• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fami! I posted about this a month ago, but I wanted to give a reminder for anyone who wasn't on when I posted it.

I finally released my first single! It's a music video themed around Nintendo and is largely inspired by the Famiboards community, so I wanted to give people who missed it another opportunity to watch.

I would be forever grateful if you check it out. I put my heart and soul into this, so I hope you like it!

i somehow missed this when you first posted it but having just watched it, it’s straight 🔥

So what's all the stuff set for today and tomorrow again?

• Fire Emblem Engage DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 4
  • Metroid Fusion on Game Boy Advance NSO

What am I missing?
Level-5 Vision
Nacon Connect
Capcom Spotlight

All three are tomorrow and will have updates on Switch titles. Level-5 one might have some new localization news too.

Work (mentoring for young autistics) has asked me to put together some course material for our gaming special interest group, I was born for this

Link-obtaining-the-Goddess-Sword-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-27606812-600-396.png

"Hi kids, in today's class we will be discussing the history of the Legends of Zelda series!"

Hey Fami! I posted about this a month ago, but I wanted to give a reminder for anyone who wasn't on when I posted it.

I finally released my first single! It's a music video themed around Nintendo and is largely inspired by the Famiboards community, so I wanted to give people who missed it another opportunity to watch.

I would be forever grateful if you check it out. I put my heart and soul into this, so I hope you like it!

I was about to hit that like button but then you said that Nintendo ruined Paper Mario so I reported the vid for hate speech instead (joke aside this is great and it must’ve been a ton of work !)

WAIT HOLY SHIT THIS COMES OUT FRIDAY?? I thought this was like several months away!

God please be good, I want to see this on Saturday now if I can
So, hum, went to see this this afternoon, and while it’s not awful, don’t do what I did and go into it with big expectations, it’s a fun movie, better than the last Jurassic World imo, but nothing groundbreaking at all! I thought it’d be more « Turok-y » but, hey, it’s still 90 minutes of Adam Driver and dinos so it can’t really be that bad.

(Also went to see The Whale, and the opposite happened : because I was so sure I was going to hate it I was very surprised and ended up liking it quite a bit. Aronofsky is still a director that thinks he’s way smarter and subtle than he actually is, and some shots in this are straight up ridiculous or voyeuristic, but the man knows how to compose a shot, all the actors are exceptional, and the ending made the whole room cry.)

I was about to hit that like button but then you said that Nintendo ruined Paper Mario so I reported the vid for hate speech instead (joke aside this is great and it must’ve been a ton of work !)
Thank you for the kind words!

And I'm really glad that certain lines (in this case, Paper Mario) can create a dialogue. I know everybody has their own opinions and I'm always happy to talk about them... I knew not everyone would agree with every single line in the song, but I think that's part of the fun!

Anyone have advice for a Sandisk SD card that suddenly stopped working on the Switch?

"This MicroSD card cannot be used, please format the SD card"

I'm gonna cry if I have to re-format it, it has the majority of my digital games + 4 years worth of game screenshots 😭😭

In like 45 days we’ve had FE Engage, Metroid Prime remastered, Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe, The Minish Cap, Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 3 and 8 new courses added to MK8, all released on the Switch. What a time to be alive.

Eye doctor appointment tomorrow morning. Counting down the minutes until those dreaded eye drops make their appearance.

Nintendo knew about Wii U bricking so they decided to port most games to Switch...but they forgot Xenoblade Chronicles X

If I were Microsoft, I'd hope the merger goes through, and then point to this comment and go "okay, COD will no longer be on the PlayStation".

I'm picturing a scenario where Sony gets so pissed about the deal going through that they forget the sign the 10-year agreement before the merger is finalized.

I have no idea how Jim Ryan still has his position. He's done literally nothing but fuck up.
Maybe he thought all the new modern warfare games were the original releases, and thus said he didn’t want the old games on PlayStation since no one wants to play those.

Damn, I just had an old moment. I watch the Rick Steves shows with the kids so they get some culture (and he’s a local icon in a way). Anyhow, some of the shows are old and 4:3 format. One asked why the show was so “short.” Hard for them to imagine live without wide screen formatting.

Hasn’t this executive been all over the place with memes and such about the merger? Not sure I give her a pass on unbiased interpretation. Also, of course they want to block the deal.
Yep, that's them. As soon as I read that name as the source I turned off my believe.

Oh for fuck sake. One of my childhood legends, the Reign Man, Shawn Kemp was arrested for a drive by shooting
Lemme tell ya about the time my childhood legend turned out to be a narcissist and also when he got arrested for insider trading 😛
(I know that's not the same as a drive by shooting but he's from Japan, they can't really pull that sorta thing off because, ya know, common sense laws)

Damn, I just had an old moment. I watch the Rick Steves shows with the kids so they get some culture (and he’s a local icon in a way). Anyhow, some of the shows are old and 4:3 format. One asked why the show was so “short.” Hard for them to imagine live without wide screen formatting.
My grandparents had a similar but opposite reaction to 16:9 being a thing. It bothered the hell outta them that tvs just got long for no reason 😅

This has been Choco Replies: Oops! All @Barely Able Edition!

Just catching up on daily news but Starfield being September 6th is actually great. Gives plenty of time for the massive May-June games to come out and breathe, then it can have this time slot pretty much to itself. Only thing close is Balder’s Gate 3, I think.

Just catching up on daily news but Starfield being September 6th is actually great. Gives plenty of time for the massive May-June games to come out and breathe, then it can have this time slot pretty much to itself. Only thing close is Balder’s Gate 3, I think.
Well, we know Nintendo has nothing in the second half of the year, so put all of the non-tendo in the back half…

Pixel remasters coming in summer and 16? I could see it if square is looking to release 50 switch games again like last year.
Knowing Square, in a month or so they’ll randomly tweet “Oh btw the FF pixel remasters have a release date! And a Chrono Trigger Switch port is coming! And Diofield Chronicle 2, somehow! And Voice of Cards: Can You Believe We Made Four of These Damn Things?, and uhhh, another SaGa game or something, I don’t know! And they’re all launching on the same day ONE ENTIRE DAY before FF16 comes out, because we wanted to make sure we didn’t put them on the same day as that; that’d be silly.”

By the way, speaking of Voice of Cards : where is the damn physical collection, Square ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom