• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripping off both companies. Having the Starfield Direct after a Showcase
To be fair, a "showcase" has long been established as this kinda thing, long before videogames existed. A "direct" was never something similar, that was actually coined specifically by Nintendo.

It's just funny that after such a long time trying to copy the format but using a distinct name (I guess to avoid the appearance of being a copycat?) they've just decided to stop bothering with that step.

Oh no

Oh no!

So many potential things

I've never read the Eragon books, but I take it from this you would heartily recommend? The last couple of series I've read have been Sanderson's Stormlight Archive (mostly enjoyable) and Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings (which I absolutely adored and would read again if I had time for 16 chunky fantasy books).
Oh, highly recommended. Until I saw the Lord of the Rings movies a couple years later (I know I'm way late to that party), this was perhaps the first anything I read/saw/played where not only was the conclusion to the story satisfying, but provided an epilogue that satiated every burning curiousity I had of "what happens to the cast of characters after?"

I also just realized this is a one year later story, and not Murtagh's adventures from when he got separated from Eragon, so I'm definitely all in on this next adventure!

This likely isn't just a one and done thing, either. Way back when Disney bought out Fox, they also maintained the rights to the Eragon film adaptation. The movie? Ass. BUT! If they wanted to, they could certainly move forward with a high fantasy TV series book adaptation to compete with Netflix's Sandman and Prime's Rings of Power. The books certainly have always lended themselves better to an episodic adventure anyhow than a movie based on one book that tried to tell two and a half novels worth of stories where the third book in the series wasn't even released yet.

If you're jumping in now, you can rest assured that this entire world of Alagaesia is waking up too well rested from a long dormant slumber

MS going all-in on taking the "Direct" branding, huh?

What if they deliberately put shitty things in their Directs to try and sabotage Nintendo's brand name?

Will he tell readers that he's too old for this shit?

:]
Kinda hope he does, but also I can't remember if he alluded to something similar in a previous book, so...guess I'm re-reading them!

I watched The Color Out Of Space and I honestly wish I hadn't.

Let's just say that horror movies don't agree with me...
Whenever I tried to talk to my boyfriend about that movie before we went and saw itz he would always mishear me as saying "Colorado Space".
I just posted this in the Books |ST| over on The Roost, but fuck it this is my ST and I'll post about what I want!

Eragon was first published 20 years ago this year. It's been 12 years since the final book, Inheritance. Fuck man, I am so stoked for October 28th

I'm glad you're excited (and I'm sure Paolini has improved) but I bounced really hard off the first page of Eragon back in the day.

And it begins (again)…

But they are doing this:

hold up wtf is that “PC … GAME” logo about

that cannot be real, right? they just made a bad little graphic and called it a day?

if that’s a thing, I wanna know who’s responsible. I have some choice words for them.

Whenever I tried to talk to my boyfriend about that movie before we went and saw itz he would always mishear me as saying "Colorado Space".

I'm glad you're excited (and I'm sure Paolini has improved) but I bounced really hard off the first page of Eragon back in the day.
Which is fair! No doubt the stories aren't for everyone, but honestly I'm just happy to know that the books themselves got more recognition than beyond me because everytime I tried to discuss them throughout my school career I was always met with blank stares and "never heard of it"

I shit you not, this is an OFFICIAL answer/statement from Sony about why MS shouldn't have CoD erm sorry, Activision/Blizzard. Because they might, on purpose, add BUGS to the PS versions of CoD! Adding bugs, ON PURPOSE, on a competitor console!
This all sounds like something the villain in Tomorrow Never Dies would do.
In fact, it's almost exactly what he does.

Which is fair! No doubt the stories aren't for everyone, but honestly I'm just happy to know that the books themselves got more recognition than beyond me because everytime I tried to discuss them throughout my school career I was always met with blank stares and "never heard of it"
It might be both a regional thing and the fact that I used to work for Barnes & Noble, but I remember them being heavily promoted back in the day. Particularly due to how young Paolini was when he started writing them.

I also used to hang out on some particularly negative forums that would relentless shit on them and that kind of rubbed off on me a bit. These days, while I'm probably never going to consider the first book to be good, I don't care if people enjoy them, more power to you.

I hated how Eragon (the actual character) was an asshole.

20220614-231927.jpg
The space RPG about nothing!

hold up wtf is that “PC … GAME” logo about

that cannot be real, right? they just made a bad little graphic and called it a day?

if that’s a thing, I wanna know who’s responsible. I have some choice words for them.
I think that is their PC gamepass font

Strangest thing of all time to be bothered by, but I just don't like the new placement of the Nintendo logo in their thumbnails. The first one where it's like a mark to the down left that sort of "pushes in" the thumbnail felt so distinct and tasteful.

The one starting in 2021 was a downgrade, but still worked.

This just looks dull :(

In this video essay I will explain why the Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge ride at the Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Japan theme parks is Mario Kart 10

Aaahahahahahahaha folks ... foooolks... this is golden!

About the MS/Acti merger, the CMA released statements by Sony and MS about it, and Sony just went to another comedy goldmine.

Read from here:

I shit you not, this is an OFFICIAL answer/statement from Sony about why MS shouldn't have CoD erm sorry, Activision/Blizzard. Because they might, on purpose, add BUGS to the PS versions of CoD! Adding bugs, ON PURPOSE, on a competitor console!

Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha.

End the week, the best joke has been done, there nothing that could be funnier this week.

literally-grasping-at-straws-reaching.gif
Not that Microsoft is any better with their whole "WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET BECAUSE HOLY SHIT WE FUCKING SUCK LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!" shtick, but Sony has been hilariously incompetent during this whole procedure, like when they argued that CoD on Nintendo consoles would be worthless because Nintendo's audience are kids and kids don't play CoD. Let's repeat that one: according to them, kids don't play CoD.

God knows how much time and money they're dedicating to this, and the best they can come up with reads like the writings of an unhinged fanboy on some random forum.

Not that Microsoft is any better with their whole "WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET BECAUSE HOLY SHIT WE FUCKING SUCK LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE!!!" shtick, but Sony has been hilariously incompetent during this whole procedure, like when they argued that CoD on Nintendo consoles would be worthless because Nintendo's audience are kids and kids don't play CoD. Let's repeat that one: according to them, kids don't play CoD.

God knows how much time and money they're dedicating to this, and the best they can come up with reads like the writings of an unhinged fanboy on some random forum.
Corporations telling lies again..news at 11

Corporations telling lies again..news at 11
I mean, sure, but they could have been at least competent lies. Like, one hears all these stories about extremely cunning lawyers that are able to twist and manipulate facts to make a good argument regarding pretty much everything and by comparison this whole "BUT WHAT IF THIS IS ALL A NEFARIOUS MICROSOFT PLOY TO CALL US BIG STUPID DOO-DOO HEADS BEHIND OUR BACKS" thing feels kind of pathetic.

Last edited:
Strangest thing of all time to be bothered by, but I just don't like the new placement of the Nintendo logo in their thumbnails. The first one where it's like a mark to the down left that sort of "pushes in" the thumbnail felt so distinct and tasteful.

The one starting in 2021 was a downgrade, but still worked.

This just looks dull :(

I literally never noticed this but now I'm always going to so thanks :)

Just came across this t-shirt and jezus, the reference had me laughing immediately 😂

nocturnetshirttjdcn.jpg

For those who don't know:

Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings (which I absolutely adored and would read again if I had time for 16 chunky fantasy books)
... and now thanks to you I wanna read them again! My only complaint with Realm of the Elderlings is that it's so good it kinda ruined a lot of fantasy books to me. And I don't understand how, in a post-LotR/GoT world, no one tried to adapt at least the Farseer trilogy in movies or series (but it's maybe for the best).

... and now thanks to you I wanna read them again! My only complaint with Realm of the Elderlings is that it's so good it kinda ruined a lot of fantasy books to me. And I don't understand how, in a post-LotR/GoT world, no one tried to adapt at least the Farseer trilogy in movies or series (but it's maybe for the best).
Yeah, one reason I didn't move on to other series was because of how superb Hobb's books are. I actually only ended up sinking into Stormlight Archive because I had seasonal depression at the end of 2021 and took extra time off work.

26 weeks until Starfield releases.

We are exactly half a year away from playing this game.
Yeah, gonna be a while. But if the game is a banger, no one will remember the delay.

Regardless, I'll probably still be playing TotK and RE4R, and maaaaaaaybe SF6.

So finally PS5's are readily available here in the Netherlands so I almost pulled the trigger that there are practically no games yet I want to play on it except Demon's souls abd replaying the Trails-series. I guess I wait a bit for the floodgates of content open. And hopefully a smaller redesign lmao

Edit: I do have a huge PS4 library so maybe replaying some of those would be good until new PS5 stuff comes out.

Retro has a contract with a senior lighting artist who worked at Naughty Dog, God of War Ragnarok, Ready at Dawn and Blizzard

Curious about Microsoft's lineup for the rest of the year with the Starfield delay. It seems like the holiday titles will be Starfield and Forza which is a pretty good lineup but that likely means there aren't going to be many surprise releases this year. Hellblade is probably next year.

I mean, sure, but they could have been at least competent lies. Like, one hears all these stories about extremely cunning lawyers that are able to twist and manipulate facts to make a good argument regarding pretty much everything and by comparison this whole "BUT WHAT IF THIS IS ALL A NEFARIOUS MICROSOFT PLOY TO CALL US BIG STUPID DOO-DOO HEADS BEHIND OUR BACKS" thing feels kind of pathetic.
I don’t think most lawyers are that cunning. Just the ones in movies.

Yeah, one reason I didn't move on to other series was because of how superb Hobb's books are. I actually only ended up sinking into Stormlight Archive because I had seasonal depression at the end of 2021 and took extra time off work.
I think Sanderson is really good at plot, magic systems, and world building, but in terms of characters I’m not sure there’s anyone better than Robin Hobb. You FEEL for Fitz and everyone in those books.

I’ve only read the first Eragon book, way back in high school, and I remember liking it decently but I never read onward. They were always everywhere in bookstores and the like, though, even places like Target.

Kind off topic(?) but for the last two weeks I can't purchase anything on eshop, every time I use a card I get an error and the same thing happens with paypal as well. I contacted Nintendo and basically they didn't help me at all except for waiting 7 days...
There's nothing wrong with any card that I used, they work perfectly fine in other sites. I literally tried every single solution that I found online,yet nothing works.
Did anyone ever have a similar problem?

My Wii U is definitely working, but I have no idea where my Xenoblade X save went lol

Kind off topic(?) but for the last two weeks I can't purchase anything on eshop, every time I use a card I get an error and the same thing happens with paypal as well. I contacted Nintendo and basically they didn't help me at all except for waiting 7 days...
There's nothing wrong with any card that I used, they work perfectly fine in other sites. I literally tried every single solution that I found online,yet nothing works.
Did anyone ever have a similar problem?
Any issue with something like the address being entered incorrectly or something? Another option would be to buy gift card credit on a third party website and add to your wallet, but understand if you want to zero out any balance

So finally PS5's are readily available here in the Netherlands so I almost pulled the trigger that there are practically no games yet I want to play on it except Demon's souls abd replaying the Trails-series. I guess I wait a bit for the floodgates of content open. And hopefully a smaller redesign lmao

Edit: I do have a huge PS4 library so maybe replaying some of those would be good until new PS5 stuff comes out.
This is why I'm getting a Steam Deck instead.

So what's all the stuff set for today and tomorrow again?

• Fire Emblem Engage DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 4
  • Metroid Fusion on Game Boy Advance NSO

What am I missing?

Hey Fami! I posted about this a month ago, but I wanted to give a reminder for anyone who wasn't on when I posted it.

I finally released my first single! It's a music video themed around Nintendo and is largely inspired by the Famiboards community, so I wanted to give people who missed it another opportunity to watch.

I would be forever grateful if you check it out. I put my heart and soul into this, so I hope you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom