• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

April (or up to May 5th) will have something, I'd bet my little squirrel hat on it. Nintendo isn't going to go into this investor's meeting without having something happen beforehand.

So, has Pyoro sang? If not, then no Direct this week...

Meaning no Indie, so we'll probably get a General in April
Pyoro's tweets usually start at random so... i guess we'll just wait tbh.

The only reason we knew about that last one was Outer Wilds right? If that's the case, Pyoro might literally just have nothing to talk about this time.

1. FE4 remake: The big opener of remakes. Comes in September 2024.
2. Kid Icarus Uprising HD: Bandai Namco's 3D action remaster project has been revealed! Releasing in October 2024.
3. Twilight Princess HD: A quick buck Zelda Switch port. Coming in July 2024
4-5. Paper mario TTYD and LM2HD: Little more info about these two remasters/remakes.
6. Warioware 99: A surprise shadowdrop release of a new warioware game after months of updates to the official Warioware site.
7. A new NDCube title: Rhythm Heaven maybe, but who knows? Comes in October 2024.
8. Endless Ocean: Another trailer for this big blue game
9. Splatoon 3 new amiibo: Two new splatoon 3 amiibo are coming later in 2024.
10. New 3D Kirby game (2025): Nintendo's second 2025 game reveal.
11. Mario Warriors: The big selling brand new fall Mario title of 2024. Releases in November 2024.
12. Mario & Luigi (2025): Mario & Luigi is coming back in 2025, developed by former AlphaDream staff.
13. Metroid Prime 4: The ending reveal, now coming in October 2024.

Direct April 2024
1) Opener: Fire Emblem GotW Remake (September)
2) Mid: Tomodachi 3 (July)
3) Last headline: Donkey Kong (October)
4) One more thing: Metroid Prime 2/3HD (April) + Prime 4 (November)

1. FE4 remake: The big opener of remakes. Comes in September 2024.
2. Kid Icarus Uprising HD: Bandai Namco's 3D action remaster project has been revealed! Releasing in October 2024.
3. Twilight Princess HD: A quick buck Zelda Switch port. Coming in July 2024
4-5. Paper mario TTYD and LM2HD: Little more info about these two remasters/remakes.
6. Warioware 99: A surprise shadowdrop release of a new warioware game after months of updates to the official Warioware site.
7. A new NDCube title: Rhythm Heaven maybe, but who knows? Comes in October 2024.
8. Endless Ocean: Another trailer for this big blue game
9. Splatoon 3 new amiibo: Two new splatoon 3 amiibo are coming later in 2024.
10. New 3D Kirby game (2025): Nintendo's second 2025 game reveal.
11. Mario Warriors: The big selling brand new fall Mario title of 2024. Releases in November 2024.
12. Mario & Luigi (2025): Mario & Luigi is coming back in 2025, developed by former AlphaDream staff.
13. Metroid Prime 4: The ending reveal, now coming in October 2024.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nintendo Direct: April 3rd 2024

Opener: a new 2D The Legend of Zelda game is coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2025;
_

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Remastered is coming this July. Features the new dungeon that was previously amiibo locked on Wii U, 60FPS and some touched up geometry, as well as a new lighting;

Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Unholy War is coming in August. A reimagining of the fourth Fire Emblem game;

Donkey Kong Country: Subtitle is coming in November. This new take on the Donkey Kong Country series will blend 2D and 3D gameplay and King K Rool and Pauline appear in the trailer. DK has a semi-redesign, he'll be somewhat similar to the movie design but not fully;

Super Mario Bros. Rosalina Wonder: an expansion to Super Mario Bros. Wonder, featuring Rosalina as a playable character, and new Wonder effects that mess with gravity, is coming this fall or next year, also available as a standalone physical game;

Ring Fit Adventure 2: in a brand new "Why the f they didn't save this for Switch 2?" twist, a Ring Fit Adventure sequel is announced, with semi-open world setting and a very exciting trailer. Coming this September;

Xenoblade Warriors: meet a new Xenoblade semi-canon story where cast from all around the franchise(and guests from Xenosaga even) unite to save Bionis from something idk;

Final segment: Metroid Samus Returns HD is available now. Metroid Prime 4 receives a 2 minute trailer that highlights story, the world map and Samus, with some sneak peak on the gameplay, with shots of exploration, combat and a new mechanic. Coming October 2024. Pre-orders available now. Demo will be available later that month.

Mario Party(October), Tomodachi Something(December) and New Pokémon Stadium(September) will be saved for June.

Direct starts, we have 5 minutes of Furukawa picking his nose and talking to the people in the room about the weather. Suddenly he says: ok, let me know when it's time. He approaches the camera and we hear a very faint sound of someone saying something. Suddenly Furukawa panics and the transmission is shut off.
Out of nowhere all the trailers are added to the Nintendo official YouTube channel as if a direct had actually happened.

Pyoro's tweets usually start at random so... i guess we'll just wait tbh.

The only reason we knew about that last one was Outer Wilds right? If that's the case, Pyoro might literally just have nothing to talk about this time.
+ the last Indie was only teased by Pyoro the day of annoucement, not before IIRC

Guessing no Indie World this week, they usually air on Wednesday’s (Although we did get a Tuesday one last year) so the announcement should have been today.

Guessing no Indie World this week, they usually air on Wednesday’s (Although we did get a Tuesday one last year) so the announcement should have been today.
It became very unlikely anyway when last week's Future Game Show got unusual amount of Switch announcements. And a big port: Tchia. Which could have been a nice Indie World closer. We also got some surprising shadowdrops too: Laika, Across the Obelisk and Unturned. The latter two are pretty popular games on steam.

I think we could get an Indie World around May. Little Kitty Big City is one of the most anticipated indie games for Switch, could get a shadowdrop there.

I have a quick request for you all:

If we reach, say, mid-April, and we haven’t heard anything out of Pyoro, can we please NOT all lose our minds and claim he’s lost his source? I feel like, a few times now, when Pyoro doesn’t say anything for a while, people start doomposting that he’s been caught and the bird’s wings have been clipped. This assertion has been consistently wrong; just because Pyoro doesn’t speak when you expect him to doesn’t mean he’s been caught.

This isn’t to say he’ll never be caught… technically, the doomposters could be right… but it’s just silly to say this every time Pyoro doesn’t speak for a two-week period. Pyoro will speak when there’s news to share, not necessarily when we EXPECT news to come.

Tell you what: I’ll start believing that Pyoro’s been caught either after (1) he goes six months straight without providing a leak, missing several pertinent Nintendo announcements in the meantime, OR (2) we somehow get definitive proof from a reputable source that Pyoro has been silenced.

Until then, I just don’t buy it.

I have a quick request for you all:

If we reach, say, mid-April, and we haven’t heard anything out of Pyoro, can we please NOT all lose our minds and claim he’s lost his source? I feel like, a few times now, when Pyoro doesn’t say anything for a while, people start doomposting that he’s been caught and the bird’s wings have been clipped. This assertion has been consistently wrong; just because Pyoro doesn’t speak when you expect him to doesn’t mean he’s been caught.

This isn’t to say he’ll never be caught… technically, the doomposters could be right… but it’s just silly to say this every time Pyoro doesn’t speak for a two-week period. Pyoro will speak when there’s news to share, not necessarily when we EXPECT news to come.

Tell you what: I’ll start believing that Pyoro’s been caught either after (1) he goes six months straight without providing a leak, missing several pertinent Nintendo announcements in the meantime, OR (2) we somehow get definitive proof from a reputable source that Pyoro has been silenced.

Until then, I just don’t buy it.
Exactly, are people forgetting that he‘s a 100% track record and we not?

If Indie World was this month it would have been last week before GDC and/or PAX East. It's over for that rumor (and therefore April Direct also loses an argument for it)

Time for a General Direct prediction/wish list! I’m gonna try and throw some fun ones in here that aren’t rumoured/obvious, because it’s just more fun that way :D Also, I’m just gonna focus on first/second-party since that’s where my expertise lies.

Nintendo Direct 4.10.2024

Opener:

-Fire Emblem 4 Remake reveal trailer / 8.29.2024

Headlines/Spotlights:

-Paper Mario TTYD gets new content trailer (side story: Luigi’s story) / 5.23.2024

-Splatoonville trailer: an ambitious experimental spin-off of Splatoon that goes for RPG gameplay, while making use of Splatoon lore and worldbuilding. / 10.24.2024

-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD. Very similar to the Pikmin 1 + 2 reveal: the games are shadowdropped digitally immediately and can be bought separately, or as a bundle for a reduced price. Physical dual pack releases on 6.6.2024

-Mario & Luigi: Triple Trouble reveal trailer: wha-? Who’s that that’s joined the brothers on their latest RPG adventure? Could it be… Princess Peach?? / Holiday 2024

-Tomodachi: Live it Up! reveal trailer. A sequel to the Tomodachi Life series, this entry comes with many features from the 3DS title, but it also allows you to explore areas of the island on foot as your look-alike and interact with your islanders by walking up and talking to them! / Early 2025

-Chibi-Robo: Surge Protector reveal trailer. Finally, a true sequel to the original Chibi-Robo in line with the original gameplay, has new locations and story to enjoy. / Holiday 2024

Closer:

Metroid segment:

-Prime 2 HD and Prime 3 HD dual pack. No shadowdrop so it doesn’t conflict with Zelda shadowdrops. This dual pack will release physically and digitally on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Game & Watch system. Enjoy the original Metroid and Metroid II on this Game & Watch system, just like the Mario and Zelda ones. Releases alongside the 2/3HD pack on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Prime 4 full reveal. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted. / 11.14.2024
GigaChad fantasy Direct, well done!

GigaChad fantasy Direct, well done!
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to come up with. I tried to make it not too big that it's totally unrealistic, but also not too small that it's boring. On another note, I am so proud of the name "Chibi-Robo: Surge Protector". To all the Nintendo ninjas reading this forum, could you pass that on to your bosses?

If Indie World was this month it would have been last week before GDC and/or PAX East. It's over for that rumor (and therefore April Direct also loses an argument for it)

Personally, I wouldn't make the connection between Indie World and Nintendo Direct ;)

Do you all think it's possible that the next Nintendo Direct is a Mini? I don't think it will be but if they want to just flesh out the summer, while doing trailers mostly on existing titles, I could see that being the case with them a normal Direct following it being in June?

Do you all think it's possible that the next Nintendo Direct is a Mini? I don't think it will be but if they want to just flesh out the summer, while doing trailers mostly on existing titles, I could see that being the case with them a normal Direct following it being in June?
I don't think they'll bother with another Mini. The release slate is stacked until July, it's General or bust now.

I still say no direct and switch2 reveal in june.

We normally get a new direct as soon as the last game of the season comes out.

We were supposed to get one as soon as peach was launched. Instead, they gave us dates for paper Mario and Luigi mansion 2.

I still say no direct and switch2 reveal in june.

We normally get a new direct as soon as the last game of the season comes out.

We were supposed to get one as soon as peach was launched. Instead, they gave us dates for paper Mario and Luigi mansion 2.
We're speculating that an April or May General Direct will happen because, as of right now, we do not know Nintendo's H2 software lineup, and I doubt that's something they would Twitter drop. Assuming the hypothetical June Switch 2 reveal is a thing:
  • We get an April General Direct.
  • A General Direct doesn't happen in April, but will happen in May.
  • A General Direct doesn't happen in May.
  • Switch 2 reveal in June.
Or:
  • Early June General Direct
  • Late June Switch 2 Reveal

I think we'll get a General Direct in between Endless Ocean and Thousand Year Door. It doesn't look like there's an Indieworld this month so the April Direct rumor is debunked now. May makes the most sense.

I think we'll get a General Direct in between Endless Ocean and Thousand Year Door. It doesn't look like there's an Indieworld this month so the April Direct rumor is debunked now. May makes the most sense.
Didn't someone claim we'll get a late April Direct because of an oopsie made with Endless Ocean?

Brazil said: direct in april and Indie World before the direct, PROBABLY in march. He never said that Indie World was 100% happening in march, could be in february or even in april, but before the direct...
Anyway, the info is from february, I hope Brazil come soon to say if he has any news about it.

What oopsie?
I can't exactly remember, but someone speculated that we're either getting a General Direct or late April or a Endless Ocean dedicated Direct in late April because of an observation they made.

It was in this very forum. I don't recall what exactly it was, but it was very curious

The last Partner Showcase had so many former Indie World games (Pepper Grinder, Another Crab's Treasure etc.) and had games like Ender Magnolia that for a while now I have felt I wouldn't be surprised if an Indie World skipped this month even if general patterns and Brazil's rumor made it seem likely still. Not saying that to cast doubt on Brazil's rumor as he said March was always a maybe regardless, but yeah in similar fashion regardless of Brazil's April rumor for a Nintendo Direct, I do think there is a great chance for a full April Direct. Endless Ocean is the last new game on the calendar and we're still in the dark regarding what's going on exactly with Paper Mario TTYD so something in the next three weeks feels super plausible even if they could stretch it I think as far as mid May. I'm feeling good about April too because if Switch 2 was internally delayed out of this year they really need to make this year as a whole look as appealing as possible sooner than later.

I believe in April! I find it hard to believe Nintendo would break their "one month before release" pattern for big overview trailers like TTYD, so I'm thinking mid-to-late April for a General.

Last edited:
Noper

Back
Top Bottom