• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are we gonna feel when (not if) this direct ends with the announcement of “The Fighter Pass 3 DLC for the Super Smash Bros Ultimate game”
giphy.gif

They gotta drop Pikmin 4 DLC news right? I think that game could get another 2 areas and dandori challenges for like $15 and do well. I would like an area which are designed around rock and winged pikmin, they feel kinda forgotten in the base game.

The answer to why the Direct didn't happen this week:

"
Did you know the human brain is always on the lookout for patterns and connections in the world around us?

In 1994, Terry Mullen wrote a letter to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, where he observed after mentioning the name of a German terrorist group, he started encountering it more and more.

In 2005, Stanford linguistics professor Arnold Zwicky wrote about this phenomenon on his blog, naming it the 'frequency illusion.'
"

They gotta drop Pikmin 4 DLC news right? I think that game could get another 2 areas and dandori challenges for like $15 and do well. I would like an area which are designed around rock and winged pikmin, they feel kinda forgotten in the base game.
Hopefully! I'd be surprised if Pikmin or Mario Wonder don't get DLC, both have stuff in the files that indicates they should get some.

On the topic of FE4 Remake, what kind of animated cutscenes are we going to get you reckon?

The beautiful silky smooth CGI cutscenes such as Awakening, Fates and Engage or the choppy/low FPS CGI with bits of 2D animation such as Echoes and Three Houses?
I think it depends on the direction they're going.

If it carries the 'Echoes' subtitle like SoV, I could easily see the choppy FPS style. That said, I think if Engage was their most recent in-house FE game, then the silku smooth style is probably what they're still in gear for at present.

But, who knows? Genealogy of the Holy War is probably the most "serious" game in the series, so I don't which would better convey the story?

-Ends on Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer slated for 2024. We don't see any gameplay but the Internet goes wild anyway about how incredible the cutscene looks.
I personally can't see Nintendo showing off Metroid Prime 4 without gameplay. I think in one of Nate's podcasts he mentioned that Ninteno likely feels 'embarassed' (please correct me if I'm wrong, Nate) by the restart of development. Whether Nate actually said that or I made it up, I strongly agree with the idea that Nintendo doesn't want to show this game until it is absolutely ready.

Full gameplay trailer and releases within next year.

But, even if your prediction is right and it's just a cutscene or CG trailer, I'd still be beyond hyped.

The question remains....Will a certain skewering in the Yied Desert and a certain barbecue be animated or shown through gameplay?
I honestly think Belhalla has so much more impact as a playable section, but then again now that they can have cutscenes I would be surprised if its one starting once Sigurd is accused of treason.

Sell Super Smash Brother Ultimate Deluxe which is $90 and comes with all 3 fighter passes. Profit.
Super Smash Brother anything. Profit.

But ^that wouldn't be as profitable as putting the equivalent of "FP3" in the base of "Ultimate Deluxe" and releasing that on Switch 2, because otherwise it offers no new characters, so people who bought all three passes as DLC are less likely to drop 90 bucks on something they already own. Especially with bc.

Lock them to deluxe's base and more people will buy a whole other full game to get those exclusive characters. Plus then you're pushing a Switch 2 game instead of DLC for an old Switch game during the big wave of Switch 2 marketing.

But all of that is also still less likely than just getting a new Smash.

Hopefully! I'd be surprised if Pikmin or Mario Wonder don't get DLC, both have stuff in the files that indicates they should get some.
I honestly don't know what DLC would look like for Pikmin 4, aside from more Dandori Challenges. IMO, I'd prefer another level and/or caves, but I'd honestly just settle for a higher difficultly mode.

Super Smash Brother anything. Profit.

But ^that wouldn't be as profitable as putting the equivalent of "FP3" in the base of "Ultimate Deluxe" and releasing that on Switch 2, because otherwise it offers no new characters, so people who bought all three passes as DLC are less likely to drop 90 bucks on something they already own. Especially with bc.

Lock them to deluxe's base and more people will buy a whole other full game to get those exclusive characters. Plus then you're pushing a Switch 2 game instead of DLC for an old Switch game during the big wave of Switch 2 marketing.

But all of that is also still less likely than just getting a new Smash.
I think any Ultimate Deluxe is honestly up to if they can get the license for all the third-party character again?

Am I being too optimistic when I say I think Metroid Prime 4 is a first-half-of-2024 game?
Probably, but I like your thinking. We're in this together, Joe. Stay strong, and someday soon Samus will grace us with her presence.

I think any Ultimate Deluxe is honestly up to if they can get the license for all the third-party character again?
For a port, I think they'll be able to, in theory, relicense all the fighters they've already licensed, bar any buyouts, and provided they are given the budget required. What I think would be more difficult is convincing all the third-parties to be in base rather than as DLC.

But I still don't think this is the option they're going to go with.

5 years since the reboot. 6 years and 8 months after the announcement. One year after Metroid Prime Remastered. It's DAMN TIME we see Metroid Prime 4. Please tell me it's happening.

We’re barely 1,000 posts behind from overtaking the Switch 2 ST in posts which launched nearly 2.5 months ahead of us. I think we can pass them even with less than ten days left. Let’s keep our energy going :)

What are your Direct wishlists now that we know the date?
METROID PRIME 4 AND THAT'S EVERYTHING I WANT.

Since I probably ain't getting that:
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered;
  • Donkey Kong by EPD;
  • Zelda Wind Waker + Twilight Princess;
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder DLC with Rosie;
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake;
  • Hi-Fi Rush (believe!!);
  • something by Atlus, preferably Shin Megami Tensei IV Remasters or a surprise remaster or remake of either an old SMT game or one of the more blasphemous spin offs;
  • Red Dead Redemption 2;
  • a 2025 game, no matter what that is.
how are we gonna feel when (not if) this direct ends with the announcement of “The Fighter Pass 3 DLC for the Super Smash Bros Ultimate game”
I'd be super happy tbh. I'd be even happier if a Subspace Emissary-like World of Light 2 was revealed.

Anyways I miss Smash character reveals and another Fighters Pass is the only way I'm getting that before like 2027 😭.
Am I being too optimistic when I say I think Metroid Prime 4 is a first-half-of-2024 game?
Yes and I love you for it!!! May your positivity bless us with the game appearing on the next Direct 🙏🏻

tbh i wouldnt mind some e-shop only padding. the new e-shop ips like pushmo, boxboy and tank troopers are always a pleasant surprise. wacky, experimental nintendo is always the best nintendo

i can't believe I forgot about DLC for one of the top 5 games of last year...

My wallet will be open. I will pay any price for DLC idc if I'm getting fleeced.

Am I the only one who's hoping for another Hyrule Warriors, this time themed after Tears of the Kingdom? 🥹
For me at least, it's not necessarily hoping but lowkey expecting, because the Warriors games have been really well received financially and critically and it feels like an obvious thing to do. Not sure if they'd release it this year though.

I’d love it but no part of me expects to ever see it. We’d know by now if it was coming. They’re moving on.

pink oatchi dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom