• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal is clearly doing this is to help us. Easter eggs are just easier to discern and appreciate on a big screen with impactful audio. Not everything is about money ya'll.

Switch 2 launch game lol. Etrian Odyssey Nexus has Re-Fantasy portraits that I guess they wanted as promo but that was 5 years ago (Japan release time).

I'll believe this game actually exists when we finally get a trailer. Atlus has a lot of games that are in the aether right now that haven't materialized, even if technically already announced (like RE:Fantasy) or not, so I'm hoping we get some of them around June during announcement season, especially since Etrian Odyssey ports will be out by then

I got motion sickness from a game for the first time the other day. It was Metroid Prime, near the start where those bug things fly in circles around you. Think the big new TV made it worse.

Not in love with the game yet

I'll believe this game actually exists when we finally get a trailer. Atlus has a lot of games that are in the aether right now that haven't materialized, even if technically already announced (like RE:Fantasy) or not, so I'm hoping we get some of them around June during announcement season, especially since Etrian Odyssey ports will be out by then
Fingers cross. They were in SGF last year with a kinda bad SH2 trailer. Unless they want to announce them at one of the platform holders events.

I've been on the mindset that the EO collection was on July 1 for some reason. Which might indicate when I might get that collection lol.

It's cool and funny to me how much my perception and expectations have shifted in regards to TotK all the way since back in 2019.

Watching the 2019 reveal trailer and thinking of it as "darker, creepier, the MM equivalent to BotW", I could never have guessed that the game would be mostly set in the sky, which came as an amazing surprise.

Watching the 2021 teaser and the 2022 title reveal, I would have no idea that the game would contain an EXTREMELY intricate building mechanic as a main gameplay hook.

I can't wait to play the full game and have a similar feeling of "Whoa, I had no idea that the game would contain THIS of all things."

Was waiting for a sale of Galleria (cause I've been busy so why not) and NIS has it at 16% off. Seems like the GW deals are starting to show up.

youtube recommended this to me, pretty interesting to see at one point nintendo was spending money to make commercials for picross games

Nintendo Power was pushing it hard too (which is how I learned about it). But “puzzle game on game boy” was already a proven formula by then so it was a relatively safe bet for them.

Also, the Super Game Boy support in this game is kinda nuts with multiple custom border options.

Switch 2 launch game lol. Etrian Odyssey Nexus has Re-Fantasy portraits that I guess they wanted as promo but that was 5 years ago (Japan release time).

This whole project basically screams “vanity project” that’s probably going to be written off by Sega/Atlus at some point. Or when it does resurface there’s going to be a lot of “so that’s it?!” reactions.

This whole project basically screams “vanity project” that’s probably going to be written off by Sega/Atlus at some point. Or when it does resurface there’s going to be a lot of “so that’s it?!” reactions.
That is something that is hard for projects specially new IP. Cause even if P6 does not come out till 2025, the audience has an idea.

Fuz8M4zWcAMn8SX.jpg:large

Switch 2 launch title confirmed! /s

Universal executives and board: "Oh shit, this thing has legs! 🤑"

(Certainly doesn't hurt that they launched it just as public schools in New England (not sure about the rest of the US) hit spring vacation season)
Most of the northwest was on spring break as well. I assume a good chunk of northern stars have a later spring break due to weather. Probably a huge group of kids with lots of free time.

Just started the XB3 DLC and uhh I'm not going to finish this in two weekends am I? 2nd half of the year must be packed too otherwise why dump all this content in the first 5 months?

First of all, unless you meant to post a jpg of the YouTube thumbnail, might wanna check and edit your post. 😅

Second, I just saw the trailer a couple minutes ago and had such whiplash when I went from sheer elation seeing Mackie driving an old bugeye Subaru to complete and total ugghhh at "peacock exclusive."

I wanted to watch this in a goddamn bigass theater.

First of all, unless you meant to post a jpg of the YouTube thumbnail, might wanna check and edit your post. 😅

Second, I just saw the trailer a couple minutes ago and had such whiplash when I went from sheer elation seeing Mackie driving an old bugeye Subaru to complete and total ugghhh at "peacock exclusive."

I wanted to watch this in a goddamn bigass theater.

Oh, I meant to post the best part of the trailer.

I checked what was on sale for Switch and learned there was a game called Hentai World on the eShop

I also learned you can buy it for the low, low price of two dollars

I didn't buy it

I checked what was on sale for Switch and learned there was a game called Hentai World on the eShop

I didn't buy it
It's weird because it seems like the dev/publisher of the game is removing the bundle or the game off the eshop and re-releasing it every week or so because it keeps coming up in the new release section despite it not being a new release. So either it keeps getting flagged for content and being submitted multiple times or they're trying to manipulate being in the new releases section to sell more copies. I only know because I keep tabs on every release for cool indies that slip under the radar or surprise releases of retro game and see it popping up frequently

I didn't buy it
I see you are introduced to the "greatness" that is RedDeer games. We all are awaiting the day they are wiped off from the face of the earth.

I see you are introduced to the "greatness" that is RedDeer games. We all are awaiting the day they are wiped off from the face of the earth.
Red Deer actually release some really cool games though. Which make these practices all the more disappointing.

From them I have
Bit Orchard Animal Valley
Boreal Tenebrae
Cyber Protocol
Floogen
Gum+
Little Mouse's Encyclopaedia
Trash Quest

They're not like Pix Arts or Midnight Works who release nothing but asset flips.

i am once again expressing my annoyance at seeing the kingdom hearts games on sale and not wanting to buy them because i refuse to embrace cloud gaming on a device that is supposed to allow me to play anywhere

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Either way, I'm trying to eek out some time in Xenoblade... 2's DLC. It's really good so far; like a (relatively) bite-size and refined version of the base game. Actually bought Xenoblade 3 as well, alongside Pikmin 3 in a voucher. With that, and my purchase of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, and with everything else I've got, I could realistically get through the entire year - hell, maybe two years - without buying anything else. I say realistically cause FFXVI, Armored Core VI and Starfield are all there as well lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition is on my list of 2024 through 2027 ports n remasters list that Nintendo use to keep low cost support for Switch going and to help flesh out the successor software library at the same time.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition
  • Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • Ultimate NES Remix Deluxe Definitive All Together At Once Edition
  • Yoshi and Poochy's Woolly World
  • Kid Icarus Uprising HD
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered
  • Metroid Prime 3 Remastered

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition is on my list of 2024 through 2027 ports n remasters list that Nintendo use to keep low cost support for Switch going and to help flesh out the successor software library at the same time.

• Kid Icarus Uprising HD

I was thinking recently that now that indiesZero is done with the latest Theatrhythm it’s high time for either a new NES Remix or Retro Game Challenge

You also forgot Kirby and the Rainbow Curse although that would require playing off TV only which I think may be a bridge too far for Nintendo?

Weather has been shitty, and the weatherman says Summer is going to be cooler than usual, but I don't mind, because I love the cloudy cool days just as much as the hot sunny days.

Weather has been shitty, and the weatherman says Summer is going to be cooler than usual, but I don't mind, because I love the cloudy cool days just as much as the hot sunny days.
"Damn that sounds nice," I say, while laying in a pool of my own sweat and checking the weather reports that forecast 100° temps before April is over.

Soma Bringer remake for Switch
Back then I bought this on Play-asia for like 8 bucks and it's one of best Diablo-likes I've ever played. Who made that stupid decision to not localize this gem, I wanna know.
I also want a port of Zangeki no Reginleiv
Man, Nintendo x Sandlot was such an interesting team up. Reginleiv literally was a medieval version of Earth Defense Force and again, it was left in Japan. For some weird reason. Mecha MG too. A mech sim that used DS's touch screen such innovative way.

Told em I was older than Youtube, Google, or Facebook.
They looked at me like I'd told them I rode a dinosaur to school.
To which you respond "We used to have an old stegosaurus, it was a bumpy ride and you had to be careful of the spines. We were always jealous of our neighbor's Brachiosaurus, the reach and range on it was amazing!"

• Kid Icarus Uprising HD
God I want Woolly World switch so bad. I assume the 3DS version existing kinda makes them not care but it's so good...

I remember when everyone was expecting SNES remix eventually and it just never happened, idk what that was about or if it flopped overall or

Also if Prime 2 and 3 count then we NEED Galaxy 2. "Yoshi motion controls" I don't care, we're so close to having the peak 3d mario machine (I don't care about 3d land despite loving 3d world idk), find a way

Against all common sense, I just downloaded Honkai Star Rail... I still dislike the Genshin-y aesthetic and never enjoyed that game, but I wanna see how this one is with my own two hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom