• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big “E3 is dead” vibes after this one. Basically every major publisher is out now

Wait really? Sony and MS also not attending? Because really, I thought this E3 would be the last chance of reviving it. If it's not happening this year, it's not happening ever again.

Wait really? Sony and MS also not attending? Because really, I thought this E3 would be the last chance of reviving it. If it's not happening this year, it's not happening ever again.
Sony hasn’t gone for years and MS already said they are having their own event. Ubisoft and Konami were the only major publishers left I think. Now down to Konami

Did anyone see that WSJ video about Nintendo? It is full of misinformation but still quite positive, which is quite surprising to be honest.

Week 4 Question
Good day, everyone! I'm back from travels to my first Springsteen concert this year that prevented me from announcing the Week 4 question I have for everyone, but the wait is no more! This week, I'd like to pose this topic of discussion for you all: What are your top 5 most anticipated games coming to Switch? Why top 5 instead of top 6? We're ranking games from #2 to #6. I dunno where you think you are, but if you have a game that you're more excited for than Zelda: TotK, I would genuinely love to hear it but lord you best be ready for a dogpilin'. ANYWAYS, share a sentence or two of why you're excited for a game that's confirmed coming soon or a third party title you believe will be coming to Switch before long!

#2 - Pikmin 4
Oh man this has been a long time coming, and I can't believe that we're also getting a release less than four months away! The trailers already look gorgeous, I know the music will be sublime, and I can't wait for how gorgeous this will look when developed for an HD console from the start (and hopefully rendered at 1080p rather than P3D's 720p)

#3 - Advance Wars 1+2: Re Boot Camp
I never did pick up these games back on GBA back in the day, and while I still don't know what to expect I know that they are beloved for a reason. Hell, I could be tricked into believing that if this series can eventually crawl back from the dead, maybe there's hope for Custom Robo yet

#4 - Metroid Prime 4
Do we know nothing beyond a title card? Correct. At least there is one known constant: it will certainly come to base Switch regardless of any new potential hardware. That'd be stupid as hell to have announced it for Switch in 2017, let people buy the console in anticipation of the title, and 6-7 years later turn around and say "haha jk it's not coming to the console you bought it for"

#5 - Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
Gamecube nostalgia is all I need to be hyped for this release; this was my first foray into the Harvest Moon Story of Seasons franchise and it's stuck with me since. Don't get me wrong, Stardew Valley is the golden child of farming sims and has earned every award it's received, but if I can be completely honest? The way AWL handles the passage of time to give you an emotional gut punch as your in-game child ages, your neighbours grow up around you, and your spouse in game turns as grey as you...tell me why was I bawling my eyes out as if I lived this grand old life when the credits rolled when I was like 14 years old. That game had no reason making me as emotional as it did. Can't wait for it to do it again.

#6 - Halo: Master Chief Collection
JUST LET ME BELIEVE, DAMMIT.

I hope y'all enjoyed these weekly questions, and though it's only a few days before we have @Josh5890 take the lead for ST19, I do have one more question in just two days time which will also have not one but two $5 eShop gift cards to raffle off 👀 (note to mods: I can do that as OP, right?). One card will be for US residents (as the code I have was won from an Era contest that when I attempted to cash it in, told me I was ineligible to redeem 🙃 Also I really hope they don't expire if not used after three years lmao), and the other will be a $5 Canadian eShop card will be because I like my fellow Canadians on this board and I can easily get one from any SDM or Best Buy or Costco or whatever. To those in South America/UK/Europe/Asia/Australia...please understand 🙇‍♂️

Last edited:
Top 5 anticipated games:

• Tears of the kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • The Plucky Squire
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
  • Sea of Stars
Shoutout to Suikoden 1/2 but that’s a rerelease mostly so didn’t add it

Top 5 Anticipated Switch games

1. Tears of the Kingdom
2. Baten Kaitos Remaster
3. Pikmin 4
4. Advance Wars Reboot Camp
5. Probably one of those Level 5 games. Maybe Fantasy Life i or Deca Police.

1. Metroid Prime 4
  2. Tears of the Kingdom
  3. Metroid 6
  4. Metroid Primaster 2
  5. New Super Metroid U

Good day, everyone! I'm back from travels to my first Springsteen concert this year that prevented me from announcing the Week 4 question I have for everyone, but the wait is no more! This week, I'd like to pose this topic of discussion for you all: What are your top 5 most anticipated games coming to Switch? Why top 5 instead of top 6? We're ranking games from #2 to #6. I dunno where you think you are, but if you have a game that you're more excited for than Zelda: TotK, I would genuinely love to hear it but lord you best be ready for a dogpilin'. ANYWAYS, share a sentence or two of why you're excited for a game that's confirmed coming soon or a third party title you believe will be coming to Switch before long!

DQ III 2DHD
Can’t wait for this, I want it even more than Zelda. 2DHD is entirely my jam, and I’ve been holding off on playing DQIII since this was announced.

Ys X
Ys IX was disappointing for me but I’m really looking forward to a new combat system with a two-person party, and also Adol professionally wrecking ships again.

Mina the Hollower
Yacht Club don’t disappoint, and this looks akin to Shovel Knight in that it’s playing on people’s memories of what Links Awakening GB was like, rather than being a straight copy. The whip combat sounds more Castlevania too, and the use of the burrowing for attack and defence seems like the kind of elegant game design I like, where a central mechanic is used in lots of different ways.

Eiyuden Chronicle
Speaking of nostalgia, this looks like Suikoden but with some great character art. That’s about all I know and all I need to get excited.

Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
My boy Hershel coming back with a briefcase full of answers.

Updated the OP again (v1.4, please restart your device for effects to take place) and I've maxed out at the 30 image limit cap. Now I can't share sarcastic skeleton memes because we have no N64 or Sega Genesis updates yet 😒

Strictly Switch releases?

1. The Legend of Zelda: TotK
2. Pikmin 4
3. Disney Illusion Island
4. Advance Wars Reboot Camp
5. Metroid Prime 4

#2 - Pikmin 4
Oh man this has been a long time coming, and I can't believe that we're also getting a release less than four months away! The trailers already look gorgeous, I know the music will be sublime, and I can't wait for how gorgeous this will look when developed for an HD console from the start (and hopefully rendered at 1080p rather than P3D's 720p)

#3 - Advance Wars 1+2: Re Boot Camp
I never did pick up these games back on GBA back in the day, and while I still don't know what to expect I know that they are beloved for a reason. Hell, I could be tricked into believing that if this series can eventually crawl back from the dead, maybe there's hope for Custom Robo yet

#4 - Metroid Prime 4
Do we know nothing beyond a title card? Correct. At least there is one known constant: it will certainly come to base Switch regardless of any new potential hardware. That'd be stupid as hell to have announced it for Switch in 2017, let people buy the console in anticipation of the title, and 6-7 years later turn around and say "haha jk it's not coming to the console you bought it for"

#5 - Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
Gamecube nostalgia is all I need to be hyped for this release; this was my first foray into the Harvest Moon Story of Seasons franchise and it's stuck with me since. Don't get me wrong, Stardew Valley is the golden child of farming sims and has earned every award it's received, but if I can be completely honest? The way AWL handles the passage of time to give you an emotional gut punch as your in-game child ages, your neighbours grow up around you, and your spouse in game turns as grey as you...tell me why was I bawling my eyes out as if I lived this grand old life when the credits rolled when I was like 14 years old. That game had no reason making me as emotional as it did. Can't wait for it to do it again.

#6 - Halo: Master Chief Collection
JUST LET ME BELIEVE, DAMMIT.

I hope y'all enjoyed these weekly questions, and though it's only a few days before we have @Josh5890 take the lead for ST19, I do have one more question in just two days time which will also have not one but two $5 eShop gift cards to raffle off 👀 (note to mods: I can do that as OP, right?). One card will be for US residents (as the code I have was won from an Era contest that when I attempted to cash it in, told me I was ineligible to redeem 🙃 Also I really hope they don't expire if not used after three years lmao), and the other will be a $5 Canadian eShop card will be because I like my fellow Canadians on this board and I can easily get one from any SDM or Best Buy or Costco or whatever. To those in South America/UK/Europe/Asia/Australia...please understand 🙇‍♂️
Uh.. wow. This might be tough, lemme see

Sea of Stars- gorgeous pixelart turn-based RPG with Mitsuda doing some music? yesplz

Baten Kaitos- literally anything MonolithSoft I'll look forward to at this point

Skies of Arcadia- if that tweet ain't bullshit (it better not be)

Silksong- come on Australia, stop making me wait

Grögol Bonanza- this OST's gonna be so good yall

could be bullshit

Oh it's Nick. He's been saying lots of things lately, have a long list of games he heard of waiting to be real. I haven't forgotten about that Soul Calibur remaster...
What are your top 5 most anticipated games coming to Switch?
TotK is not in my list sooo...

5- Layton & New World of Steam: Excited and a little bit worried... I don't want any slide puzzles!

4- Master Detective Archives: Rain Code: Danganronpa but it's open world and have some slasher action. Sounds exactly like my jam.

3- Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest Adventures of Dai: First DQ slasher game ( Swords dowsn't count) and looks slick as hell. Can't wait to get my hands on. Even started to read to manga just the get myself prepared.

2- Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time: The first game was addictive as hell. It's like a combination of better parts of Animal Crossing and Rune Factory. And the new one looks even better with terraforming and stuff. Thanks Inafking!

1- DECAPOLICE: Open world? Turn based RPG? Detective story? Shadow world? Shit, when did L-5 learn to speak my language? Drooled all over the screen when it was announced on the Direct.

Honorable mentions: Marvel Midnight Suns, Megaton Musashi Wired, Inazuma Eleven Victory Road, Fate Samurai Remnant, Baten Kaitos, Ys XI Nordics, Trails into Reverie, Disgaea 7, DQ3 remake, Advance Wars, Anno 1800, Steamworld Build

I dunno that I'm hype for any games coming to the Switch the rest of the year aside from the obvious Super Mega Baseball 4.
Surprised that it's coming Switch at all, now that it's owned by the real life LexCorp, EA. The other Switch series they bought, WRC Rally, bid adieu to the system...

package is passing through the hub less than 4 hours away yesterday…. Arrives there today and now isn’t being delivered till tomorrow well darn it
Also wait Nintendo bffr do we still not have an N64 NSO game this month?
Tonight or tomorrow would be most likely announcement if it happens. Could also be a genesis shadowdrop this week

ANYWAYS, share a sentence or two of why you're excited for a game that's confirmed coming soon or a third party title you believe will be coming to Switch before long!
2. Sea of Stars : it looks so good, I loved The Messenger, this is gonna be one of my games of the year unless they screwed up big time
3. Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland : same thing that with Sea of Stars, backed this one on Kickstarter, it looks great and I can't wait to play it
4. Baten Kaitos HD Remasters : the fact that the second one will be in english only is a bit of a bummer, but certainly won't stop me from enjoying this two masterpieces
5. Moonstone Island : the game seems in deep need of optimization right now, but the core concept of "Animal Crossing x Pokémon" seems great, the art direction is appealing, I just need a great cozy indie game and hope this'll be it
6. Yakuza 0 : listen, I chose to believe. I wanna be able to give 100% to a Switch game before the system dies.

6) Ys X
5) Dragon Quest III 2D HD
4) Advance Wars Reboot Camp
3) Metroid Prime 4
2) Pikmin 4

Still some real quality coming at this late stage. Neat.

An Unexpected Journey is a lot better than I remembered. I kinda get why they split this into 3 movies, seeing as Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth movies are more about immersing the viewer in the world rather than simply retelling the stories. I haven’t seen the other two Hobbit movies yet though.

Also the songs simply aren’t as good as the animated movie’s.

Most anticipated Switch games:

1. New DK game: Huge DK fan, it's been 9 years since the last game, I feel like a new game's finally almost ready, really looking forward to the announcement
2. Crash Team Rumble: Would have preferred another Crash platformer but still a huge Crash fan, this looks different/fun, I'm interested
3. Lego 2K Drive: Loved Lego Racers 1/2, have a ton of nostalgia for those games, this basically looks like Lego Racers 3 and I'm totally here for it
4. Cavern of Dreams: Looks like a really interesting platformer
5. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk: Looks pretty fun

Join The Leg series producer, Haircut Aonuma, for roughly 10 minutes of gameplay from The Leg on 2/23 at too frickin early in the morning

Tears of the Kingdom gameplay just hours after the 3DS and Wii U eShops close. Coincidence?!

FsO0XIwXwAAUn0P.jpg:large

What does he know?! All Wii U and 3DS games can be found in Tears of the Kingdom, maybe?

I’ve developed an interest in just watching crawfish boil videos for some reason. I got no connection or experience with crawfish boils, nor do I have any connection to any region where this is popular.

Tears of the Kingdom gameplay just hours after the 3DS and Wii U eShops close. Coincidence?!

FsO0XIwXwAAUn0P.jpg:large

What does he know?! All Wii U and 3DS games can be found in Tears of the Kingdom, maybe?
Clearly ToTK is delayed and we get WW and TP remasters in the meantime as consolation price /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom