• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join The Leg series producer, Haircut Aonuma, for roughly 10 minutes of gameplay from The Leg on 2/23 at too frickin early in the morning
don’t you mean The Arm

Tears of the Kingdom

thanos-time.gif

rita-repulsa-funny.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

BriefThoroughFurseal-max-1mb.gif

In a good mood, got my pile of loot in, been waiting on a couple of these quite a while. The box was massive
IMG_6608.jpg

Going to have to do a backlog pic in the next week or so when one more thing gets in. Very happy about how chunky that mechagodzilla box was. First kit from that company tho.

Also finished this guy after chipping away all week. Nicer pics with the effect in the box tomorrow
IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

I swore I'd never pre-order from Best Buy again but I need that TotK pro controller and they were the first and so far only place with pre-orders.

The Desolation of Smaug was a very fun movie. I honestly loved the barrel stuff. Might do The Battle of the Five Armies today too. Not sure yet.

Play Breath of the Wild for the first time in 5 years, just goofing around, finding koroks and oh look it's dark now and 2 hours have passed

Fun OP lore time:

Back when I originally volunteered for ST18 (and intended to start drafting this several months in advance instead of several hours), I thought a cool idea would be a Futurama themed ST (assuming that the new season would have started airing by now, but also completely forgetting Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon was also due to release in March until like...mid-February lol). My intent was to learn how to make a quality GIF in super record time that would be the Futurama intro but instead spelling Famiboards and the dumb ST subtitle as the one-liner at the bottom as the image header. And probably crack some joke about "Good news everyone! I've created a thread that lets you read this in the voice of Professor Farnsworth!"

ANYWAYS that's not what came to pass nor will I hold claim to that idea if for whatever reason someone wants to do it in the future, but I was reminded of that thought because I just learned that 24 years ago today Futurama first aired on March 28th, 1999 on Fox.

In a good mood, got my pile of loot in, been waiting on a couple of these quite a while. The box was massive
IMG_6608.jpg

Going to have to do a backlog pic in the next week or so when one more thing gets in. Very happy about how chunky that mechagodzilla box was. First kit from that company tho.

Also finished this guy after chipping away all week. Nicer pics with the effect in the box tomorrow
IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg
I have a Master Gundam+Fuunsaki box just sitting on my desk...but I need new snips. and paint. and time. and talent.

Finally I feel I can safely get excited for TOTK.
To heck with the negative discourse, I like what I saw and darn its nice to feel positive again.
Can't wait to spend endless hours sticking random stuff together like a kindergarten kid on a sherbet bender.

First one was very good, second one was excellent, third one was ooof.
I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve always wanted to see a full adaptation of the Battle of the Five Armies that goes beyond just the five pages before Bilbo is knocked unconscious, but I ended up really liking it. I did watch the R rated extended version though. The gratuitous gore was entertaining.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve always wanted to see a full adaptation of the Battle of the Five Armies that goes beyond just the five pages before Bilbo is knocked unconscious, but I ended up really liking it. I did watch the R rated extended version though. The gratuitous gore was entertaining.

I saw most of the extended scenes in the 3rd film. I felt that the gore was incredibly unnecessary, and felt out of touch with the fact it was a children's novel. The fight between the elves and dwarves should have stayed in the movie though, in my opinion.

I saw most of the extended scenes in the 3rd film. I felt that the gore was incredibly unnecessary, and felt out of touch with the fact it was a children's novel. The fight between the elves and dwarves should have stayed in the movie though, in my opinion.
That’s fair. I’m doing Fellowship extended tomorrow, and it will be my first time watching the extended versions of LotR. So if it only goes up from here, I’ll gladly welcome it.

That’s fair. I’m doing Fellowship extended tomorrow, and it will be my first time watching the extended versions of LotR. So if it only goes up from here, I’ll gladly welcome it.
Each of the extended LotR movies are really good. The added scenes are enjoyable but not that substantial, pretty sure Jackson didnt film any Tom Bombadil scenes and I felt he was a component missing in the first film, although he would be a weird character for a movie. Extended RotK is a marathon.

Last edited:
Sony game pitch:
"For this game, we want to take players on an emotional journey where a man learns to love and care for his child. We want the experience to be cinematic and immersive with scenes that really out the depth of the characters"
"Beautiful. Games are art and we want to be on the level of other mediums such as film and TV"

Nintendo game pitch:
"What if you glue rock onto stick or glue stick onto longer stick?!
"Shut the fuck up! That's brilliant! The best game idea we've had since sticking oversized objects into your mouth!"

zGxHnWS.jpg

Currently at 32% positive reviews. Basically crashes and performance issues galore.
Well that’s embarrassing.

But I’m sure it’ll get fixed and everything. Still. You would think Sony’s biggest studio and one of their popular series they would avoid having this happening. Even if the port isn’t done by them

They're goooood

I know there's some back and forth in the fandom about the extra scenes bloating them a bit but personally when I watch the regular editions it feels like stuff's missing. The more time with those characters in those locales, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

They added gore? The hell?

I had a fun time with the first two and forgot the third immediately after leaving the theater. I would be haunted if it had had gore...

Any more so than the LotR EEs? I remember some heads and limbs coming off in those.
Like corpse explosions and stuff, but really only for the orcs, goblins and trolls. Some of it was done for comedic effect. Speaking of comedic effect, one of the most baffling decisions I’ve ever seen was when they used the Wilhelm scream during Thráin’s death scene.

Like corpse explosions and stuff, but really only for the orcs, goblins and trolls. Some of it was done for comedic effect. Speaking of comedic effect, one of the most baffling decisions I’ve ever seen was when they used the Wilhelm scream during Thráin’s death scene.
Pete still got a little bit of Bad Taste in him, huh?

They're goooood

I know there's some back and forth in the fandom about the extra scenes bloating them a bit but personally when I watch the regular editions it feels like stuff's missing. The more time with those characters in those locales, the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Fans don’t like the extended editions? It adds so much more and helps to smooth over some of the “deus ex machina” moments in the theatrical versions (can’t save the fact that they competent ruined Faramir at the end of Two Towers though).

Fans don’t like the extended editions? It adds so much more and helps to smooth over some of the “deus ex machina” moments in the theatrical versions (can’t save the fact that they competent ruined Faramir at the end of Two Towers though).
There’s been a bit of pushback toward any kind of epic taking its time to breathe lately. I guess LotR got caught in that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom