• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just imagine him explaining this move to a board room full of Japanese executives or investors who can't do anything but stare back blankly.
Maybe they'll just say: "We agree. We've seen what those lunatics are writing, and they must be contained before it gets out of hand and it damages our reputation as a family-friendly business."

it's time

image.png
direct micro: hosted by koizumi singing a poke-rap styled song where he quickly names every switch title dropping in early 2024 while 1-2 seconds footage of each appears on screen as hes singing

I mean, only by name. Planet Coaster is only true successor to the RCT name, no one can say otherwise.
Depends. I think Parkitect is the perfect sequel to RCT 1 and 2, with Planet Coaster being a good sequel to RCT 3.

Speaking of Parkitect, please let it be revealed for Switch next week!

Nintendo should have mirco directs but instead of it being focused on upcoming announcements, it can be about various devs in Nintendo playing games that have released so far that year for a short bit.

Like how Koizumi and Takahashi played switch sports together. Think of the meme potential.

The one weird thing about the Switch version of Hi-Fi Rush getting possibly scrapped is that we just had that console exclusive t-shirt (along with the PS5 one) get data-mined in the recent anniversary update.
I'll once again point out that for the Switch t-shirt, they picked a logo with two fingers held up ...

while the Switch version might be scrapped, a Nintendo release may still be planned

Nintendo should have mirco directs but instead of it being focused on upcoming announcements, it can be about various devs in Nintendo playing games that have released so far that year for a short bit.

Like how Koizumi and Takahashi played switch sports together. Think of the meme potential.
Or it could just be Bill Trinen shoving donuts in his mouth while some current game plays in the back

d06.gif

They seem to have toned down this brand of lunacy

I think the Direct will end on Metroid Prime 4, bringing the Switch's life full-circle by ending the final Switch-only Direct on the game that was revealed at the beginning of the console's lifetime.

You think that Fire Emblem is the reason why these series aren't getting any new entries?

656ec606726e9d5161ecd49d3780aa98b1b8aba5.gifv
Obviously it's really the reason a new Panel De Pon hasn't been made instead.

I said that as a joke but it would actually make more sense than DK or Star Fox cause IntSys actually makes those games.

Next week it will be 10 years since Little Mac was revealed for Smash 4
Samus
was in the trailer

Metroid Prime 4 CONFIRMED???

tumblr_n11owc4UkJ1qzp9weo1_r2_400.gifv
Ooh! More importantly, this reminded me, it will be the 40th anniversary of Punch-Out.
Would be nice to get a new game, but I'll even take a port of Wii.

Obviously it's really the reason a new Panel De Pon hasn't been made instead.

I said that as a joke but it would actually make more sense than DK or Star Fox cause IntSys actually makes those games.
Yeah, same with Advance wars as well!

Im more hype for the Pokemon Presents than the Direct tbh... we are totally in the dark about the future of Pokemon and Scarlet and Violet left a lot of loose ends that I think may tie into whatever the next game ends up being

On the topic of FE4 Remake, what kind of animated cutscenes are we going to get you reckon?

The beautiful silky smooth CGI cutscenes such as Awakening, Fates and Engage or the choppy/low FPS CGI with bits of 2D animation such as Echoes and Three Houses?

this just in: furukawa announces the switch 2 won't be a new "traditional" console. they've heard us and listened to us and decided it'll be a life-sized body pillow of * insert fire emblem character * that can stream fire emblem games new and old directly into your brain.

If it's a general, I'm back to thinking we'll see FE4 Remake, Star Fox, Mario Wonder DLC, and Twilight Princess HD. Maybe a smaller e-shop game too. Not expecting anything bigger than those titles.

Predictions for the Direct:

Nintendo Direct 2.15.2024 | airs at 9am ET

Opener: Fire Emblem 4 Remake

Spotlights/Headlines (in no particular order):

-Princess Peach Showtime! trailer
-Super Mario Bros. Wonder DLC trailer
-Pikmin 4 free content update (more Dandori challenges, etc.)
-Take a closer look at the Nintendo museum!
-new GBA NSO content on the way!
-Luigi's Mansion 2 HD release date trailer
-Reminder: Mario vs. Donkey Kong releases tomorrow! Remember you can enjoy a free demo on the eShop right now! (no trailer)
-Paper Mario TTYD trailer that also reveals new content in the remake (EDIT: and release date)
-Tomodachi Life sequel

Closer: Metroid segment

-Metroid Prime 2 + 3 are shadowdropped onto Nintendo eShop with an upcoming physical release. They look better than the originals but are clearly not as big an upgrade as Metroid Prime Remastered. Now, we've got one last thing to show you...
-Ends on Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer slated for 2024. We don't see any gameplay but the Internet goes wild anyway about how incredible the cutscene looks.

You guys ever wonder if Pyoro doesn’t actually know anything, like he‘s just a super master mind who can predict Nintendo’s every move

Im more hype for the Pokemon Presents than the Direct tbh... we are totally in the dark about the future of Pokemon and Scarlet and Violet left a lot of loose ends that I think may tie into whatever the next game ends up being
Loose ends? I thought they pretty much tied everything up tbh.

On the topic of FE4 Remake, what kind of animated cutscenes are we going to get you reckon?

The beautiful silky smooth CGI cutscenes such as Awakening, Fates and Engage or the choppy/low FPS CGI with bits of 2D animation such as Echoes and Three Houses?
Ehhh, I don't think Echoes and 3H cutscenes should necessarily be lumped together, even if they're similar in certain ways. Each game had cutscenes done by a different studio, and visually they both look completely different. Echoes cutscenes look really ugly in addition to the bad choppy animation (pretty much the only major visual blemish on an otherwise great looking game) whereas 3H cutscenes actually look really good visually imo, it's just the terrible animation that hurts them.

As for the style FE4R will go for, I think it'll be something completely different than anything we've seen before. Hopefully the animation quality will lean more towards Awakening/Fates/Engage than Echoes/3H tho lol.

Ehhh, I don't think Echoes and 3H cutscenes should necessarily be lumped together, even if they're similar in certain ways. Each game had cutscenes done by a different studio, and visually they both look completely different. Echoes cutscenes look really ugly in addition to the bad choppy animation (pretty much the only major visual blemish on an otherwise great looking game) whereas 3H cutscenes actually look really good visually imo, it's just the terrible animation that hurts them.

As for the style FE4R will go for, I think it'll be something completely different than anything we've seen before. Hopefully the animation quality will lean more towards Awakening/Fates/Engage than Echoes/3H tho lol.

The question remains....Will a certain skewering in the Yied Desert and a certain barbecue be animated or shown through gameplay?

Begun, the Fire Emblem Wars amidst the Nintendo fanbase have.
It began with Corrin in Smash and never really stopped.

Since it's a remake I have been keeping my expectations in check. If Engage is anything to go by it'll look nice but I imagine they'll be willing to go with less impressive animation if it can save some money. Echoes, despite selling relatively much less than Awakening or Fates, still exceeded sales expectations so I predict that FE4R will be made under similar considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom