• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 5 Parts, and I can now go to The Forest Navel.

This is the furthest I've EVER made it in Pikmin.
Oh I distinctly remember the first time I made it to The Forest Navel (because I had finally bought a memory card 😋), but yeah once you gain access to Blue Pikmin, then all the paths open up that you couldn't access before but also far more enemy varieties that require you to be more strategic in how and where you battle.

Always keep note of your environment, and where the enemies you're not engaging are at and if they're within striking distance.

Pikmin is the series I buy recently that I don't end up playing. I bought Pikmin 3 3 times and haven't gotten out of the demo area. Pretty sure I have NPC Pikmin unopened and I know Pikmin 4 is destined to be an impulse second voucher game.

Replay of Horizon: Forbidden West is completed. Tonight, I start the final game in my Wii-U backlog.

yUzcWCK.jpg

I read a walkthrough, and on some of them, I read that it said I needed Blue Pikmin, but I didn't read how to actually get the Parts.

Feeling tempted by mass effect legacy edition on sale on Xbox. Haven’t touched the series since the first one a decade ago. Do have some nostaglia for BioWare

Feeling tempted by mass effect legacy edition on sale on Xbox. Haven’t touched the series since the first one a decade ago. Do have some nostaglia for BioWare
First game, best game.

The remaster is really good, though. You can’t go wrong.

John Leguizamo says he's boycotting the new movie. No clue why so that picture might be accurate.
He said he's upset to see just.. the overall whiteness of the cast. Says they're going backwards for representation after he played Luigi in 93.

This does not look well designed against getting flipped over.
It was up against a robot with twin circular saw blades, no uh.. flipping ability from that opponent. Which is unusual these days as some of these weapons are strong enough to flip these bots just by touching them. 🤯

Plus the chainsaw is mounted to an articulating arm so the chainsaw itself is a self-righting mechanism. Which I find hilarious.

You know what would be a Discotek Holy Grail pull? F-Zero GP Legend! Especially the lost dub that was apparently finished but only had 15 episodes aired. Tho just the sub version would be cool tho

It's an absolutely horrible design, lol, but I think it's mainly for fun (the chainsaw, I think it's a gag weapon, the real weapon is the spinning blade at its bottom)
Sorta! Last match they were in they said the chainsaw was for show (and yes, they have an undercutter blade) but tonight the chainsaw was actually running!

Until the opponent knocked the basic-ass DeWalt battery off the top of the thing because.. it's literally still just a chainsaw. 🤣

Sorta! Last match they were in they said the chainsaw was for show (and yes, they have an undercutter blade) but tonight the chainsaw was actually running!

Until the opponent knocked the basic-ass DeWalt battery off the top of the thing because.. it's literally still just a chainsaw. 🤣

Yeah it's relatively fragile. I don't watch battlebots, watched a bit but I love the design aspect of it. That Tombstone bot has the best design I've ever seen.

Yeah it's relatively fragile. I don't watch battlebots, watched a bit but I love the design aspect of it. That Tombstone bot has the best design I've ever seen.
Tombstone is actually not even here this season, he got his ass handed to him last season (which was cathartic to watch because that dude talks sooo much shit) and the designs this year are some of the most advanced I've seen in.. uh.. probably five or six years of following it.

And then there's absolutely wild designs like Doomba and Huge and Smeeeeeeeeee and Starchild that are just fun to look at (and actually Huge is doing really well this year).

You know what would be a Discotek Holy Grail pull? F-Zero GP Legend! Especially the lost dub that was apparently finished but only had 15 episodes aired. Tho just the sub version would be cool tho
I'd love for them to get kirby right back at ya or the fire emblem ova personally.

Tombstone is actually not even here this season, he got his ass handed to him last season (which was cathartic to watch because that dude talks sooo much shit) and the designs this year are some of the most advanced I've seen in.. uh.. probably five or six years of following it.

And then there's absolutely wild designs like Doomba and Huge and Smeeeeeeeeee and Starchild that are just fun to look at (and actually Huge is doing really well this year).

Is there a list of the bots competing this year somewhere? I just tried looking but I couldn't find one.

There's a bot/team called Free Shipping? That's amazing. Reminds me of the old Guitar Hero Harmonix band, "Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives"
Yeah, and the team comes out with cardboard boxes and everything. Last year the robot actually had a forklift section on the front so it was basically a forklift with a flamethrower. 🤣

Free+Shipping+Spikes.JPG

I always think battlebots appear small when they are battling and then caught by surprise when I see people standing next to them.
Yeah these suckers are 250lbs each, which is also hard to remember when you see them getting launched 5-10 feet in the air. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom