• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work (mentoring for young autistics) has asked me to put together some course material for our gaming special interest group, I was born for this

Link-obtaining-the-Goddess-Sword-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-27606812-600-396.png

"Hi kids, in today's class we will be discussing the history of the Legends of Zelda series!"

So, how long does that course run? Or is it a multi-week one? ;D

I have no idea how Jim Ryan still has his position. He's done literally nothing but fuck up.

He had the comfortable job of being the European Sony boss, where you didn't have to do anything because the consoles kinda sold themselves here ever since PS2. But it's not like he wasn't already known for his bullshit back then.

Making him the big PS boss is kinda only looking at results and not at reasons behind it. Some analysts might've come to the conclusion that PS's european success didn't happen because Jimbob Ryan, but despite Jimbob.

Though, you gotta ask yourself if they really had better alternatives. They lost many of the good people, like Layden, or "promoted" them away into sidestuff like Yoshida.

Yesterday I realised I am more sensitive to input lag than I realised. Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA NSO) was almost impossible to play docked with Bluetooth headphones (Bose QuietComfort 35) and a Bluetooth controller (8bitdo Pro 2) connected at the same time. Very noticeable controller input lag and the rumble in this controller completely bugged when the headphones are connected (constant until either turned off or headphones disconnected). I will experiment more with official controllers.

Had no issue with Bluetooth headphones in handheld mode.

I've also noticed some controllers definitely lag more than others when docked, and I don't know how much of it is the GBA NSO app and how much off it is simply limited Bluetooth bandwidth and twitchy sensitive games.

Kinda irritating when your Switch downloads multiple updates but you can't see what got updated. I know that Kart, GBA, and FE Engage got updates today, but there's a mystery fourth update, too.

When in doubt, assume it's "Stability".

Kinda irritating when your Switch downloads multiple updates but you can't see what got updated. I know that Kart, GBA, and FE Engage got updates today, but there's a mystery fourth update, too.
For this very reason I have automatic updates switched off. That way when I click on a game and it informs me there is an update I look up the patch notes if available on the web. The only downside is if you're offline and you boot up a game that's been on your system for a while you might be playing it unpatched. (I try to check for updates on games I know I will likely play before heading off on a trip.)

the coolest thing anyone can do right now is light a fire

the hottest thing the weather can do right now is to stop snowing

the warmest thing right now is a bowl of ice cream

the coldest thing right now is a nice cup of hot tea

the farthest thing right now is under your nose

the closest thing right now is over there by the horizon

I keep wanting to play Metroid and Like a Dragon but life keeps getting in the way smh my head

Maybe if you try to kick-open doors like in that one Yakuza gif, real life would start to bother you less? Like ... make your point clear to real life by being extremely dramatic!

;D

does nintendo need to release a smash bros or mario kart ever again, ultimate’s roster is just phenomenal and 8dx’s track record (heh) is also vvv good. where do we go from here?

does nintendo need to release a smash bros or mario kart ever again, ultimate’s roster is just phenomenal and 8dx’s track record (heh) is also vvv good. where do we go from here?

Well as impressive as Smash Ultimate's roster is, the negotiations and contract work to get all the third party ones must have been a living, hellish nightmare and likely also somewhat expensive.

Deals might run out, Nintendo might not want to pay anymore, both, who knows.

But you can expect the next new Smash game to have a significantly smaller roster. I don't think they'll drop all 3rd party characters, like Sonic will likely stay, maybe the Belmonts too as i can't see Konami being a difficult or greedy business partner here, but chars like Joker and similar will (imo) definitely be dropped.

Last edited:
the coolest thing anyone can do right now is light a fire

the hottest thing the weather can do right now is to stop snowing

the warmest thing right now is a bowl of ice cream

the coldest thing right now is a nice cup of hot tea

the farthest thing right now is under your nose

the closest thing right now is over there by the horizon
Sleeper agents...WAKE UP!!!! This is your activation post!

Well it's official, my Switch SDcard has died after 4 years, and my stupid ass never figured to back any of the photos up.... the ones I never uploaded to Twitter or other places are gone. I feel like an idiot...

At the very least, I have a spare smaller GB one I can keep a few of my digital games on, and all my original BOTW photos/videos were saved to the system rather than the SD card. I'm still super bummed though :/

Well it's official, my Switch SDcard has died after 4 years, and my stupid ass never figured to back any of the photos up.... the ones I never uploaded to Twitter or other places are gone. I feel like an idiot...

At the very least, I have a spare smaller GB one I can keep a few of my digital games on, and all my original BOTW photos/videos were saved to the system rather than the SD card. I'm still super bummed though :/
Ah, sorry to hear that. A good reminder to everyone including myself to periodically back up screenshots/videos. I just checked mine and I have 1500 and I don't want to lose them.

Don't beat yourself up about it, though. Cloud storage integration with Drive or Dropbox would be so ideal in the future.

Not to worry everyone. Last night I had a dream that there are actually two 2D Donkey Kongs releasing this year, a traditional one that serves as a sequel to Tropicsl Freeze and a new rhythmic platformer releasing later on.

'No big games after Zelda" crew in ruins.

Noooo... sorry

So I had another one of my "Hey, lets pause everything I'm doing just to pick up a random game I feel like playing" and picked up Super Mario Sunshine, the 3D All-Stars version.

Discovered something hilarious. You know that they had to switch around the buttons? So, for example, in the game, you press ZR instead of just R in order to spray water. So the button symbol is replaced in the dialogue text. It says "Use the ZR button to spray water", where you can sort of see that the "R" is cut out from the text and replaced with an "ZR" icon.

But they just... chopped off the audio? They couldn't bring FLUDD's voice actor back on board to rerecord the lines, so the line is, like, "Use the button to spray water", and between the "the" and "button", you can hear an extremely clear audio chop.

Well, I did it. I'm getting a Series X today. Anyone got suggestions for things I should do with it (besides game pass obviously)?

Megaton Musashi in the west with dynamic pro crossover suits intact?! I’m hype to grab it on my switch(also why is this the only announcement without a dedicated thread).

Saw they’re adding more too, hope we get Daitarn, Jeeg and Godannar

From Washington with Hate <- Oh sorry, has been done.
Earthrise
You never lived once

Last edited:
I really wish people would stop latching onto the rumor of a light second half (unless your memeing then carry on)
He already clarified it means no sales juggernauts after TotK and they don't count games like Pokemon because they aren't Nintendo made.

Donkey Kong doesn't count
Metroid doesn't count
Fire Emblem doesn't count
Xenoblade doesn't count
Pikmin doesn't count
Wario doesn't count
Mario spin offs don't count
Casual games don't count
F Zero doesn't count
Any other small franchises don't count

The rumor is worth less than worthless.

Going to step away from NSO for a bit and try a genre outside of my comfort zone with BioShock Remastered. Any tips? I think the last FPS I played was Exhumed (aka Powerslave) on the original PlayStation. 😅

I just remembered that Hollow Knight: Silksong is a game that is happening and that it has been in development for ages but I kind of need it now, please.

I just remembered that Hollow Knight: Silksong is a game that is happening and that it has been in development for ages but I kind of need it now, please.

What would you say if i told you i played Silksong at Gamescom 2019. Okay, i played a demo.

:]

I really wish people would stop latching onto the rumor of a light second half (unless your memeing then carry on)
He already clarified it means no sales juggernauts after TotK and they don't count games like Pokemon because they aren't Nintendo made.

Donkey Kong doesn't count
Metroid doesn't count
Fire Emblem doesn't count
Xenoblade doesn't count
Pikmin doesn't count
Wario doesn't count
Mario spin offs don't count
Casual games don't count
F Zero doesn't count
Any other small franchises don't count

The rumor is worth less than worthless.
Even without that rumor you would have a good % of people saying the same things still, certain groups just want the big heavy hitters all of the time. They only care about a smaller series if it's big to them.

I truly envy these people at times, because they have less things to buy lol

Yottagramme of Discord (I had to do too much Googling for the antonyms of 'quantum' and 'solace')

~~~

I want an N64 NSO update, but I have a sinking feeling we're not getting anything beyond Metroid Fusion.

What equally frustrates me is that Gameboy might get more regular releases to take over NES/SNES updates, but no doubt Pokemon TCG (like, probably one of the only games I would care to play on GBC), is probably not coming in that first batch of releases either 🙃

Yottagramme of Discord (I had to do too much Googling for the antonyms of 'quantum' and 'solace')

~~~

I want an N64 NSO update, but I have a sinking feeling we're not getting anything beyond Metroid Fusion.

What equally frustrates me is that Gameboy might get more regular releases to take over NES/SNES updates, but no doubt Pokemon TCG (like, probably one of the only games I would care to play on GBC), is probably not coming in that first batch of releases either 🙃
we’re gonna be waiting like 5 years for DK94 smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom