• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't want Smash Kart because they don't want the identity of Mario Kart erased. People enjoy Mario Kart because it gives representation to a lot of underrepresented aspects to the series, and having characters who aren't playable anywhere else inevitably being cut to make room for a character which probably gets enough rep in their own series would hurt.
Hear, hear! Justice for Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina!

Here here! Justice for Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina!
Prime example. There's some truly goofy characters in Mario Kart, and some people are real dedicated fans. As much as I think Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina are wtf why???, I'd much rather have them and their Mario Kart quirkiness than a character to advertise a game or DLC coming out in 2 months.

I genuinely love Pink Gold Peach. In the next game I think she should be louder and have access to a time machine. Whenever she’s not in a race all the other characters should be asking “where’s Pink Gold Peach?”

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about there being more crossover in Kart. If anything, the Yoshi's Island track in the Booster Course Pass is more in line with what I want: Mario Kart content heavily informed by the whole history of the Mario series. Whether that's bringing back E Gadd, or adding odd racers like Wart, Fawful or Cappy, or racing through the Beanbean Kingdom, Rogueport and more, that's what I want. There's so much to draw on from across Super Mario. I do like the idea of a Nintendo All-Stars Racing, but if that happens, I'd want it to be independent of and distinct to Kart.

Besides, we're going to get Super Smash Warriors on Switch 2 to fill the gap before the next Smash Bros. People been asking for Subspace Emissary so long that Sakurai put Koei-Tecmo on the case.

Took to the very end of the holiday weekend for me, but a new poll is up!

Thanks to @meatbag for the poll idea and @Tangerine_Cookie for suggesting Metroid Prime Trilogy 2. I decided to roll with this poll since we are seemingly far out enough from the Direct that guessing “the one more thing” will definitely be tough. Curious what you all think it is going to be! I put together an amusing array of serious and joke answers, but if you think we’ll get something else definitely share in thread :)

My vote went to a new Donkey Kong.

I'm now convinced Metroid Prime 4's announcement will be attached to the Switch 2. Donkey Kong, on the other hand, I could see being announced early for the Switch only for it to be revealed, down the line, as a cross-gen game that will also appear on Switch 2 with upgraded graphics or something like that.

Crossover content being the main selling point or gimmick for the next Mario Kart would be pretty boring imo.

Just focus on that stuff for DLC for both courses and characters.

Have to go with Metroid Prime 4. Mainly because I want to finally see it but also because I can't stand the "It should be on Swtich 2!!"-disocurse anymore,

I genuinely believe there won't be a one more thing. One more thing needs to not come through sometimes to remain impactful, and there's no better time than now.

The "one more thing" will come three months later when they announce Nintendo Switch 2.

Just saw the games that would be included in the hypothetical Prime Trilogy 2. That thing would be cursed.

Now I'm going to have nightmares about that possibility. First they'll reveal Prime 4 has been rebooted again, and then they'll say, "But we have this to make up for it. We're sure you are going to love it."

Recap sizzle reel, but there will be at least two unannounced new games or ports in there that make people say "why didn't this get a proper announcement?"

My prediction is that the “one more thing” will be a video message from Koizumi saying that after 7 years of the Switch, Nintendo is planning to transition to new hardware. He clarifies that the Switch will still be supported, and that all games shown in the direct will be playable on their next system through backwards compatibility.

He then announces a date for the system’s reveal trailer, coming a few weeks later in March.

Re: Smash Kart - I feel like Mario Kart should stay as an homage to the Super Mario Bros. brand

What they can do is drip feed us characters from other popular franchises once in a whilw

My vote went to a new Donkey Kong.

I'm now convinced Metroid Prime 4's announcement will be attached to the Switch 2. Donkey Kong, on the other hand, I could see being announced early for the Switch only for it to be revealed, down the line, as a cross-gen game that will also appear on Switch 2 with upgraded graphics or something like that.
Agreed, at this point I feel Metroid Prime 4 is definitively tied to the Switch 2. If it wasn't, we would have heard about it already.

I'd not mind if Mario Kart started using more other Nintendo franchises, as long as it keeps enough room for wacky Mario tracks and characters. I wanna race as Ridley, damnit.

One thing I DO want them to do, tho, is, don't make a Mario Tennis next time. Make a Zelda Tennis. Same deal, but with a Zelda Cast.
Same with Strikers, imagine a Next Level Games Strikers, but it's Zelda, or Pokemon, or so. I need to see their gorgeous animation work on pissed Ganondorf when Link scores on him.

I’m team Donkey Kong since they’ll save Metroid Prime 4 for the Switch 2 reveal.

However if Switch 2 does pop up here, Prime 4 is getting shown.

Time to bet your life on the final announcement for the Direct. Imagine if your life was on the line. A lot of these answers gonna look real different lol
I was actually thinking this the other day: I always go for the unique angle, some weird approach beget by a quirk of the lineup or marketing cycle. That's why I supported the January mini this year, as it squared some circles with the Peach demo at Nintendo Live, the missing Fire Emblem remake, and maybe even a spring announcement of the new system. If there were any stakes at all though? You'd better believe I'd bet on an announcement the morning of February 6 and airing the evening of February 7th lmao

My prediction is that the “one more thing” will be a video message from Koizumi saying that after 7 years of the Switch, Nintendo is planning to transition to new hardware. He clarifies that the Switch will still be supported, and that all games shown in the direct will be playable on their next system through backwards compatibility.

He then announces a date for the system’s reveal trailer, coming a few weeks later in March.
this is a really nice idea and i wish it would happen

MP4 will be the closer so that they can show it in the Switch 2 trailer a month or so later to give the confirmation that it’s a cross gen game.

Time to bet your life on the final announcement for the Direct. Imagine if your life was on the line. A lot of these answers gonna look real different lol
given the possibilty of Switch sucessor launch this year, the final anouncement could be a cross-gen game(maybe tease 50 second of Metroid Prime 4 runing on Switch sucessor hardware,and hint you can play the game on both Switch and it sucessor or a remastered Metroid Prime 2/3(this is more likely)

Oh if my life is on the line? The one more thing is Unlimited SaGa HD and Unlimited SaGa 2. Why live with any other outcome.

E4suuHEVIAIAR-2

I'm still on belief that Metroid Prime 4 will be shown first running on the regular Switch, on its promised platform. Later on, they'll elaborate the game is a cross-gen and show what are the advantages on playing on Switch 2 (if any).

February 6th: Nintendo announce their Q3 fiscal results. They release a short statement confirming that next-generation Nintendo hardware will launch in the new fiscal year, and that further details will follow by the end of March. In the mean time, Nintendo remains committed to providing fun experiences for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. To this end, a Nintendo Direct will air globally tomorrow featuring the latest news on software for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. Next-generation hardware will not be discussed at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Please understand.

February 6th: Nintendo announce their Q3 fiscal results. They release a short statement confirming that next-generation Nintendo hardware will launch in the new fiscal year, and that further details will follow by the end of March. In the mean time, Nintendo remains committed to providing fun experiences for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. To this end, a Nintendo Direct will air globally tomorrow featuring the latest news on software for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. Next-generation hardware will not be discussed at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Please understand.
How do you know that? Did you read the script too?

That’s too nice and gives too much of a roadmap. We need some chaos decisions like entering February and dropping a Princess Peach Showtime only Direct so General Direct fans and Switch 2 fans alike are left baffled and then panic for a bit.

Kind of torn where Peach shows up next. Don’t think it’s this week, next week is packed, but then you start getting close to normal Direct time and yet also too close to the release date without updates. It’s tricky.

If this happens we’ll know for sure you’re Miyamoto.

Maybe I’m in full copium mode but:
February 6/7 direct
Opener fire emblem 4 remake
Closer switch 2 teaser with march full presentation and release in may.
If the console releases in September then scrap that. Also no new dk game, like ever, it never existed

surprise, they cancelled metroid 4 prime, a multiplayer game by gearbox

metroid prime 4 is still safe :)
Prime Hunters 2, set between Echoes and Corruption; Sammy, Rundy, Gandraydy and Ghory teaming up on a hostile planet, solving puzzles, blasting superbosses and then inevitably blowing the whole place up

The fact that we still have no idea for sure if Metroid Prime 4 is going to be on Switch 2 or not is baffling.

The fact that we still have no idea for sure if Metroid Prime 4 is going to be on Switch 2 or not is baffling.

They haven’t even announced Switch 2.

If they unveil Switch 2 and there’s zero mention of Prime 4 then that would be the time to make such a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom