• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
... They could have just changed the style of trailer?
Yeah that is a possibility. They keep the devs hidden for some reason, they could have hidden that too.

But let's hope GoodFeel is not the devs and Nintendo didn't waste one of their best platform creator studios on a game that's not a platformer. GoodFeel is one of graphically component studios they have and they need the ones who need deliver a showcase game using the juice that the successor has.

We still can't predict what can be there in successor's first year other than the Mario stuff, most of the Nintendo affiliate studios just released their games. GoodFeel is the one should have something ready.

Yeah that is a possibility. They keep the devs hidden for some reason, they could have hidden that too.

But let's hope GoodFeel is not the devs and Nintendo didn't waste one of their best platform creator studios on a game that's not a platformer. GoodFeel is one of graphically component studios they have and they need the ones who need deliver a showcase game using the juice that the successor has.

We still can't predict what can be there in successor's first year other than the Mario stuff, most of the Nintendo affiliate studios just released their games. GoodFeel is the one should have something ready.

I think you feel a lot more strongly about Good Feel's financial importance than Nintendo themselves does...

You think the Sea of Thieves/Hi-Fi Rush announcement would happen in the next Direct or is too early? (being optimistic, just one of them would show up, not both)

I think you feel a lot more strongly about Good Feel's financial importance than Nintendo themselves does...
I absolutely do. They are strategically important, one of few Nintendo associate studios can make great use the platform that their games are on. Even on non-HD Wii.
You think the Sea of Thieves/Hi-Fi Rush announcement would happen in the next Direct or is too early? (being optimistic, just one of them would show up, not both)
Too early I think, Hi-Fi Rush doesn't seem to be Switch bound with the latest insider update and Grubb sounded like Sea of Stars Thieves port still hasn't been decided yet. I don't think we'll get any MS games on Switch.

But... MS games on NSO should be possible. Three Rare games are in, now they need to reveal the rest of them. Tooie, Blast Corps, Conker, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Battletoads, Banjo GBA, Mr Pants and Sabre Wolf! All of them. No Rare Replay but we'll get the important games anyway.

Good Feel is just clearly technically behind EPD, Next Level, and Retro and I might put them behind ND Cube as well…

They also exclusively have made platformers which might be the niche Nintendo needs the least amount of help in…

They’re not vital to have near launch…

Fans were convinced that TOTK would get DLC because the game didn't release with a Master Quest sort of mode, plus there's a certain character that's missing that the fandom was pretty much convinced would make a comeback via DLC

But Tears not getting DLC makes sense in the grand scheme of things
I definitely feel like it laid seeds for where to go if they decided to do DLC, (characters existing but not being named, Paya having no resolution to her story at all, Kass being completely missing but mentioned, 8 shrines away from max hearts/stamina and a large chunk of the sky map that's empty, among some more spoilery things) but they probably ultimately decided it would be best to get a new game ready for the next console's launch.

I’m happy it got no dlc. The game is huge af. It’s overwhelming and it’s better to get the head start on the next big 3D Zelda game because it’s going to be awhile…

One of my big complaints with Zelda TK was that it was too big, but there were very specific things I would have loved to have DLC of like a new dungeon or more Eventide-like Combat Shrines. Ah well.

Good Feel is just clearly technically behind EPD, Next Level, and Retro and I might put them behind ND Cube as well…

They also exclusively have made platformers which might be the niche Nintendo needs the least amount of help in…

Not vital but Yoshi is important to Nintendo and it’s useful to have a studio they can trust with it

Yeah, but I wish EPD would once again make a Yoshi game themself. Nothing against GoodFeel but Yoshi‘s island is still the best game of the series.
Honestly if I had to choose which Mario spinoff platformer Good Feel should give up making games for, it wouldn't even be Yoshi cause at least Woolly World was phenomenal.
Despite it's fantastic visuals, Wario Land Shake It is really weak compared to other entries and I would much rather Nintendo EPD return to that series for an exploration focused platformer.

There's not much DLC couldve done for TotK imo. The games problems run too deep, at least for me, and the only thing I'd be interested in, more story/lore, probably wouldn't really be the focus of the DLC considering they clearly weren't the focus for the base game.

Have to go with Metroid Prime 4. Mainly because I want to finally see it but also because I can't stand the "It should be on Swtich 2!!"-disocurse anymore,
I'm avatar betting that it will be a Switch game even if it comes post Switch 2 launch, I'm tired of all the posts suggesting it's now a Switch game. It just wasn't ready for release yet.

I'm avatar betting that it will be a Switch game even if it comes post Switch 2 launch, I'm tired of all the posts suggesting it's now a Switch game. It just wasn't ready for release yet.
your avatar if you're right:
KMR0TX1.jpg

your avatar if you're wrong:
D2OL1Im.jpg

TotK only needs a Master Mode which should be a free update anyway. It's as complete as a game can be otherwise.
I gotta wonder if the Zelda team views the Depths as TOTK's Master Mode. Enemies that remove hearts and hit harder, challenging traversal, and boss fight rematches. I don't know how a Master Mode wouldn't just be that but on the surface this time.

I gotta wonder if the Zelda team views the Depths as TOTK's Master Mode. Enemies that remove hearts and hit harder, challenging traversal, and boss fight rematches. I don't know how a Master Mode wouldn't just be that but on the surface this time.

I hope they don't! Master Mode could be so much more than just making enemies stronger. One of the ideas I had would be to restrict fast travel and eating when enemies are close-by, which would already make a huge difference in how you approach stronger enemies.

It's as complete as two games, hell

Now imagine them combining BotW and TotK into a single game for the Switch 2 launch...

Honestly if I had to choose which Mario spinoff platformer Good Feel should give up making games for, it wouldn't even be Yoshi cause at least Woolly World was phenomenal.
Despite it's fantastic visuals, Wario Land Shake It is really weak compared to other entries and I would much rather Nintendo EPD return to that series for an exploration focused platformer.
Crafted World was also great, I don’t understand the negative reception

Now imagine them combining BotW and TotK into a single game for the Switch 2 launch...
Just woke up thinking about that too!
And then I was thinking back to when they first shown the game on WiiU... imagine being actually able to see all the blades of grass moving in the wind this time around 👀

BotW is a phenomenal game but I never finished the DLC. Returning back to the game for more shrines that were just tacked onto the world is not it at all. For what it's worth tho, that DLC has the best boss battle in the entire game. And I thought it was cool how the fifth divine beast was under the shrine of resurrection. I did not do the sword trials or whatever it's called and I don't have any plans to do so

TotK on the other hand...oh boy. The depths are terrible and the overworld is the same so I ignored a whole chunk of the world in my playthrough. Thankfully the Zelda devs are smart and are working on their Switch 2 project instead of wasting time and resources on some tacked-on DLC, pushing the next Zelda back. If TotK suddenly gets DLC, I'm afraid I would have to skip it entirely.

That would be a complete waste of time and resources. Most people aren’t going to shell out another $70 for a compilation port of games they most likely already own and will already be playable on the new system through backward compatibility.

Plus I don’t think the optics of releasing deluxe ports of old Switch 1 games at launch would be great. Hardcore fans will call it a lazy cashgrab, and casuals won’t be enticed by something that looks so similar to what they already own (which was the problem with the big games at the Wii U’s launch).

The launch needs to be brand new first party games, and third party releases that weren’t available on Switch 1. Deluxe Ports of Switch games shouldn’t be a thing until late into the system’s life, if at all.

That would be a complete waste of time and resources. Most people aren’t going to shell out another $70 for a compilation port of a game they most likely already own and will already be playable on the new system through backward compatibility.

Plus I don’t think the optics of releasing deluxe ports of old Switch 1 games at launch would be great. Hardcore fans will call it a lazy cashgrab, and casuals won’t be enticed by something that looks so similar to what they already own (which was the problem with the big games at the Wii U’s launch).

The launch needs to be brand new first party games, and third party releases that weren’t available on Switch 1. Deluxe Ports of Switch games shouldn’t be a thing until late into the system’s life, if at all.
I have to disagree. They‘ll launch Switch Deluxe with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Deluxe and call it a day./s

Ace Combat 7 video was privated meaning it got out too early. Direct announcement today or a mini drop, there literally isn’t another explanation and if there is I won’t hear it.

That would be a complete waste of time and resources. Most people aren’t going to shell out another $70 for a compilation port of games they most likely already own and will already be playable on the new system through backward compatibility.

Rockstar announced a remaster of GTA5 for ps5/xsx, Sony announced a remaster of TLoU2, Nintendo can announce a remaster of MK8D for Switch 2. We've had people chomping at the bit for almost a year hoping Switch 2 would launch with a remaster for Zelda TotK, or that Prime 4 will be a cross gen or "have the Switch version canceled".

Nintendo shouldn't launch Switch with nothing but remasters of Switch 1 games, but that also doesn't mean they can't release native Switch 2 ports of their biggest games to take full advantage of the new systems bells and whistles over just a Switch 2 performance boost patch.

That would be a really complex project and don't think anyone would want to work on that, it's really messy design wise. I believe the Zelda team won't want to touch those two games for many years. At most they could leave a small team work on a few graphical enhancements for Switch 2.

Ace Combat 7 video was privated meaning it got out too early. Direct announcement today or a mini drop, there literally isn’t another explanation and if there is I won’t hear it.

Wouldn't it be a bit too early to upload the video (even if privated directly) when the Direct is still some good 3+ weeks away?

Wouldn't it be a bit too early to upload the video (even if privated directly) when the Direct is still some good 3+ weeks away?
In theory if Nintendo is shadow dropping a direct mini today then Namco's own version of the trailer might have been set to drop at the same time but someone screwed up.

Realistically though, we know a Direct Mini isn't happening otherwise Pyoro would have leaked the shit out of it.

I feel like we are safe from a Mini dropping since we’d still get some leaks and insider chatter plus Another Code is barely 48 hours away which I don’t think they’ll suck the hype from, but it would be a wild curveball after most of us became all in on February.

List of stuff I'd like to see but probably won't all be in a single Direct:

• metroid prime 4 finally
  • pikmin 4 dlc
  • tears of the kingdom free update (harder difficulty)
  • mario wonder dlc (hopefully challenge levels)
  • rhythm heaven
  • fire emblem remake (usually anti-remake but this one was never localized)
  • that goodfeel goemon-like getting localized

Vital or not, they do need a packed first year to drive the sales from get go and they can't trust third parties on that. Every other studio have released games within last 2 years, GoodFeel is one of the remaining studios who haven't done any big stuff in recent years (Bakeru is from the side team).

So we’re all eager to see Prime 4 this year.

Question is, how would you like for it to be revealed?

Like, full-on gameplay action trailer is something I feel could come closer to release. For a new trailer dropping in the imminent future, I would take just some drop-dead gorgeous panoramas over giant, imposing chozo statues, with thunder roaring in the distance. Followed by the “2024”, of course.

Like, full-on gameplay action trailer is something I feel could come closer to release. For a new trailer dropping in the imminent future, I would take just some drop-dead gorgeous panoramas over giant, imposing chozo statues, with thunder roaring in the distance. Followed by the “2024”, of course.
I think the way they revealed Dread was perfect. Granted, we already know Prime 4 is a thing, but I'd rather they reveal it with a full gameplay trailer within 3-4 months of release.

They've gone far enough without a peep, might as well go all the way.

Give it a Metroid Dread style trailer, tease some story, show lots of gameplay, end with an actual release date.

Rockstar announced a remaster of GTA5 for ps5/xsx, Sony announced a remaster of TLoU2, Nintendo can announce a remaster of MK8D for Switch 2. We've had people chomping at the bit for almost a year hoping Switch 2 would launch with a remaster for Zelda TotK, or that Prime 4 will be a cross gen or "have the Switch version canceled".

Nintendo shouldn't launch Switch with nothing but remasters of Switch 1 games, but that also doesn't mean they can't release native Switch 2 ports of their biggest games to take full advantage of the new systems bells and whistles over just a Switch 2 performance boost patch.
Both the GTA5 and TLoU2 remasters (especially TLoU2) have been widely criticized as lazy, cash-grabs, and the mark of unoriginality in today’s industry. Nintendo doesn’t need to follow in Sony and Rockstar’s footsteps on this one. They have an opportunity here to rise above the worst of modern trends.

Also cross-gen releases and late ports of games that are already backwards compatible are different things.

Both the GTA5 and TLoU2 remasters (especially TLoU2) have been widely criticized as lazy, cash-grabs, and the mark of unoriginality in today’s industry. Nintendo doesn’t need to follow in Sony and Rockstar’s footsteps on this one. They have an opportunity here to rise above the worst of modern trends.

Also cross-gen releases and late ports of games that are already backwards compatible are different things.
How should they “rise above” this trend? they themselves have been a huge example for full-price ports with minor additions. I don’t even really dislike these kind of titles, but Nintendo has been the #1 publisher for these games with the Switch. Let’s not pretend it’s others footsteps they’re following here.

How should they “rise above” this trend? they themselves have been a huge example for full-price ports with minor additions. I don’t even really dislike these kind of titles, but Nintendo has been the #1 publisher for these games with the Switch. Let’s not pretend it’s others footsteps they’re following here.
Nintendo is very bad when it comes to underwelming remasters, which is funny because there are examples of them putting comic amounts of effort into them. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition looks like a remake but it's mainly a giant coat of paint plus an entirely extra expansion included. Metroid Prime Remastered turned a Gamecube game into something that looks like it was released for the PS4. Even TP and WWHD both had a fair chunk of effort in addition to the visual upgrades. This company is annoying as hell sometimes...

That being said, I do think TLoU2 as a remaster is probably worse than even my much maligned views of SSHD. A lot of smaller changes were done to make the game far better paced and less annoying to play through, in addition to work with the button controls that help preserve the game. The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is basically just a director's cut by another name, it's visual upgrade virtually doesn't exist and it's main additions are "Oh wow, look at this scrapped content and developer insight into why we made this game!" plus an additional combat-focused mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom