• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back when all those big tech layoffs were happening, I thought "At least working in the healthcare industry (sort of) means I probably won't experience that."

Welp, guess what I found out today? 🫠

(On the plus side I'll be paid as an employee through the end of May and get severance too.)
Sympathy Yeah!, goddamn

A while back when all those big tech layoffs were happening, I thought "At least working in the healthcare industry (sort of) means I probably won't experience that."

(On the plus side I'll be paid as an employee through the end of May and get severance too.)
Sorry :(

Ooof, sorry to hear that ☹️

Yeah, The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition was fantastic. Funny how I haven’t seen the theatrical version in 10+ years but I was still able to pick out most of the new scenes. Nothing felt out of place, it I guess I was familiar enough with the theatrical version. Them’s some long-ass credits though.

Wrapped up my Onimusha replay, and I need Capcom to revisit this franchise sooner rather than later. Ideally, I would prefer them to go all in on it, like they did with the Resi Remakes, but even something more low-key would be appreciated.

Imagine Onimusha in RE Engine…

God, the new Tron coaster at Disney was so incredibly meh. First time I've been actively disappointed in a ride.

Yeah, The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition was fantastic. Funny how I haven’t seen the theatrical version in 10+ years but I was still able to pick out most of the new scenes. Nothing felt out of place, it I guess I was familiar enough with the theatrical version. Them’s some long-ass credits though.
Wait till you get to the RotK credits. They pull a serious cutie with those

Knackered today so my only gaming consisted of roaming a little in Breath of the Wild with no particular aim other than to follow routes and cover terrain I didn't cover in my second and last playthrough five years ago. Such a good game to just wander around in.

Here's hoping for less fatigue in the next few days so I can try to finish A Space for the Unbound.

Wrapped up my Onimusha replay, and I need Capcom to revisit this franchise sooner rather than later. Ideally, I would prefer them to go all in on it, like they did with the Resi Remakes, but even something more low-key would be appreciated.

Imagine Onimusha in RE Engine…
Yes, please Capcom, I need 4K Jean Reno in my life

Love a good rogue eyelash in the eye, and then you can't see it anymore and the question of is it behind the upper eyelid or just gone becomes the question of the day.

So, recently bought a Retroid Pocket 3+. Kinda excited about it, because having a general all purpose emulation machine (that can also play modern Android games too) seems really nice. Just waiting for it to get here. Would also help me clear out some of my old library I've been dragging my heels on.

Stop, we have a thread for that
We need more

kylo-ren-more.gif

IMG_6613.jpg
And the clearance grab slipped on in. Definitely not getting any more SMP barring a Japan trip tho. I just love Daitarn’s design and the odds of itin another line as fully featured are low and I did get this on clearance at least. Will have to do a backlog pic soon, maybe this weekend.

the world looks gorgeous

I'm not a big fan of the combat, or rather the heavy effects they're using. So I hope we can tone them down.

But everything else they've shown of the game is mindblowing. Hard to believe that it's not open world with how expansive it looks.

I'm not a big fan of the combat, or rather the heavy effects they're using. So I hope we can tone them down.

But everything else they've shown of the game is mindblowing. Hard to believe that it's not open world with how expansive it looks.
yeah i’m not sure how the combat will play out, especially with how they’re saying each eikon fight will have a different kind of gameplay mechanic.

i liked how it flowed in ff7r…speaking of which they’re probably following that same vein of well it’s not open world but the corridor-style thing (not sure what it’s called) is expansive enough

Why am I not surprised DeSantis didn't think this through? Did he expect Disney to just roll over? They're the biggest media company and theme park owner on the planet!
Everyone (myself included) was wondering why Disney came out with that statement once this board took over saying they wouldn't fight it and they looked forward to working with them. Turns out they were waiting for this new board to find this out and cast the first stone themselves.

Just bought a fifth and probably final Switch.

I preordered the Zelda OLED. Not sure if I'll keep it but I have some time to ponder. Honestly, my launch day Switch has been serving me fine all these years and I don't play in handheld mode all too much so I wouldn't benefit from the OLED screen all that much. But still...Zelda.

Everyone (myself included) was wondering why Disney came out with that statement once this board took over saying they wouldn't fight it and they looked forward to working with them. Turns out they were waiting for this new board to find this out and cast the first stone themselves.
"We look forward to working with you"

* Mickey laughs manically in the background *

This will be OLED number 2 for me. I play a decent amount in handheld, ironically though far less than I did with the Wii U, which I played almost exclusively that way.

About to brew a nice cuppa joe and sit down to watch Aonuma-san explain Ultrahand for the nth time hbu

No I just don't like the vibe/discourse around that game. Too heated, negative and toxic.
I agree.

I, for one, am happily anticipating Tears of the Kingdom.

I believe it will be a great game and it will be.

(Though everyone is entitled to their opinions on the game otherwise and I wish them the best.)

:)

Playing NES Zelda for the first time, I am amazed at how obtuse this game is. The 80s was really just a completely different time.

It's nice though that Heart Containers give you a full heart. Just beat the first dungeon.

I can never watch a video about a game that has already come out - I always get a stupid recommendation for another video that has a thumbnail that ruins the story.

I can tell I’m broken since I just thought, and not for the first time, “TOTK is going to be amazing but… just think how fantastic and chaotic the speculation season and summer is going to be once it’s been out a while.”

I can tell I’m broken since I just thought, and not for the first time, “TOTK is going to be amazing but… just think how fantastic and chaotic the speculation season and summer is going to be once it’s been out a while.”
Tears of the Kingdom DLC will 100% open the summer Direct, book it.

I’ve been stuck on what is apparently the hardest boss in Labyrinth of Galleria for weeks now. I really don’t want to have to switch to easy difficulty lol

The next direct speculation thread is going to be the closest we get to flaming chibi robo I feel.

omg omg omg omg omg I did it I finally managed to nab a copy of TotK CE holy shit yassssssss

I'm so happy right now I'm not even that disgusted it's from Walmart

You don't fuck with The Mouse.
I just read what happened and hooooooo boy

That plus the big summit they have coming in September (I think?) are just a big ole chef's kiss

Granted as once-professional artist I've heard horror stories about Disney that definitely do not make me root for them per se, but there's something poetic about a massive corporation giving a public middle finger to a prominent conservative leader while the party screams "Free market capitalism!!! Companies can do whatever they want ....wait, not like that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom