• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

I can see Nintendo doing another live event NWC this summer, maybe it ends with the public reveal of Switch 2 and the finalist get to play Switch 2's "wii sports/nintendo land/1-2 switch" game as the finals.

I can see Nintendo doing another live event NWC this summer, maybe it ends with the public reveal of Switch 2 and the finalist get to play Switch 2's "wii sports/nintendo land/1-2 switch" game as the finals.
Another Nintendo Live to coincide with PAX and they do it there?

I’m going with “mystery option none of us has considered yet” as the actual meaning here.

Pyoro did also like this

and some googling reveals that "NWC" was a wrestling company in the 90s

maybe Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Princess Peach, Luigi, Toad, and Diddy Kong will make an appearance at some wrestling event to promote the park?

I would love a return of the Nintendo World Championship, the recent ones were super fun and were a pretty big productions. Good filler if the year is light too.

giphy.gif

The 2015 one ended on the full reveal of Super Mario Maker and the 2017 one had an unseen Super Mario Odyssey course...

I say they end with the reveal of the next Mario Kart and finalists play a cup.

Or hey maybe it happens like the month before Metroid Prime 4 comes out and they have to speed run a section of the game or a boss.

That's just straight up a NWC cart

Whatever those numbers mean, they are not dates and they have been there since 1990

EZ7cD0t.jpeg

I knew something juicy happened when I woke up and saw this thread had 3 additional pages since before I went to bed last night.

That's a Friday, it might actually be it.
For the press release confirming "next gen hardware coming this FY Q4" to investors.

Then we wait until Fall for the hardware concept reveal trailer ala Switch 1

Then we wait until January 2025 to hear any actual game announcements and concrete hardware details.

No Directs until Jan 2025, remaining Switch 1 titles this year are revealed through social media posts.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Seems like a good bet. But does that mean Nintendo is announcing this at the meeting?

I wouldn't have expected a release date so soon, but maybe with all the leaks they'll just want to do it on their own terms.
Maybe not a release date, but as early as late April 2016 Nintendo was already saying the "NX" would release in March 2017. So a general confirmation and release month wouldn't be totally farfetched

I’d laugh if instead it was Super Mario Bros. 3 running on the NSO app

I'm sure if pyoro wanted to tease a new NWC event he wouldn't straight up post the cartridge. Aren't his leaks always cryptic in various degrees?

Pyoro stuff is always 1. accurate 2. imminent

So Switch 2 announcement by or on May 7th methinks.

Unless it has nothing to do with Switch 2.

Dr Mario, Super Mario World, Startropics, and the original Fire Emblem released in 1990. If it's not Switch 2, I'm expecting an announcement for something related to these titles (notably Fire Emblem).

Why are people expecting this to be Switch 2 related? Why not Nintendo World Championships related?

Pyoro stuff tends to be cryptic I guess.

And if you look at top right there are 4 switches. SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4.

Possibly meaning Switch 1, Switch Lite, Switch OLED, Switch 2

Plus the whole switches thing being on this Nintendo World Championship cartridge is so out of place... you know? lol

Why are people expecting this to be Switch 2 related? Why not Nintendo World Championships related?
I don't think Pyoro would tweet about competitions, especially so cryptically. They've said before that they don't tweet about stuff that they don't find interesting.

Back
Top Bottom