• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

Alright hear me out what if they won't be doing a traditional Direct this summer, instead going put on Nintendo World Championships 2024 while at Summer Game Fest Kickoff Nintendo going announce its remaining first party slate this year?

No way, is June actually on the table for... something? Whatever it is, I'll take it.
I’m more inclined to believe that this is referring to the Nintendo World Championships are returning at Summer Games Fest/Next Direct.
Nintendo doesn't do Summer Games Fest, so that at least is out

Obviously they’ll announce Mother 3 internationally just like they did for Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings back at the 2015 World Championships.

It’s all coming together.

Nintendo World Championships where at the end they reveal the Switch 2 and the final game challenge is a race on a brand new Mario Kart would be pretty hype

I dont get the kneejerk reaction to defend a multibillion dollar company

Granted I’m the first person to defend Nintendo on accusations that the quality of their games isn’t good but that’s because I respect the artists behind the games immensely

But the corporate leadership? Cmon, this is supposed to be a leftist site, have a little anti capitalist rage here and there
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times
👇👇👇
Microsoft fans: fuck Sony

Sony fans: fuck Microsoft

Nintendo fans: fuck Nintendo

If it's Switch 2, it has to be an actually decent reveal of it. There's no way Pyoro would know exactly what Nintendo would say to their investors or a memo that'd be sent out. If they knew that, it'd mean they're in some very high level position.

Obviously they’ll announce Mother 3 internationally just like they did for Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings back at the 2015 World Championships.

It’s all coming together.
Please stop. My body can only contain so much hype!

How does 37.5 translate to 5/7? How would a cartridge made in the 90s be this specific for a switch 2 announcement. That would be ancient aliens level conspiracy

Well, most of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY, so remove the 3 and you have May 7th, the day of Nintendo's current FY financial briefing. ^^

I’m probably reading the DIP switches wrong but is 3 the only one ON or the only one OFF?

NWC 1990 occurred on Oct 10th apparently if that contextualises anything

(Some other nonsensical speculation based on the crumbs from the tweet: 37.5 -> minako in goroawase / backwards konami, 37.5s is also 5/8 of a minute, why is there only NT2 visible near the DIP switches, is there significance in the game choices for the cart)

Last edited:
A cryptic Pyoro Tweet?

Nintendo Youtubers right now

vQSQGFd.jpeg

Last edited:
I get that dating convention, but we are just removing random things to convince ourselves of the date now?

Dunno. I think going such ways are more likely than Pyoro teasing some NSO release, or a championship event.

The SEGA/Atlus leaker Midori apparently re-tweeted Pyoro's tweet ... so i do think something like the above are unlikely to be the meaning of the tease. ^^

Nintendo gonna use May 7th to announce that Nintendo World Championships 2024 will propel their stonks to new heights this fiscal year

Please understand

I believe it's more likely that it's a riddle for the SW2 than a tease that Nintendo World Championship's would be back... BUT, they did bring it back in 2017, the year Switch launched, and they had Super Mario Maker 2 be fully revealed on the 2015 one(as well as Blast Ball looooool).

If the SW2 3(7.5) means May 7th, I think it could mean they'll have a PR recognizing hardware coming this FY shortly before or after the Investors Meeting.

If somehow the October 10th of the 1990 NWC means a 2024 release... Then hell I'm ready for them having a PR saying Metroid Prime 4 is coming this year and also releasing on Switch 2 like they did for Zelda.

I think regardless of any teases, if the new hardware was still planned for this FY there was very low likelihood of it not getting announced this coming week especially with no first party releases planned for this holiday including the usual Pokemon.

On a side note, Pyoro is usually pretty good on setting expectations with teases. When they’ve teased smaller announcements before like Pokemon or NSO updates they’re usually pretty direct about it. So this at least seems more in line with the pre direct week teases. Exciting times either way!

Oh my God it’s actually next week
Translation please?
Google translation reads weird, but until someone else does better:

• More than one Switch
  • The WC mentioned in this image actually took place on October 10, 1990
  • SW2 - 37.5 (5/7 is Nintendo's financial results day)

Pyoro, Pyoro...

But for real why wouldn't Nintendo actually release the rare games like NWC on NSO for those who don't have a spare $30K lying around? I believe something will happen on May 7th, but as for any bombshells at the IR meeting I'm watching with unheld breath

Ugh. I made a typo and realize I don’t have silent editing anymore…no point in changing anything at this point now that my powers are gone.

Didn't one of the world championships have blast ball before we knew about federation force?

Maybe this is a hint we'll soon see prime 4 but not know we're seeing prime 4

"It would be a bit strange for Pyoro to post a tip about a potential return of the Nintendo World Championship when last month we had a world championship for Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Pokémon already has a world championship scheduled too"

"It would be a bit strange for Pyoro to post a tip about a potential return of the Nintendo World Championship when last month we had a world championship for Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Pokémon already has a world championship scheduled too"

Not strange at all consider NWC is really more of a fun competition than Esports.

It just funny to me lot of people assuming NSW2 when in reality Pyro would just outright just say next console soon than rather posting a cartridge that could mean several things outside new hardware.

I love how vague that teaser is, but at least it coming from Pyoro probably means a quick turnaround on seeing what it means. They only post a week out from news, right?

I'm in kind of a weird spot of not actually caring that much about a Switch 2, because I don't really have the means to afford it right now. My main investment is in knowing if I'll be able to play Metroid Prime 4 when it releases, or if all the youtube hacks insisting it totes has to be a Switch 2 exclusive are actually right. Fingers crossed for cross-gen, personally.

If you haven't played Okami you need to stop worrying about upcoming games I fear.

Get on it now.

But in the meantime, I have Hollow Knight, Ori 1, and Okami as my backlog.

I can't see it being a actual Nintendo world championship in June as that is a extremely quick turn around to get contestants

Back
Top Bottom