• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in a world of Nintendo:

The legend himself, Yoshiaki Koizumi celebrates his 55th birthday today.

Here is a nice little coincidence (fun fact), Nintendo Switch Sports was released one year ago today and you know how that project started? Koizumi called Yamashita (Switch Sports Director) and requested the development of the game. Years after that point it was released exactly on Koizumi's birthday. Pretty cool.

yoshiaki_koizumi_pic_2.png

Hi!

When do you guys expect the next Direct? I have a voucher to redeem before its too late and I would like to know about new releases.

Cheers!
June at the absolute earliest, but even that is nowhere near a lock. Last year when E3 was cancelled they didn't even do a midyear Direct, just one in February and one in September. As E3 was cancelled again this year they very well could do that once again.

Or it's possible that them pulling out of E3 even before it was cancelled was due to them having their own big blowout event that they'd want all the spotlight on, so rather than dead air over the summer there could be something absolutely massive in June/July.

And that's the fun part, we don't know! 😅

Hi!

When do you guys expect the next Direct? I have a voucher to redeem before its too late and I would like to know about new releases.

Cheers!
June is the earliest timeframe for the next Direct, and there should be one in September at the very latest.

Some people think there'll be no June Direct because before E3 was cancelled, Nintendo had pulled out of it, and Nintendo also held a Partner Showcase last June as opposed to a regular Direct with first party announcements.

This year though Nintendo have zero scheduled releases after Pikmin 4, so I'm personally among the people who expect a June Direct to go ahead.

Against all common sense, I just downloaded Honkai Star Rail... I still dislike the Genshin-y aesthetic and never enjoyed that game, but I wanna see how this one is with my own two hands.
I'm having a good time. It's not open world so it runs better on mobile + the combat is pretty fun

Selfishly thinking that I'd be happy without any Nintendo games that interest me - after Pikmin 4 - until like, October?

Give me time to play and enjoy Zelda, Pikmin and Reboot Camp, and also finish the stack of RPGs I've paid for (Chained Echoes, Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters**, Octopath 2, XBC 3 Future Redeemed, Sea of Stars).

**at least one of these...

Last edited:
If I were to hypothetically start planning a Famiboards online Mariokart match, would anyone be interested in joining? We could all get into one online room and those who want to use the voice chat app could feel free to do so.

How had I never heard of this game before?

It's freaking gorgeous. Apparently the Switch version was delayed until Q3 this year but it's out now on Steam.

I think I'm going to cancel my Zelda OLED order. If I knew that I would using it full time for at least a year I'd probably bite right away but with new hardware on the horizon, it makes it less appealing. It doesn't seem like the Zelda OLED will go away soon. They are still selling the Splatoon and Pokemon OLEDs. So I might way for Nintendo's financial reports to potentially see if a new Switch is coming in the very near future. And if not, I can always pick up a Zelda OLED after.

I do also want to buy a PS5 now that they are widely available but when I think about the games I want to play on PS5, I can only come up with Final Fantasy 16, FF 7 Rebirth, and....that's kind of it. Kind of crazy that we are this far into this gen and there isn't much I'm excited for that is coming out relatively soon. There's the FF games, Starfield, can't really think of anything else.

idk what it means yet b/c I’m waiting for the Super Swiitch Pro Advance and XBCX to play the entire Xenoblade franchise, but I do like the sound of this so I left a like
There's a Predator movie quote in the game. I feel like it doesn't exactly count as a spoiler as it is not relevant to the plot but I apologize anyways for explaining it.

Selfishly thinking that I'd be happy without any Nintendo games that interest me - after Pikmin 4 - until like, October?

Give me time to play and enjoy Zelda, Pikmin and Reboot Camp, and also finish the stack of RPGs I've paid for (Chained Echoes, Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters**, Octopath 2, XBC 3 Future Redeemed, Sea of Stars).

**at least one of these...
well i will be pretty busy playing Tears of the Kingdom e Metroid Prime Remastered

Hi!

Cheers!
A bit bigger than the previous direct, with new Paper Mario and F-Zero GX remaster coming in 2023, and a gameplay teaser of Metroid Prime 4 coming in 2024, also if the direct is coming in in next week, I bet for TOTK DLC to show up.

look y’all, I hate to break it to you, but June’s not happening

like at all

like literally, the almanac says it’s jump cut from May to July this year

reverse leap month or some shit

Did you know that Mario can jump higher than the average house?
This is thanks to the low gravity of the mushroom kingdom, and the fact that the average house can't jump at all.

Looks like a vocal track for Tears of the Kingdom has leaked. Welp:

I watched a blind streamer playing this game, it's pretty interesting

It's a game in a medieval setting with combat based on sound, you can listen to the enemies approaching so you know the timing and direction to attack (or to use the shield and counter-attack)

It has some light RPG elements, you can buy and upgrade equipment, and there's some small side-quests like one where you get some money to clear the rats in a basement for someone so you had to listen to find and attack them

Btw on the topic of accessibility, I noticed this website supports adding alt text to images, after inserting an image there's an option for adding alt text to it, it's a button in the shape of the letter "i". Alt text is a short description that is used by screen readers and it's also displayed if the link to the image becomes broken. Some more details about alternative text here:

reminder: only 44 days until 6 years since MP4 got announced without us having seen a single image or trailer of the game
:smiling:

they grow up so fast

I'm having a good time. It's not open world so it runs better on mobile + the combat is pretty fun
I'm actually having a good time too! The flashy turn-based skills are real nice to look at, and it's got a decent aesthetic going. Genshin reminded me of the plastick-y worlds people would make in VR chat, with some unsubtle BOTW inspiration sprinkled in. I also appreciate that it gives you some 4 stars right out of the gate, I immediately drop gachas that expect you to struggle through for days with one single good unit.

look y’all, I hate to break it to you, but June’s not happening

like at all

like literally, the almanac says it’s jump cut from May to July this year

reverse leap month or some shit

But I already requested June 11th off from work for the Xbox showcase.

Mega Man Battle Network is dropping in the eShop ranks. Now out of the top 10. The Final Fantasy Pixel Remastered Collection is rising though and is now at #9. Advance Wars remains #1 with a bunch of Mario games in the Top 10.

If anyone is wanting a 2D Zelda fix, here's a fun thing! Zelda's Adventure from the CD-I was recreated for the Game Boy, and it's playable on real hardware!

Update: I’ve reached out to my source for additional details

Apparently, all of June will be happening simultaneously on July 1st

so while June is off the table, June’s consequences are not
Direct on July 1 confirmed then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom