions of people in the middle of games, how they're liking it, how it's going, what their current theories are, etc. And also just to be around to be able to help or answer questions and such. With TOTK I think I'll be in it a decent bit, but that game in particular I'm worried about dodging spoilers very effectively, since there's just so much there and I want to know as little as possible. So I'll probably only post sparingly until I'm either done or mostly done with the main game.

I feel like it would be new hardware June; probably in the middle or end of the month to let Zelda take over the world, and then to leave some space in July for Pikmin to receive advertising.

Whether it's new hardware or 'just' a Direct, I think June is the likely window. Suspiciously empty month after a packed start to the year for Nintendo.

Last day of April, huh?
Happy for tomorrow, and the feeling of it officially being TotK month.

Time to finish up the ST!

No, it’s new hardware reveal coming in July
(Special Direct starts)

COMING SOON

NINTENDO SWITCH PRO

-UDLY WELCOMES ANOTHER LIMITED EDITION NINTENDO SWITCH OLED TO THE NINTENDO SWITCH FAMILY OF SYSTEMS

(video ends, people immediately start rioting in the streets)

In accordance with tradition, I once again call upon the youth of the world to assemble tomorrow in ST20, celebrating the month of May, 2023!

My uncle who works for Nintendo's uncle company says the Nintendo Switch Uncle is being revealed on June 17th at an uncles only event

Mu uncle John Nintendo himself told me: stop fucking asking me about videogames, it's just my name, for the last time Ido not work at Nintendo!

So I believe it will be released very soon.

Ughhhhh I'm fairly certain my Switch fan is dying. Today it straight up went into sleep mode due to overheat, and looking that up online showed most people with the same problems having to send theirs in for a fan repair.

Why is this happening right before Zelda 😭😭

I asked my Amazon spying device to play Nintendo music while I made the kids pancakes and it played “Take On Me”. So I guess that’s canon now!

Just found out the 1st episode of Choque de Cultura has English subtitles. And they're great, at least to portuguese speakers, not sure for someone that can't understand the original

Nintendo gonna use their June Direct for a 'One More Thing' reveal that everybody expects is new mainline Mario because it's Shigsy but he'll be announcing the eShop release of The Super Mario Bros Movie for the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems

Hard to believe tomorrow is finally May - this April seemed to drag on forever, for multiple reasons. One more normal week, then TOTK week is here!

Sakurai waiting on that phone call for the Smash Bros movie

patrick-star.gif

I haven’t even started Future Redeemed.

Too much fun with the Pixel collections with no random encounters and modifiers lol

Sakurai waiting on that phone call for the Smash Bros movie
Nah, first, we need movies based on individual Nintendo IPs first. An Indiana Jones-esque adventure about DK, a satire on capitalism based on Tom Nook, a sports drama based on the Inklings’ Turf Wars, Fox in his own space opera.

Only then do you pull out the Avengers Smash Bros Initiative.

Nah, first, we need movies based on individual Nintendo IPs first. An Indiana Jones-esque adventure about DK, a satire on capitalism based on Tom Nook, a sports drama based on the Inklings’ Turf Wars, Fox in his own space opera.

Only then do you pull out the Avengers Smash Bros Initiative.

They're going to go the DCEU route. The next movie is Link v. Mario: Twilight of Smash, Code Name: STEAM for some reason, Metroid, and then the Super Smash Bros. movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom