• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo should make a battlebots-like game. Maybe you customize your robos and bring them into battle. We can only imagine what such a game from Nintendo would look like.
Much like Battlebots' Free Shipping, I'd expect a lot of fire

Nintendo should make a battlebots-like game. Maybe you customize your robos and bring them into battle. We can only imagine what such a game from Nintendo would look like.
Nintendo should make another F-Zero game!

...But it won't happen as well.

I'd definitely be into the lost f zero dub being unearthed. They've found all sorts of stuff thought lost so here's hoping
The masters were sent to Nintendo and Nintendo is famous for archiving everything, so I’m actually not worried on that front. Getting Nintendo to license it would be the bigger challenge. Tho Kirby back at cha did get a new Japan Re release last year

...I don't have a snappy remark, but I want you to know I'm thinking of one to respond to this with one day

~~~

My friends and I decided that we're gonna see John Wick 4 after the Mario movie as a double feature. I just realized that we're gonna see two movies that feature actors who played Luigi (Charlie Day and John Leguizamo lol)

Labo-Bots! After you battle, they catch on fire so you don’t have to worry about storing them. Unfortunately, your joycon are destroyed in the process

Nintendo could buy Medabots (if were talking about fighting robot games Nintendo could do), I liked that show when I was a kid, a lot of work would have to be done to make any respectable game though.

Last edited:
more like copy-wrong infringement 😡

giphy.gif

Holy shit, the sheer amount of movies coming out in June this year is insane. There's some pretty big potential flops in here.
  1. The Little Mermaid (it's late May so I'm still counting it in this insanity)
  2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
  3. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
  4. Elemental (new Pixar)
  5. The Flash
  6. Ruby Gillman (new DreamWorks)
  7. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Either Spider-Man or Elemental are gonna flop, Ruby Gillman is dead on arrival, and if The Flash doesn't have good enough word of mouth it's gonna pull a Shazam 2. Why is June so loaded?!

Oh they're making a season 3 for Rising of the Shield Hero. We'll get new music from Kevin Penkin at least.

Played a few hours of Wind Waker tonight. Made it to Windfall Island. Pretty cool so far.

Holy shit, the sheer amount of movies coming out in June this year is insane. There's some pretty big potential flops in here.
  4. Elemental (new Pixar)
  5. The Flash
Either Spider-Man or Elemental are gonna flop, Ruby Gillman is dead on arrival, and if The Flash doesn't have good enough word of mouth it's gonna pull a Shazam 2. Why is June so loaded?!

I will bet the house that Spider-Man is not a flop.

4. Elemental (new Pixar)
  5. The Flash
I’ve never heard of this Ruby Gillman movie so that probably shows how well Dreamworks is marketing it.

Getting back into Fire Emblem Engage. I got about halfway (from what I’ve heard) through the game, and then dropped it around the time when Kirby came out. Even once I beat Kirby, I didn’t go back to FE until today… but man, it’s just as good as I remember! There’s some new waves of DLC that I haven’t experienced yet, so I’m taking care of that stuff first. The game is a blast, and I’m pumped that my playthrough is moving forward!

I want a Kirby film.

With their weird and dark themes they hide behind their cuteness.

Would be a interesting film if they went all out lol

4. Elemental (new Pixar)
  5. The Flash
Your post is the first time I've heard of Ruby Gillman. I think the goodwill for Spider-Verse will carry that one to success, and WB is premiering The Flash, in full, way ahead of schedule this month at CinemaCon, the exact strategy Top Gun: Maverick used last year...such an exciting wild card. Elemental is def going to flop, and if Transformers doesn't get carried by China again that'll probably flop

Is there anything wrong with using a walkthrough?
Better brush up on your local laws. I tried using a walkthrough for Planescape Torment back during college. Not even five minutes after I had opened up GameFAQs, a smoke grenade was flung into my dorm room and I had to flee from the police.

Remember when you were made fun of for liking Nintendo, because it was for kids?

I feel like since the 2010s, it's become more acceptable to like things that are meant for younger audiences, with the rise of grown men watching cartoons like MLP: FiM.

Anyone have any idea if this would be a good PC for game development?

Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF Desktop Computer - Intel i7-3770 Upto 3.9GHz, AMD Radeon 1GB Graphics, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, DVD, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, TDL - Windows 10 Pro (RENEWED) https://a.co/d/agCY53x

It's definitely better than what I'm using now (8GB RAM 256GB SSD, 4 core CPU) but I'm wondering if it's probably worthwhile to spend a bit more for something better.

Remember when you were made fun of for liking Nintendo, because it was for kids?

I feel like since the 2010s, it's become more acceptable to like things that are meant for younger audiences, with the rise of grown men watching cartoons like MLP: FiM.
Nerds are more popular these days

A good development

At my local mall, the escalator to get to the movie theater is located in the middle of the food court. There's a Gamestop located in between the entrance and the food court so basically anyone going to see a movie has to pass by it. It's the busiest I've seen it in awhile. They pushed all of their Mario stuff to the front glass so everyone can see it as they walk by. They for sure want every hyped up kid coming out of the Mario movie to see that and drag their parents into the store.

U8N6G88.webp

Woke up with a pretty bad crick in my shoulder so, no joke, on this day that I'm heading out to see the Mario movie, I find myself walking around like this:
InformalNewLemur-max-1mb.gif

Thread's a bit slow lately, everyone must be out seeing Mario movies and doing Easter weekend stuff.

Game-wise, I'm still working on Labyrinth of Galleria, but I managed to grind out the key from Bocklin so I'm in (what I think is) endgame prep mode now and powering up, which is fun. I'd like to at least beat the base game before TOTK comes out.

For other games, I have a giant stack of mystery/VN/adventure game-y type games I've been wanting to play, so let me ask you all, which one of these should I play first?

• Case of the Golden Idol
  • A Space for the Unbound
  • Unavowed
  • Process of Elimination
  • Paranormasight
  • Re:Call
  • Grim/Gal Guardians (this one's metroid-y not VN-y)

For other games, I have a giant stack of mystery/VN/adventure game-y type games I've been wanting to play, so let me ask you all, which one of these should I play first?
Heard great things about Case of the Golden Idol, and I’ve enjoyed the wistfulness of A Space for the Unbound from what I’ve played so far.

Technically my week of avatar shame is done, but since @mazi chose me a pretty cool avatar and I haven't posted a whole lot I will be extending it a few more days, maybe a week

Kit and Krysta have watched my diss track on Nintendo lmao. They both really enjoyed it; I'm super honoured! I was a little bit stressed about sending it to them because it is, well... a Nintendo diss track. But they loved it! I'm thrilled!

This happened on their patron-only Discord server. I would share screenshots as evidence, but I'm not sure if posting stuff from private Discord servers is allowed, so better safe than sorry. Unless I'm wrong about that, I guess you'll have to take my word for it for now!

• Process of Elimination
  • Paranormasight
  • Grim/Gal Guardians (this one's metroid-y not VN-y)
I played the demo of Process and Gal Guardians(that one was larger than I thought). They were fun, Process is a somewhat budget Danganronpa and GG is an interesting MV, I would need more time with the weapon selection cause I am not convinced. But I did buy/play (still have not beaten) Paranormasight and that game is a rollercoaster with interesting topics and scenarios.

In terms of length Process comes out Tuesday (idk), GG is around 10 hours and Paranormasight is around 12. Both are without 100% runs.

So in the end Paranormasight would be my recommendation. Hope this helps.

Kit and Krysta have watched my diss track on Nintendo lmao. They both really enjoyed it; I'm super honoured! I was a little bit stressed about sending it to them because it is, well... a Nintendo diss track. But they loved it! I'm thrilled!

This happened on their patron-only Discord server. I would share screenshots as evidence, but I'm not sure if posting stuff from private Discord servers is allowed, so better safe than sorry. Unless I'm wrong about that, I guess you'll have to take my word for it for now!
Hey that's awesome dude! Hell of a senpai-noticed-me moment.

I want a Kirby film.

With their weird and dark themes they hide behind their cuteness.

Would be a interesting film if they went all out lol
I wanted to recommend the It's Kirby Time read-a-long video's from Nintendo but I don't think that's what you are looking for 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom