• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what happened to Saber. They're supposed to have 2 Switch ports but not a single word from them. It's like, as if, they're dead. In two months, there will be 2 years after the announcement of Kingdom Come Switch port...

Meanwhile, I want to raid some tombs on the Switch in an isometric manner, and the publishers of those games refuse to be cooperative!

Magic: "A Space for the Unbound? Sounds cool. What is it?"

[One Google Search Later....]

Magic: "....I'm gonna buy this game the second I get home aren't I?"

Magic: "A Space for the Unbound? Sounds cool. What is it?"

[One Google Search Later....]

Magic: "....I'm gonna buy this game the second I get home aren't I?"
I've heard a lot of great things about it, and also it's "the kind of game you'll love if you like movies like Your Name" (I think Imran said that?) and that's pretty much all I needed, just haven't gotten around to it yet

I've heard a lot of great things about it, and also it's "the kind of game you'll love if you like movies like Your Name" (I think Imran said that?) and that's pretty much all I needed, just haven't gotten around to it yet
.....you just HAD to bring up Your Name, didn't you?! Now I'm 100% buying it. A game that's similar to my favorite movie?!

Man I haven't been in the trenches of Famiboards for a hot minute (barring that thread I made couple days ago)..

So uh.. anything new? Or are we waiting for TOTK to release, see what happens in the weeks after that?

Man I haven't been in the trenches of Famiboards for a hot minute (barring that thread I made couple days ago)..

So uh.. anything new? Or are we waiting for TOTK to release, see what happens in the weeks after that?
Advance wars got an overview trailer. Pokémon stadium finally got dated for next week

In terms of new stuff, not much other than TOTK anticipation, yeah. Probably won't be anything really until after the game is out, but that's not too far off now! And the time after that will be pretty wild since we know essentially nothing, so it should be a fun speculation season.

56Hu548.webp

In terms of new stuff, not much other than TOTK anticipation, yeah. Probably won't be anything really until after the game is out, but that's not too far off now! And the time after that will be pretty wild since we know essentially nothing, so it should be a fun speculation season.
I honestly can't wait for when speculation season starts again, because realistically they'll keep social media and their news posts about TOTK for at least a week, probably two after the game launches. Then we're almost basically into June already so around the end of May is hopefully when we start hearing about a Direct or something.
Can't wait to speculate about a General Direct again only for Andy Robinson to go "actually it's a Partner lololololol" again. I know the last one was very, very good but you know... I prefer the General Directs with Nintendo news in them

Meanwhile, I want to raid some tombs on the Switch in an isometric manner, and the publishers of those games refuse to be cooperative!
In their last tweet about it Feral said we'll hear about them "soon enough". Obviously not enough enough. They also said there's more in development for Switch. Maybe Tomb Raider 2013? Deus Ex? Just Cause? Sid Meier's Pirates/Railroads?

Every time I see the Mario 54% avatar above a post, there is a fraction of a second where I think that it's my post, every time.....
this is why I don’t do avatar bets anymore, I’m too dyslexic for that shit

and also have a penchant for shitposting when barely conscious, so I wouldn’t even be that shocked if there was a post I made that I knew nothing about

Every time I see the Mario 54% avatar above a post, there is a fraction of a second where I think that it's my post, every time.....
It's not as bad as the "Geoff is god" avatars from awhile back, but it's still a bit confusing. How long is the bet for?

this is why I don’t do avatar bets anymore, I’m too dyslexic for that shit

and also have a penchant for shitposting when barely conscious, so I wouldn’t even be that shocked if there was a post I made that I knew nothing about

This makes me think we need a confession poll to unveil the honest level of drunk posting that goes on Famiboards....it could explain things...

It's not as bad as the "Geoff is god" avatars from awhile back, but it's still a bit confusing. How long is the bet for?
Just one week, which means it lasts long enough to be hilarious and not too long that it gets annoying.

Hey guys, the new layout has been really messing with my vision. Is there a way to toggle it back to the original design for a per-user basis?

the new Famiboards member with the sad Mario avatar sure posts a lot here, don't they? I know the forum rocks but they need to chill a little

Illumination Presents

SPLATOON: THE MOVIE
Wait, hang on, apparently one came out in October of this year despite October of this year not having happened yet.

splastsold.png

Sold.

The biggest problem I see with an illumination splatoon movie is: the soundtrack. They'd have to at least commit the rerecord all the licensed tracks in Splatoon language.

My controller has finished charging. Guess it's time to start playing games again. But wait, I don't have any donuts to eat. I can't start playing games on a Saturday evening without donuts. Guess I'm taking a walk to the store! I promise I'll get to playing games eventually.

I made it to the final postgame boss in Labyrinth of Galleria. That last dungeon is obscenely long. Now I need to grind for a bit so I can beat it.

Probably posted this here before at some point, but I don't think I've ever had a more complicated relationship with a piece of hardware than the Steam Deck. Sometimes I just want to throw it out the window and other times I'm absolutely inthralled with the thing.

Not sure about Kirby coming from them. At all.
Kirby screams Illumination to me. I don't know where else it can go, it doesn't feel like a DreamWorks movie and I doubt anyone not named Universal will be making Nintendo movies (Pokemon is an exception due to the agreement with WB being older).

If I had to pick the movies that'll actually happen, I think Super Mario Bros Movie 2 and the Donkey Kong Movie are locks, and The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, and Splatoon are likely if SMBM2 and DK are successful. I don't think Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, or anything else will happen unless the NCU actually blows up. I don't think Luigi's Mansion is happening either, I could see it being a side plot in a movie but never it's own thing. Peach might get her own movie eventually instead.

The biggest problem I see with an illumination splatoon movie is: the soundtrack. They'd have to at least commit the rerecord all the licensed tracks in Splatoon language.
Oh you're thinking the entire film would be subtitled, like the games? That one Animal Crossing movie didn't have the animal characters speak Animalese. Now, granted, that's another franchise and almost two decades ago, but...

Kirby and Splatoon feel more like properties a Japanese studio would tackle (especially Splatoon, which already has a manga adaptation).

Kirby screams Illumination to me. I don't know where else it can go, it doesn't feel like a DreamWorks movie and I doubt anyone not named Universal will be making Nintendo movies (Pokemon is an exception due to the agreement with WB being older).
Maybe aesthetically. But nothing else personally.

Kirby and Splatoon feel more like properties a Japanese studio would tackle (especially Splatoon, which already has a manga adaptation).
I highly doubt anyone not part of Universal makes a Nintendo movie. Otherwise rights would be all over the place. Pokemon being the only exception.

Hey guys, the new layout has been really messing with my vision. Is there a way to toggle it back to the original design for a per-user basis?
At the very bottom of each page on the left should be the name of your current theme with a little paintbrush next to it, you can click that to swap styles quickly.

Michael Bay Presents

F-ZERO
Nah dude, George Miller.

I still don’t see any reason to believe that other Nintendo properties outside the Marioverse will get movies. Maybe a TV show for something like Zelda or Splatoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom