• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh my top wants (improbable maybe) are perhaps a new console reveal at the end/late part of the year (god no switch 2…) Splatoon side order final trailer + release date, Princess Peach Showtime final trailer and maybe new forms?, Tomodachi Life Switch/DX/2 (pls just any tomodachi game) and if we’re lucky, along with the new console reveal the presenter says something,

“Just hold on one more second, lastly we have something special for you all,” snap the screen cuts to black, the sound of ink shooting is heard, the beginning riff of Splattack (like in Splatoon 1’s loading) plays as it swells into the proper song. Clips flash between those of the city, some battles and a faint view at the new idols then BAM: as the music gets to the high point the logo appears on screen: Splatoon 4, releasing the same day as the new console.(I put too much effort into this lol)

kHgZgOv.jpg

If the Switch 2 version is a full price release and not a free patch, TOTK will have to be downgraded from "disappointing" to "worst in series".

On a more serious note, I think this is possible, but not mutually exclusive with a free patch. DLC for TOTK exclusive to NG Switch, free enhancement patch for existing owners with just the graphical improvements. DLC + TOTK boxed release for 70$ with Switch 2 branding, or 20$ DLC for existing owners.

NG exclusive due to say, hugely increased enemy density, new particularly physics heavy areas, etc.

I think that would be a borderline redemption arc in my eyes; a heavy-on-the-gameplay DLC made possible by new hardware.

Yeah. I think I'd actually like that.

Smash Kart would absolutely still be branded Mario Kart (subtitle) You don't mess with a brand that strong. Wouldn't be surprised if they just did 9/10 as a number or console name again even.

I feel like even games like Fire Emblem or other games could still get representation with characters like Tiki/Sothis etc if they don't straight redesign a main character to fit (Link's proportions and design are fairly different compared to main line Zelda). And who's to say and art style shift wouldn't make it work? Smash is pretty cohesive, arguably Kart 8 looks more realistic than Ultimate and it looks great with MARIO characters.

Tracks can also be fantastical, but Kart already has airports and train stations (before considering City tracks) so I don't even know if a FE style fantasy world would really be out of place at all. As long as they don't make the tracks too boring visually I don't mind.

Of course they may very well limit it be like 20-30% Nintendo Characters 70% Mario and FE might not make that cut. They very well may not go full cross-over, but I'd still expect more cross over characters than 8 got, which only represented 3 franchises outside of Mario and friends (+DK+Yoshi).

If the Switch 2 version is a full price release and not a free patch, TOTK will have to be downgraded from "disappointing" to "worst in series".

On a more serious note, I think this is possible, but not mutually exclusive with a free patch. DLC for TOTK exclusive to NG Switch, free enhancement patch for existing owners with just the graphical improvements. DLC + TOTK boxed release for 70$ with Switch 2 branding, or 20$ DLC for existing owners.

NG exclusive due to say, hugely increased enemy density, new particularly physics heavy areas, etc.

I think that would be a borderline redemption arc in my eyes; a heavy-on-the-gameplay DLC made possible by new hardware.

Yeah. I think I'd actually like that.
They actually check your online activity and depending on how negative you were on the game the more they charge you for it.

I don’t know. I feel TOTK might be left alone as is.

guessing at best a switch 2 patch for improvements.

Tho I predicted DLC when it was first announced. I have to think the BOTW dlc did well, even if it wasn’t received as well

I chose Prime 4 as the "One last thing" because I don't see any of the other ones as a closer.

The thing is, I'm convinced Prime 2 HD / Remastered will be there and I think Shinya Takahashi (or maybe Kensuke Tanabe) will jump on the occasion to talk about Prime 4 like Shinya did with the Metroid Dread reveal.

So I'm also convinced that Prime 4 can't open the show. A whole new Mario / DK as the closer in the final year of the Switch 1, weeks / months before the Switch 2 reveal ? Nah.

I then thought "Turrican x Dora the Explorer : Kill the Justice Pigs" would've been a good choice but I don't think Factor 5 own Dora the Explorer. So meh, Prime 4 it is !

I hope Nintendo’s next great trailer is for Metroid.

Even now and then. They make an amazing trailer for a game and it’s the talk of the town lol.

Think my favorite of the Switch Era was the Mario Maker 2 reveal trailer. Even tho I didn’t care for the game. It was a remarkable trailer

Hoping for DK and F-Zero, but not monkey paw'd this time.
Even if it's just announcing something NSO related like Gamecube (doubt), an N64 overhaul (also doubt) or confirmation of more GBA games that included some F-Zero titles, that'd be fine for me.

But man I want GX with online so badly. And a new platformer where Donkey Kong is playable.

Would you have opposed giving Metroid Prime 4 to Bandai Namco because of moral scruples?

Did you oppose rebooting development on Metroid Prime 4 because of moral scruples?
Off topic.

But Jason Clarke was great in the film and doesn’t get much mention, so I’ll shout some praise for him. Stacked cast.

What an odd layout for that table, by the by.
Do you even have a clue how to build a table like that? What, think it's easy or something? It's not. It takes hours of precise measurements and application of tools. I've seen it done before. Many times. And I can assure you that the last thing on the craftsman's mind was whether or not some random internet person would find it acceptable. That table was designed that way...for a purpose. So the next time you want to criticize a table like that...consider your own life's construction. See, the only way to truly accept a table so unique is to accept yourself. It's what I've done. Through all my struggles in life, I have started to attain a greater understanding. We may not always know why something is the way it is. But once we realize the Process involved in its creation...well then the whole world begins to make a little more sense. I may have appeared combative at first, but I assure you it was merely my passion breaking through. I sincerely hope that such a table will no longer appear a mere oddity in your eyes.

I hope Nintendo’s next great trailer is for Metroid.

Even now and then. They make an amazing trailer for a game and it’s the talk of the town lol.

Think my favorite of the Switch Era was the Mario Maker 2 reveal trailer. Even tho I didn’t care for the game. It was a remarkable trailer

i heard Retro Studios is suposedly(huge suposedly) is partnening with a company know as Next Gen Dreams to produce a trailer for Metroid Prime 4, and the game is been debuging since march 2023, take all this with a huge huge grain of salt.

I've been tuned out of the community lately, are there any reliable rumours about the next direct or the NSW2 announcement? Thanks 💕

I've been tuned out of the community lately, are there any reliable rumours about the next direct or the NSW2 announcement? Thanks 💕
Next week… in gaming magazines…

The direct is probably second week of February like it always is. Nothing on Switch 2 yet.

New Island is actually a Direct sequel to DS, happens after Yoshi delivers other babies to their target. A new Yoshi's Island game would be Yoshi's Island 4.
I want another Woolly World or Crafted World, something without Baby Mario and with a brand new funky art style (for instance everything is made out of food)

i heard Retro Studios is suposedly(huge suposedly) is partnening with a company know as Next Gen Dreams to produce a trailer for Metroid Prime 4, and the game is been debuging since march 2023, take all this with a huge huge grain of salt.
I saw a video on youtube covering that, claiming to have huge breaking news about Prime 4 and then dropping bombs like "testers are using JIRA!!!" and extrapolating from a single employee's personal employment history that QA on Prime 4 must be finished, so I was definitely checked out by the time they got to talking about how Retro partnering with a co-development studio must mean that the Prime 4 trailer is almost here.

I mean, I hope so, but the particular video I watched did not provide me with any confidence.

I want another Woolly World or Crafted World, something without Baby Mario and with a brand new funky art style (for instance everything is made out of food)
GoodFeel is definitely doing another Yoshi game, they said Mameda Bakeru was just a side project. And this other one is gonna be a big one, they've been working on it since the launch of Crafted World. This could be Yoshi's first 3D adventure!

GoodFeel is definitely doing another Yoshi game, they said Mameda Bakeru was just a side project. And this other one is gonna be a big one, they've been working on it since the launch of Crafted World. This could be Yoshi's first 3D adventure!
I still think there's like a 30% chance GoodFeel turns out to be the studio behind the new Peach game

I still think there's like a 30% chance GoodFeel turns out to be the studio behind the new Peach game
Unlikely. GoodFeel uses Unreal Engine now, Peach is not a UE game. Peach is likely to be an EPD creation.

And it's a good thing that Nintendo saves bigger projects for the successor's first year, GoodFeel, Next Level etc. The first year needs to be full of big first party releases as it's Nintendo's job build an install base fast.

Unlikely. GoodFeel uses Unreal Engine now, Peach is not a UE game. Peach is likely to be an EPD creation.

And it's a good thing that Nintendo saves bigger projects for the successor's first year, GoodFeel, Next Level etc. The first year needs to be full of big first party releases as it's Nintendo's job build an install base fast.

Is there any reason to be confident Peach isn't Unreal?

Hot take: First-person games make for inherently worse trailers than third-person ones. You couldn't have made that amazing TOTK trailer if the game was first-person.
Which is why Deco never specified this was a first-person Metroid. It's a secret clue to inform us about a totally rad third-person Metroid.

If I recall correctly, we didn't know Pikmin 4 used UE until like a couple weeks before launch when those japanese preorder cards appeared online?

Do you even have a clue how to build a table like that? What, think it's easy or something? It's not. It takes hours of precise measurements and application of tools. I've seen it done before. Many times. And I can assure you that the last thing on the craftsman's mind was whether or not some random internet person would find it acceptable. That table was designed that way...for a purpose. So the next time you want to criticize a table like that...consider your own life's construction. See, the only way to truly accept a table so unique is to accept yourself. It's what I've done. Through all my struggles in life, I have started to attain a greater understanding. We may not always know why something is the way it is. But once we realize the Process involved in its creation...well then the whole world begins to make a little more sense. I may have appeared combative at first, but I assure you it was merely my passion breaking through. I sincerely hope that such a table will no longer appear a mere oddity in your eyes.
See, the thing is I built that table. It was a time of discovery, indeed. And do you know what that table means, the profound message in every cut and joining? It means I was high on painkillers and drunk on coffee, and my ever sleep-deprived brain said, "here, hold my table saw."

It was glorious, and I'm terrified to ever attempt introspection again.

Fans were convinced that TOTK would get DLC because the game didn't release with a Master Quest sort of mode, plus there's a certain character that's missing that the fandom was pretty much convinced would make a comeback via DLC

But Tears not getting DLC makes sense in the grand scheme of things

See, the thing is I built that table. It was a time of discovery, indeed. And do you know what that table means, the profound message in every cut and joining? It means I was high on painkillers and drunk on coffee, and my ever sleep-deprived brain said, "here, hold my table saw."

It was glorious, and I'm terrified to ever attempt introspection again.
O Supreme Overlord, thank you for gracing us with such a table. Though I am not mighty, I did look upon your work with despair. To be clear, I despaired not at its design. Rather, I despaired at my own ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom